Thursday 22 Aug....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday 22 Aug....

morning all ...n how are the the boozebusters today? thats me back from my travels...not a very successful day but hey ho..nice and sunny this morning ,tho as I look out of the front window ,I can see all the swallows and swifts perched on the telegraph wires..not long now until they are on the big off down to Africa.

Tea and coffee on the go now for the not so many that are here.

Morning Sam...well gladthe pine came down?or more to the point ...without the fence coming down with it?:H Greenhouse I have got at present is an aluminium 6 x6 which is quite small ..the garden itself is pretty small so I have to maximise growing space!!Looking at getting an 6x8, which doesnt seem like a huge increase, but in actual fact that extra gives a heck of a lot of space inside.I also have a lot of little cold frames that I use, because of where we are..south facing ,high up ..we get the sun when it decides to come out ,but we also get the bad weather because it is more open. You into gardening?..perhaps we can start an off shoot thread!!Wow copperhead snake? we dont get any of that sort of thing over here...we panic about field mice!!!!!

mornin ppqp how are you today? my you do seem busy nowadays ...glad you are enjoying it..quick brew on the way out for you.

morning Lav..how are you today? any plans?wow thats a fair few eggs you have had from that flock isnt it..do you sell them too or is it a strictly home use? The word "free" is usually a good helper in getting rid of things..mabe you have got some Scottish Amish farmers ..now that would be a winner!!are grandsons round today "helping" you?:H..reckon you will need an extra strong coffee!!whatever you are doing have a good one

Hiya Det..how are you today ..some more quiet time?Im off swimming again this morning...its funny ...just couldnt get in the mood and yet once you are there and in its great..think somehow the news is a pretty poor sub for jokes ...Syria ,Egypt Iraq ,current economic trends ..they aint exactly rib ticklers!!See there is a new series of that Sons of Guns prog on over here..watched it last night..someone came to the shop and asked them if they could rebuild to working condition a demilled PIAT..his words were any one that ever fired one of these must have been off their heads and completely nuts!!!It was the main anti tank weapon of the British infantry for quite some years ..offensive little sh.t!!
    Anyways you have a nice day

right ho ...time to go tatty bye everyone..???ppqp,Sam,Lav Det and all others out there

cya.

Q: What do you get when you combine a penis and a potato?A: A dictator?

Two blondes are walking down the road when one says, ?Look at that dog with one eye!?The other blonde covers one of her eyes and says, ?Where?

A biker walks into a yuppie bar and shouts, ?All lawyers are assholes!? He looks around, obviously hoping for a challenge.
    Finally a guy comes up to him, taps him on the shoulder, and says, ?Take that back.?
    The biker says, ?Why? Are you a lawyer??
    ?No, I?m an asshole.?

Q: Did you hear about the Arkansas farmer who thought he had an STD?

A: It turns out that he was actually just allergic to wool.

A farmer got pulled over by state trooper Jon for speeding, and the trooper started to lecture the farmer about his speed, and in general began to throw his weight around to try to make the farmer uncomfortable. Finally, trooper Jon got around to writing out the ticket, and as he was doing that he kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around his head. The farmer said, ?Having some problems with circle flies there, are ya??

Trooper Jon stopped writing the ticket and said, ?Well yeah, if that?s what they are?I never heard of circle flies.?

So the farmer said, ?Well, circle flies are common on farms. See, they?re called circle flies because they?re almost always found, circling around the back end of a horse.?

The trooper said, ?Oh,? and went back to writing the ticket. Then after a minute he stopped and said, ?Hey, wait a minute, are you trying to call me a horse?s ass??

?Oh no, officer. I have too much respect for law enforcement and police officers to even think about calling you a horse?s ass.?

Trooper Jon said, ?Well, that?s a good thing,? and went back to writing the ticket.

After a long pause, the farmer said, ?Hard to fool them flies though.?

Two guys are driving to work when one asks the other if he talks to his wife after sex.?Yes,? replies the guy. ?If I can find a phone.

Q: What do Eskimos get from sitting on the ice too long? A: Polaroids.

Two turtles go camping and pack a cooler with sandwiches and beer. After three days of walking, they arrive at a great spot but realize they've forgotten a bottle opener. The first turtle turns to the second and says, "You've gotta go back and get the opener or else we have no beer."

"No way," says the second. "By the time I get back, you will have eaten all the food."

"I promise I won't," says the turtle. "Just hurry!"

Nine full days pass and there's still no sign of the second turtle. Exasperated and starving, the first turtle digs into the sandwiches. Suddenly, the second turtle pops out from behind a rock and yells, "I knew it! I'm not fucking going!"

A man walks into a bar and orders a triple scotch. As the bartender pours the drink, he remarks, "That?s quite a heavy drink. What?s wrong?"
    After quickly downing his drink, the man replies, "I found my wife in bed with my best friend."
    "Wow," says the barkeep. "What?d you do?"
    "I walked over to my wife," the man replies, "looked her straight in the eye, and told her to pack her stuff and get the hell out."
    "That makes sense," says the bartender. "And what about your best friend?"
    "I walked over, looked him right in the eye, and yelled, ?Bad dog!?"

Q: What do you call a 350-pound stripper?A: Broke

Q: Why did the cookie go to the doctor?A: Because it felt crummy.

Q: What do you get when you mix Ex-Lax with holy water?A: A religious movement.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Thursday 22 Aug....

Hi there absters! Sorry that you had a not so good day Mick. Hope it gets better today. Today was not so great for me -more work issues and I have a pile of work to do at home tonight. But my mood is good. At some point I will give up and watch a crappy DVD. I am way behind in what folk are up to -so I hope you are all behaving.
    I expect I can post more on the weekend. Ta ta for now!

Comment

Thursday 22 Aug....

Good morning Abbers!

Dark & cloudy with rain on the way, ho hum!
      Thanks for the coffee & the humor Mick

I do have regular egg customers, thank goodness! I have even had the Amish farmer buy eggs so he could sell them to his customers at his little market store. Imagine a small store with no lights, heat or air conditioning (in the front of a barn) with a small cube type refrigerator powered by propane. That's where he stores the 'Amish brown eggs' :H
      Since the summer garden was such a flop, YB planted 28 broccoli plants yesterday (that he started) for what could be a huge Fall crop. I may have to give away broccoli with each dozen of eggs sold :H

Greetings TT! You sound like one busy lady ~ take care!

Hello to everyone, sending wishes for a great AF Thursday for everyone. I'm on grandson watch for only 3 hrs this afternoon, yay!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thursday 22 Aug....

Morning all
        thanks Mick, definitely better than the news! I enjoy gardening, at one time we use to grow for a local restaurant and for some local sales. Now we just grow for ourselves. It has not been a good year for us though. I hate saying it.... too much rain. (I really don't like droughts!)

morning Lav & TT and all others
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thursday 22 Aug....

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off and the coffee. Need it this morning as I woke up tired. Think I was working all night in my sleep. Hope you're enjoying your swim.

TT...glad your mood is good, that'll help with the issues you are dealing with.

Lav...you can put me down for broccoli, one of my fav veg's. Chilly this morning here too. I refuse to let fall in as we haven't had summer yet!

Sam...morning to you. I must have missed a post or two as I'm not sure what the tree story is. Will have to do some back reading. Totally agree, Mick's jokes much better than the news.

Off to brew a second cuppa and try to wake up. Have a great AF Thursday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

Thursday 22 Aug....

mae everybody,didnt post yesterday cuz i was confused,never seen so many threads haha,yes jokes are much better than the damn news,too depressing all the time,locally on sat a cop from cali was visiting for his bachelor party someone carjacked him and there was a wreck and he died,very sad since he was here to celebrate,i swear people are getting crazier and crazier,supposed to rain again here this weekend,we shall see,usually they say that but all we end up with is 105 degrees and oppresive humitidty,its yucky,have a great day everybody
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thursday 22 Aug....

Stopping in again before I go dirtball aka grandson babysitting :H

Hi Sam, PQ & Pauly

I also planted more green beans - there should be enough time to get another crop in
              I'm a little concerned about all that broccoli though. My spouse really is not wrapped too tight I swear. We gave our freezer to our son several years ago so I really will have to have a broccoli give away
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thursday 22 Aug....

Late night greetings ABeroooooos!

to make a long story short. massages are wonderful! I never would have spent the 60 bucks on myself so I'm glad Dx sprang for it and made me go. I feel all loosened up and relaxed. it was a dreamy, meditative sensation toward the end. very interesting.

Lav, so you are the secret producer of the magic Amish eggs! very cool. I only buy locally farmed eggs now. they are 5X better than any store bought and WAY higher in fat soluble vitamins that store eggs are almost completely devoid of.

Mick, a PIAT? good grief. if I was going to go through the hassle of a classIV weapons build I'd get something a little prettier made up. the boys that used those things must have preloaded their shorts with dunny paper because you have to get within about 35 meters to hit the tank as I recall. eeeeek!

got my 4 months chip today and pretty well stoked about that

be well me loverlies....
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thursday 22 Aug....

Just a quick pop in. Busy working less and enjoying life:!

With more free time....it has given me time to find other ways to save time and be just as effective at work. I have been busy with yoga, massage, pedicure and the 88 things that have been on my personal to do list forever

Looking forward to a sober weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X