Saturday, 7 April 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, 7 April 2007

HappyC, sorry you're having a rough spot. I've heard from several trustworthy sources now that oil of evening primrose is excellent for fighting withdrawals. Not sure how much is recommended but I think it's quite a bit...I'll try to dig up my notes. and if you can scrape up any valium....(probably shouldn't say that being I'm not a doc)If you think your health is in danger call a friend to take you to detox or an ambulance...not worth losing you over somebody elses opinion. Anyway you know yourself better than anyone. Lots of loving support to you!!!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Hi Determinator,

I am well hooked up with Klonopin and the Campral and Naltrexone already seem to be helping. I won't need to go anywhere I do have a pharmacy here lol- he was right and I was too shitfaced to think clearly. Thanks hon and to all :h
      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Dear Happycamper,

I have to second Determinator's opinion here. And on top of that (and I know it's maybe not the right moment to say that), Campral is only working if you have been abstinent for a while. I had been taking Campral for a while (over a period of a year or so). I was successful with it as long as I remained abstinent. As soon as i touched booze, all the successes went over board.

Frankly, my success story started with Topa. And who knows, and that's just my opinion, if you feel yours will start with Detox, and then Campral and Naltrexone, well that's your good right. But do listen to yourself. Your hubby might mean well, but only you know your body.

Hang in there darling. We're here for you, whatever your choice!
        Paddy
        Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Hi Happycamper.
          Thinking of you today.
          All the best.

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Yikes what a tough evening for me. Went to dinner with my neglected friends from my wine club and while I did expect it to be tough I had no idea how much so. I was pretty ok when they had white wine and champers, but as dinner was served the host produced a most breathtaking sight: a super-magnum of Redwood 2002 Grandpere. OMG!!!! I almost fainted. The smell of this incantation was singing to me as the other 3 couples surrounding Dx and I were all drinking this super red. The song of the siren was just so strong, and even though I said earlier that I had decided to abstain at this time they continued to rave about it and said I'd probably never taste a Zin that good ever again and even tried to convince me to just swirl some and spit....aaaaarrrrrrrrfffggggggggaaaaaa!!!!!!!! I white-knuckled it through dinner and then ate a huge portion of ice cream and cheesecake which seemed to help. I'm just emotionally exhausted now. I can say no to anything, but the really good reds have a magic place in my heart. But I didn't cave in and in 6 hours I'll be 32 days AF in spite of it all. Wife is so proud of me...she knew what I was going through. Sorry to rant, just had to explode my evening off my chest. Be well everyone and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Good on you Dx. I'm proud of you. I really mean it. It's hell out there. If I were you, I'd stay away from those evenings for a while now, until you collect yourself a bit. I'm myself a real Red wine person. And Champagne. Topa has taken the taste away from me when it comes to Champagne, so it sort of saved me from that 'evil'. The 200 mgs Topa helped me tremendously with the cravings, so much so, that I've been AF for the last 4 or so days. But red wine has a special place in my heart, too.

I would probably have fled the premises, grin ... Mamma mia. Just take it easy mate! You must be really drained by now. :goodjob:
              Paddy
              Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Camper, you are a wonderful person, and I admire what an awesome mom you are to your beautiful daughter. I am so sorry to hear you are down, but thrilled to know you have a good medicine treatment plan in place. Let us know how you are doing on a daily basis. As you can tell, you are well loved here.
                Meow-Meow
                MonaKitty

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Yes, Camps is well loved and an awesome mother never to be doubted. I wish her all the success in the world.

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Wow, Camper, it sounds like you had quite a night there! But you have come around just fine, it seems, with a good plan in place. All the best to you as you embark upon your journey!

Well Done, Mr. D! I doubt that I would have held up even half as well as you! You have lived up to your name of Determinator! You should be proud as hell!! I hope you are, and I'm glad that Mrs. D. was right there by your side with her support!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

thanks Kathy, you bet I'm glad the Mrs was by my side...she's such a rock.
                      happy Easter everyone!
                      Paddy you're right...don't think I'll intentionally torture myself like that too often
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Saturday, 7 April 2007

Wow, well done both Happycamper and Dx, both did so well this weekend, be proud and know that you inspire us more than you know with your posts.

Lorna
                        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
                        X