Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Wednesday 28 August 2013

My niece is a real mess TT
    She's been angry her entire life.....about nothing.
    Every time she pulls one of these stunts I have to run for cover. Today I have blocked her from my email addresses & I know she's too cheap to call here from Germany.
    It's always amazed me how she just seems to feel entitled to rip someone's head off without knowing what's going on. I haven't even seen her in about 14 years

My daughter just notified me that she's coming for a visit tomorrow, nice

Het Det - any aftershocks out there??
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening All
      For a rainy do nothing day, it sure slipped away from me, not sure what I accomplished.... started looking for a part time job, dealt with wreck issues, insurance bs from multiple insurance cos. , went to lawyer's office,
      aw yes... fiddle lesson, I have a wonderful fiddle teacher that has become a good friend. Learning a new tune, I'm learning old time music, very simple stuff.
      Then bam, it's dark.

Anyway... all this talk of chocolate and stuff made me remember a Stienbeck book in which one guy's goal was to have a beer ice cream float... yuk.....

hope everyone is well
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Blondie glad to have you back....glad you had a good time on your trip.

Bear....nice to see you. Time usually seems to go slow in the beginning....then before you know it time racks up. For fun I did put a counter on my phone when I started my recovery group. At first I kept it in minutes, now it is in hour mode. I will look at it and think....wonder what life will be like when I get to 100,000 hours....before I knew it....I was past 100,000 hours!

Mick....hope your eye is better. One of your jokes reminds me of a guy who says to all the people who have worked hard to eat healthy and workout their entire lives....aren't they going to be pissed when they find out they are dying from nothing

TT....now I am hungry for licorice...I am not sure I would like the ice cream version....but, WTH....live on the edge!

Cinders....did you always have armadillos....they are showing up in TN and people seem rather alarmed. A few months ago I accidently ran over one with the car....he seemed to toddle on regardless.

PPQ....I know what you mean about getting work done. I am learning to work at my best hours....especially with paperwork. I am a night owl....so boss gets return e-mails from me around 11pm. Those electric ciggies are quite popular here too. I quit smoking, but picked it back up:upset: But, now my neighbors are laying down something on their patio that smells like air freshener on speed. I am suspecting it is because they don't like my smoking....which I only do outdoors at home. I am a closet smoker......I can go all day without one.....so I should just give them up.

Lav...sorry about your niece. I like the way you are handling her though.

Sam....sometimes the day gets away from us....and there is nothing wrong with doing nothing. Our society seems to think we have to be on "go" all the time. I have friends who play "old time" music. When they have a party everyone comes with an instrument....except me. I can barely clap to a beat.

All is well here. Hubby and I are getting along much better these days. The kids are doing great in school. My revised work plan is working out nicely.

Just a difference in opinion on who gets to go to Heaven with my sponsor which is causing some issue. But, for me it is helping me clarify what I do and don't believe in. Lets just say in her opinion I am not getting in I guess I just don't understand in this day of age.....why people still need to create separation between people. Anyways....I am not letting a recovery sponsor screw up this recovery....I am keeping it....and getting rid of the sponsor

Comment

whew! a tired hidy ho ABerooooooos!

here in a different hotel from last night. this one's quieter thankfully. stressful day of driving in San Fran today. they are prepping to work on the Golden Gate bridge so naturally that's the way I had to drive. oh well. AF and resting now.

Bear, don't feel alone on the crap food, 'Mr Nutrition' ate 2 freaking donuts today! holy crap. getting up at 4:30 then racing to set up a tradeshow mostly alone (since my 3 boothmates decided to get trashed last night and were hung over bad) it doesn't help this is a law enforcement show and they are bent on reinforcing the donut stereotype for some reason. barf!

well, seeing my bosses sick from whiskey today was a nice reminder of my old lifestyle.

I'm feeling bloated and tired so I'm going to lay down early. will do some exercises in my room in the morn, then a hi protein low carb breaky to make for a MUCH better tomorrow.
          happy greetings to you all, too many for my tired mind to remember but you know who you all are

be well
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
          X