af Sunday 8 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 8 September

MAE absters ? hope you are all enjoying the weekend. Super sober Sunday here and no elephants/Vikings/longboats/hula dancers on the horizon. Course I bloody know about Viking history! Even in upside down land we have schools, universities and Conan the Barbarian.
    Speaking of which if you want to see a slow, depressing, very dark crime mini series that came out this year on TV see
    Top of the Lake (TV Mini-Series 2013) - IMDb
    Watch at your peril! Its set in my country, same scenery as - but Lord of the Rings it is not. Apparently some Americans can?t understand the accents and so are advised to use sub-titles. But the same advice said that many Americans do not understand British accents (let alone Jockese) ones.

Blondies ? so you left the Toaster out in the Rain. Isn?t the line from that song (that goes on and on) McArthur?s Park about leaving the ?cake out in the rain?. This was originally recorded by alkie extraordinaire (rude pugnacious bastard) Richard Harris in the 1960s but fortunately Donna Summer disco-fied the bloody interminable song. :disco:

Cinders ? hope you get some fun time with your daughter. Usually me and my girl don't go shopping because she has never been into shopping ? we spend more time together going for walks ? and of course at home. I have been blessed I guess by growing up in a family where the mother-daughter relationships are close and strong.

Bear ? hope the wedding is fun and you enjoy la viva sobera! :band2:Hope you washed the dye off your head though.

PPQP- breathe, sleep, eat, potter ? that's what weekends should be for ? but its sounds as if you are the go-to-girl for some of these event emergencies. I hope you get time off.

Pauly sweetie ? take it easy, and maybe leave the box of grannie?s things until you are a bit stronger. On the other hand, holding and looking at our loved one?s mementoes can feel good.

Greetings to all others ? Yah Yah, Det, Samstone and of course Mickster the Trickster. Hope the trip to Yorkshire is going well. Are you in rural or urban parts?

Catch you later folks

af Sunday 8 September

Quick hello ...now off off I go ..hope all ok
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 8 September

TT....curious if you think the dream was related to the events at work? I am glad to have not had a drinking dream in awhile. Even they exhaust me. I hope that your birthday is a good one. I had one over the summer....it was a quiet one....and I enjoyed it being that way.

Mick.....you the bartender at my Assisted Living.....well you are the first to have applied:H

Bear....hope your wedding went well. Weddings do seem to be a place that even people who don't drink often tend to have a few. Awesome on not drinking with your friends! I told everyone at work I quit drinking to quit smoking. Most were shocked to hear I smoked, as I never smoked at work. Now I have to actually quit smoking....

Blondie....I have never used a toaster for a BBQ....curious what you use it for?

Cinders....I liked the laminate better than hardwood. Easy to install and keep clean. Hope you enjoyed your football party....the south is pretty serious about their football! Screw the guy who sneered at you at the job fair...people who think they are better than others....usually have a self esteem issue.

Lav...sounds like a lovely day with your girls!

Pauly dealing with loss is never easy. Hope that you are finding some comfort.

PPQ....being called back to work....gosh....I don't know what I would have done a year ago if I got called back to work....I would have been half in the bag by the time the call came in. It is nice to not have that worry.

Det....so did he take the dollar?

Took my oldest shopping with me. We had a blast and he needed a break from Dad. Then hubby and I went to a movie. Its been a long time since I have been in a theater seeing anything above PG-13.....it rather shocks me when parts get a bit vile.

Its been hot here....so tomorrow is a pool day. I have been on GO mode these last few days. My to do list was too long.....so I started to just scratch off the non-esstenials. Why were they even on the list anyways!

Comment

af Sunday 8 September

SF - the stress at work didn't help last week but the drink (bottle) in the dream was in fact an exact replica of an image with people in it that I have been studying in relation to something quite un-related to AL. I tend to often dream images I have seen during the past few days -with quite precise visual recall in my dreams. This is a blessing and a curse - it was great when I was a student revising for exams but it means I do sometimes relive a lot of scenes.
        The bottle in the dream was a drink I never much liked (a large bottle of vodka).

Probably tonight I will dream about Mexican style chili fish since that is what I cooked tonight!

Comment

af Sunday 8 September

MAE Abbers,

Sounds like things are settling down in Abberoo land. Good to know.

Just a quick pop in from me. Packing for trip to NC.

Lots of excitement in the house last night as son caught up in unpaid traffic tickets. Someday he will learn that he has to get things squared away so his life is easier. Up to him, though.

Have a restful Sunday so tomorrow is a good start.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Sunday 8 September

Good morning Abbers,

I'm about to head out with my DIL & grandsons for yet another fun trip to IKEA :H

Greetings TT, Mick, SF, Cindi & everyone!
            Have a safe trip Cindi, check in when you can

Have a fabulous AF Sunday everyone!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 8 September

hey there - just done 5 hour drive - exhausted! I drank 3 drinks and stopped myself from having more - I didn't like feeling of being drunk/wanted to be able to chat properly.I let the 'I'll just have one' voice in.Not good at all BUT small progress from last time when I got drunk and smoked and felt ill all day.

I also danced a lot. There was a girl in our group who wasn't drinking at all and was really lively and fun and she inspired me to stop - and to believe that I can do this properly. So not great at all that I drank - but feeling more positive that I can stick to it next time.I believe that I will. Hope you all are having/had good weekends -
              one day at a time

Comment

Working...
              X