af day Tues 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tues 6th

Mae all...Ihave just spent the last 55 mins putting a new thread together and it has disappeared!!!!have not a clue where it has gone ...so from one seriously unhappy bunny good morning!!!hope everyone is ok......you ok Samstone?will try and get on later but at the mo aaaarggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:l:u pset:ull:hitme::illbeback::crap:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Tues 6th

MAE Mick - wish I could say I found your thread and wish I had the energy to kick-start.

MAE others - been very busy down here in the South Pole but have not succumbed to any of Robert Falcon Scott's famous whisky. You know where that can lead:eeks: icy gallows humor.

Actually a tropical 15 degrees celsius today - not bad for mid winter.

Hope we hear from Samstone when he wakes up - and of course from all you other abby fabbies as well. Enjoy your Tuesday -mine is coming to an end

Comment

af day Tues 6th

seeing I never got on well this morning thot I would put up some pics to show you what I am at!!!!

bathroom ..decorated and plants in ..trying to create a jungle!!!

Decorating and putting in fireplace and tiles

http://imageshack.us/images/info.gif

and finally this was first thing this morning
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Tues 6th

my favourite hanging basket...grown from 1" cuttings!!

Comment

af day Tues 6th

Good Tuesday morning Abbers!

Very nice work there Mick!
          I do hope you clean up after yourself :H
          Your plants are very cooperative for you - mine, not so much :H
          I'm enjoying some coffee before my daughter & granddaughter arise & get the day rolling. I will likely pick more peaches then decide what to do with them. Not so much stink bug damage on them this year which is nice. Last year the peaches were pretty much unusable.

Greetings TT, enjoy your mild temps!

Sam, WOW, glad you are OK! I am not a happy camper on the roads anymore. Did this happen on I-95 by any chance? I hate that road!!!

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF Tuesday for all.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Tues 6th

Great pictures, Mick! You sure are handy around the house and in the garden! Definitely want to see pictures of the completed project too. I envy your fuschia. I have never had any luck with it, even though I love it. Your back yard is certainly a little slice of paradise.

Sam, I'm glad that you are okay after your crash. That must have been very harrowing for you. I hope you have gotten a good rest after your experience. That is my worst nightmare--getting sandwiched between a couple of 18-wheelers.

Waving to TT as you hurtle into your Wednesday, dear!

It's a nice rainy day here. I'm happy because now that summer is coming to a close, I have a few clients returning to therapy, so I'll be busier again, and my wallet will reflect that in the next month. Whew! What a relief!

Anyway, gotta get to work. Still have lots of work to do. Truth be told, I am underwhelmed with Maddie's efforts to get her stuff put away now that she is back here. She is cleaning up after herself on a daily basis, but she has accumulated a bunch of crap from living on her own and didn't really sort through it before moving. Probably doesn't help that she has a new boyfriend. Anyway, I am putting her crap away, since it is bugging me, and I'll be happier when it is all done. If she can't find something, oh well.....

Okay, waves to the rest of the crew as you come on board today!

:l
            YahYah
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Tues 6th

Yah (and Mick) fuschia grows almost like a weed in our garden!

Yes, even in the South Pole.

I need Mick the Handyman here though!

Comment

af day Tues 6th

MAE Abbers,

Mick, what a lot of work going on. Were you this productive when you were actually working for a living?

Y@H, Moms will never change. If Maddie wasn't your daughter, would you be putting her stuff away? Make her do it. Boyfriend or no. You have enough on your plate.

TT, Glad it isn't as cold as it could be. When does spring usually arrive in your area? I am seeing some trees already starting to change for winter here.

SS, So sorry to hear about your accident!! Very glad to hear you weren't injured and such. Hopefully all the legal stuff gets taken care of quickly and you are past this event. You rent a truck every week?

No much to report here. Making sauerbraten today for the first time. I hope it turns out okay. It has been marinating for three days now. I made it because I had pulled the roast out to defrost in the fridge when mom went unexpectedly into hospital. So I figured it had aged some anyways, let's let it age some more. We'll see. My appetite and tummy have been off for a while so I doubt I will like it one way or the other, tbh.

Waves to all.

Need to go vacuum and mop and I hate doing both in my own house for some reason.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af day Tues 6th

heyo ABerooooos!

so glad to be home early after 3 nutty days in CA traffic. had a truck in front of me drop it's tail gate and crap was falling out of the trailer right in front of me. it was like driving in a video game or something...yikes. still not as exciting as Sam's night! Sam you faring ok?

what loverly plant pics! such a talented bunch here.

Cindi, I love old classic dishes like sauerbraten. how'd it turn out?

stopped for lunch at a brewpub (last time I stopped there I was drinking during the day...ugh) but they have great food. I asked if they had anything 'interesting' in the non AL category and the lady scrounged up a bottle of Bundaberg ginger ale which was a yummy treat. it's the same company in Oz that makes the dreaded 'bundy' rum we used to drink during out times there. the joke was you could tell if someone had a rough night because they had 'bundy eyes' the next morning.

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Tues 6th

Hello all

Mick, enjoyed your pictures. Looks quite nice where you are.

I got some much needed rest, set up an appointment with a lawyer, and got myself to work. I am very grateful for every one here. I truly was feeling like a terrible bum last night, I know accidents happen, and I am glad I wasn't hurt (I got too many damn animals to be in a frickin hospital). So between my friends here and my family at home, my health, and my sobriety I know I am very fortunate. Just wish the hell it didn't happen.

Oh well, I'm letting that go and back on to bigger and better things. Thanks for bearing with my handwringing and the rest.

Det, glad you didn't get hurt with any of that stuff falling.

Sam
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af day Tues 6th

These daily threads are tricky! I missed your story yesterday so had to go find it just now to get the scoop. I'm sure glad you are ok, Sam. :h NS

Comment

af day Tues 6th

With all the driving incidents I may stay off the freeway...comes in 3's right?

Mick what a gorgeous backyard! The rest of the house looks good too...my OCD ended...with much less work than you are putting in!

Lav....now I am craving peaches!

YAH...say it isn't so....summer coming to an end! Glad clients are coming back.

My wine/liquor client offered me a glass if wine today....first time since I've been calling on him for two years. I said that my system really didn't handle wine well. The wine rep said it was all about tolerance and I just needed to work to build my tolerance up:egad:

Walked into my clients office and there with several empty wine glasses was the huge spittoon they were spitting their tastings out into....Gross! My client was rather annoyed as one employee wasn't spitting, but swallowing. He said he hated to be around drunk people....guess he has seen his fair share:H

Stayed up watching a movie last night. Tonight is early to bed!

Comment

Working...
                        X