Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, 7 April 2007

G'day Absville,

Just a shout around the world - Good Morning Vietnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam. A good morning from Hanoi. It's (well let's look out of my window .... cloudy, foggy, and generally polluted). And Gary Glitter is still in prison. May he stay there for another few years, that moron! (sorry :H ) He just asked for another cut in his jail term. I just don't have time for people of that sort, if you know what I mean ... Anyway, to more positive topics - I'm on Day 2 AF today. Can't believe it myself. But the 200 mgs Topa have turned the switch to even my beloved 1 - 2 glasses of wine. Anyway, that's that.

A couple of public holidays coming up at the end of this month, so I'll take off to neighbouring Laos for a holiday, again! I'm really looking forward to that. It's so quiet over there. Compare the quiet little town of Luang Prabang with about 16,000 inhabitants in the city with 6 million or so in Hanoi!

Anyway, enough of my rambling! What's up with you guys?
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Saturday, 7 April 2007

G'Day Paddy,

How's your black and blue bits?

It's great that the Topa has kicked in! Isn't it a weird feeling actually not "wanting" a drink? I still have to get my head in on the act. I physically do not crave any more but I still miss the ritual. Oh well.

Have a great holiday.

I will be having an Easter Day lunch with the family and then back to the usual clearing out, packing.... the sooner this is over the better!

Happy Easter Eve everyone!

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Thanks Bluebell, black and blue bits causing quite some problems, especially when I try to sleep. Trying to find the right position in an a-sexual way, ha ha ha!
      Paddy

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Paddy, sorry to hear things got polluted there, my Dad speaks highly of what a beautiful country Viet Nam is...er was perhaps, but he was in the countryside mostly near Ben Wa. I'm also having trouble sleeping with my hurt knee but it's mostly better.
        How are the side effects with the topa?
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Side effects of Topa for me only the metal frog and tingling in the feet. And I can live with that, frankly. As for the memory and word loss bit, that was only at the beginning stages. That passed pretty quickly thanks God.

Vietnam is still pretty nice, but mate where there are loads of people (86 million) things are bound to get a bit polluted.

How did you get to hurt your knee then?
          Paddy

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Good morning All,
            Day 7 AF for me today.
            Had a Good Friday, and I'm going to have a better Saturday.
            This is the first weekend in a long time, that my wife and I have managed to get off together for ages.
            We watched a movie and had an early night (nudge, nudge, wink, wink,), and a lie-in.
            Fantastic!
            Today, we're doing a bit of gardening then going to see our grandaughter.
            This time last week, I felt terrible.
            Thanks friends.

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Good on you Paul. Happy to hear that. Keep it up (the AF that is, wink, wink, ;-)
              Paddy

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Congrats Popeye on the week!!!! ( love ya bro!)

Hey D

Hey Paddy

Morning to all, I am just checking in before my morning run, I joined the subscriber last night after lushy told me about the video chat they were having with RJ and tawny, I went in there, it was sooooooo cool!!!! It was only 29.95 anyways, and i saved way more than that in the past three months so I figure i can spare the dough, plus it was so worth it even if all i got to do was do the video chat, got to meet determinator as well. I had fun to say the least. Just sharing the experience, not trying to pressure anyone!

Have a great day, I'll see you all later.

Victoria
                It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Hey, Victoria, I've actually tried subscribing believe it or not, ha, ha. But while paying via internet works fine in Europe, all paid sites are blocked in Viet Nam, sniff, sniff. But despair not ... I'm enrolling with PenPal, so in a short while I will join the pencil gang.

Tawny Frog eat your heart out, here's what I have to say regarding have/have-nots and all the peer pressure to join the pencil sharpeners' club

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. ;-PPPP
                  Paddy

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Good Morning-
                    Paddy, Bluebell, Popeye, D., Victoria.....seems like you are all doing pretty well this morning....esp you Pop :h glad you had a nice evening.

I was pretty down yesterday but I got a good night's sleep and I am going to go to the gym this morning. That usually helps. My trainer has been MIA this week (driving a limo for people going to the Masters in Augusta) so I have been on my own for the weights.
                    So although I'd rather stay in....it's cold out there this morning...I'm headed out.

Paddy- hope you feel better soon. And D- same for you - hope the knee is feeling better.
                    Have a lovely Sat.-
                    Lisa

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Morning All:

One of those days where I feel BLAH! Unmotivated...to say the least.

Hope everyone has a Great DAY~
                      going to go exercise, produce some endorphines to pick my mood up because I have to bring my 5yo son to a Chuckie Cheese B-day party this afternoon & I definately need a mood boost.
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

well, it's actually Sat here on the left coast now so I'm "official". Top of the morning everybody in AB Fab world. Yes, Victoria Vid-Chat was a kick in the pants....finally! gotta work on my singing a tad Popeye you happy rascal you glad everyone is doing well. Paddy I hurt my knee shooting a pistol match (I'm a competitive shooter and instructor) and during a movement exercise I slipped in some gravel and landed with my full 215 pounds on my left knee cap... owie!!!! it was badly cut but that's mostly healed, now it's the swelling and internal pain but that's better too and I'm walking pretty good. Hope your bike is better to you this summer! I'm selling my motorcycle next week. I'm too accident prone for motorbiking on the pavement.
                        Adios amibas and amibos.....I've gotta work on appetizers for a party tonight
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Day 1

I have started Campral, tomorrow Naltrexone will be combined (I have heard this has the greatest success)- Hit new low last night and begged to go to detox. Hubby too afraid to send me.

Today is my Day 1- wish me luck. I have so much respect for all you abbsters.

:h
                          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

I am here for ya Camper!!! I have so much respect for you...you are stronger than you think...
                            It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                            James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Happy Camper - Hang in there! You're a strong lady and we're all here for you, so good luck with your day one - look forward to celebrating with you tomorrow!

I just found this wonderful quote:
                              "My will shall shape my future. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me...My choice, my responsibility - only I hold the key to my destiny" (Elaine Maxwell)
                              Have belief: you are the force, you can beat this and you will - just one little step at a time and we're here to cheer you every step of the way!

Many :l
                              :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                              Goals:
                              Days 1-7 DONE
                              Days 8-14 DONE
                              Days 15-21 DONE
                              30 days DONE
                              60 days
                              100 days

Comment

Working...