Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring September ~ Week 2

Good morning friends

Thought I would get us started in week 2!

I slept later than usual, nice. Must be the cooler weather
    Dreading the return of heat & humidity.

I've been invited once again to accompany my DIL on a trip to IKEA. There's no way possible for anyone to handle those two boys alone in that place so Mimom is needed today :H

I hope everyone has something nice planned for the day!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Hi All!

Lav, thanks for the kickstart into week 2! I was on earlier and meant to but didn't quite have time. Have fun at IKEA even if it is on Mimom duty.

The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.
    Epictetus

Today is beautiful but getting hot. I'm making split pea soup in the crockpot. Not much else happening, which is fine by me!

Happy AF Sunday!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The babies arrived early

AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Star, Lav-you hit the nail on the head. Definitely don't think I'm immortal anymore and the would'ves, should'ves are getting to be overwhelming, especially in the financial realm. Yes I got a raise but it isn't enough to keep up with the ever increasing expenses and I just can't work 7 days a week for extended periods of time. So yes, AL played a big role in trying to numb the disconnectedness and the reality!

Anyway, Lav-the chicks are cutie pies!! You will have so much fun watching them grow!

Well, tomorrow is another day and you never know what is in store. I think I will try to dream of miracles rather than dwell on disaster. :h
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning to all...

Lav and Pap, I agree that it is scary to be getting older. Everything is not possible anymore. Limitations, aging bodies, financial stressors. I realized that when I was young, I did not mind having to sacrifice, thinking it was temporary. Now, I realize that this is it. With the financial collapse, all our plans were changed, and we do not have tons of time. I have been trying to budget (good at that) and simplify. Truly, focusing on the moment, present time. I have all I need. Being AF makes life good.

Lav, I too have been having hot flashes off and on. Plus, sleep has been shorter due to steroid hangover!! Just reading a lot, and so glad I work outside the home. Have you ever though about getting something part-time just to get out of the house, socialize, extra money? I have to get out of the house, or I get depressed, stuck in negative thinking. I was thinking you would be excellent at teaching a class with all your knowledge and experience. I also wish I could start an online business but know nothing about it. Just throwing ideas out there. Having spoken to a few women about aging, it is really common to feel empty, scared, confused. Grieving youth I guess. The key is to fill your time with whatever floats your boat. I am still working on that.

We have another hot day, then this cold front is supposed to go through, with lows in the lower 40s by the weekend. Yay!!!! Fall clothes, I hope I can fit into them. Have a great day.
          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good morning friends!

Yep, hot & humid here too Star, AC is back on.
            The chicks all survived their first night so I am happy
            I have given a few minutes thought to looking for a regular job again but I always come to the same conclusion - don't want one! Even though I bemoan about being on my own so much I just couldn't whip up the enthusiasm to be back in the regular workforce anymore. I know the hospitals are now requiring a lot more from their employees than ever & I'm just not interested. They just suck the life out of you to be completely honest.
            I have my embroidery customers, the grandkids & the animals & egg customers currently keeping me busy. I also am a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant & can always pick up work in that area if needed. My whole life has been about work & turning 60 later this year has me thinking enough is enough :H

Wishing everyone a great AF Hump day!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

“Prayer of an Anonymous Abbess:

Lord, thou knowest better than myself that I am growing older and will soon be old. Keep me from becoming too talkative, and especially from the unfortunate habit of thinking that I must say something on every subject and at every opportunity.

Release me from the idea that I must straighten out other peoples' affairs. With my immense treasure of experience and wisdom, it seems a pity not to let everybody partake of it. But thou knowest, Lord, that in the end I will need a few friends.

Keep me from the recital of endless details; give me wings to get to the point.

Grant me the patience to listen to the complaints of others; help me to endure them with charity. But seal my lips on my own aches and pains -- they increase with the increasing years and my inclination to recount them is also increasing.

I will not ask thee for improved memory, only for a little more humility and less self-assurance when my own memory doesn't agree with that of others. Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be wrong.

Keep me reasonably gentle. I do not have the ambition to become a saint -- it is so hard to live with some of them -- but a harsh old person is one of the devil's masterpieces.

Make me sympathetic without being sentimental, helpful but not bossy. Let me discover merits where I had not expected them, and talents in people whom I had not thought to possess any. And, Lord, give me the grace to tell them so.

Amen”

― Margot Benary-Isbert

You all have me thinking about aging. I don't feel as though I am aging, but when I look in the mirror....and all the friends and family around me look older, so why do I not "feel" older? The presence, the awareness, the "I am", the soul, whatever it is that is "ME" feels the same as ever. My husband and I were just talking about that phenomenon the other day.

Star, I agree with you that when living with someone there is a lot of give and take and accommodation that sometimes gets very trying! When that happens, I long to live alone. But I know that living alone would have its drawbacks. I hear Pap and Lav talking about their particular challenges living alone. I think it would be harder than I can imagine.

Pap, congrats on the raise!!! Woot-woot!! Sorry it is still such a struggle to make ends meet. It's good you are doing it without the numbing powers of al tho. Think how much MONEY could be wasted on that, and the problems would still be with you in the morning....accomponied by a hangover! Double whammy!:H

Lav, love the chick pic!!! Thanks for sharing.

Rusty, wherever you are......I am reading Blame and I really like it. I am interested to find what happens to Patsy now that she is out of prison. Will she succeed?

Off we go for another AF Humpday. Going to the lake to float in a chair. Enjoy the AF day everyone!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

well today I decided to kick getting older in the butt and finally do something good for myself. I got my ass out of bed and up to the community college at 5:30 am and did Day 1, Week 1 of the 5K101 program. I don't use the app (downloaded it a few weeks ago but it didn't work properly on my phone. Todd immediately refunded the $4.99) but there is a free podcast I can use that has some decent music and Todd's coaching. I did the whole 30 min and couldn't believe I made it through! My feet felt like 50 lb blocks but I understand this will pass. I also managed over 11,000 steps throughout the day as well. I'm pretty stoked and hope I'll still feel motivated on Friday.

Dill-I LOVED that quote you found!! It really hit home! hope you had a nice float tonite!

HHH here as well-AC went on this morning. Sever T-storms are supposed to come through soon so hopefully a cold front will follow.

See you all tomorrow!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good night wishes to all from one of my new araucanas

AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

very cute!! his name is longer than he is big :H

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning ladies...

Lav, I would love to just work part-time. You are right on about the medical field wanting more and more of you. Teaching too. I just have to get out of the house! Also, I have not worked full time my entire life, just the last 10 years, before that part time while raising kids. Your chickies are very cute, clearly you are enjoying a new brood. The secret to happiness is wanting what you have. So, I am trying very hard today to want what I have. Only have to work four hours, need some time to just chill.

Dill, very informative prayer, nuns can be so wise. I am glad to hear you do not feel old and love your plans for the day, floating in the lake. I think that you and your hubby must have planned things right, retirement is agreeing with you. How is your son doing? It is so hard after divorce to recreate your life.

Pap, you rock! That workout sounded great...I love being active, it really lifts my mood. I think you are lucky to have a workout facility on the grounds of your job.

Shout out to Rusty, hope your week is going well.

Have a great day.
                      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good Thursday morning kids,

Partly cloudy which means cooler weather is moving this way ~ I hope. It was nasty outside yesterday.

Star, I absolutely feel that I gave too much of myself away after nearly 30 years in nursing, raising my kids, caring for elderly relatives & of course dealing with a guy who never knew what the hell he wanted since he didn't trust happiness. Is there any wonder why I fell apart? I think not
                        I was brought up (forced) to be a people pleaser when in reality I never wanted that exhausting role. I am determined to crawl out of that hole & stay out

Papmom, your workout sounds great! I hope you can hang in with it & give the old bod the attention it truly deserves :H Have fun too

Dill, it's funny that I have some of those thoughts running thru my own self-talk but I word them a bit differently :H

Rusty, where are you this week? Witts?

Have a great day all. I'm off to Curves, couldn't get there yesterday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Day 3 chick pic

AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Greetings All,
                            On the subject of aging, I want to make it clear, I am aware that I am aging!!! In my body I feel the aches and pains and reduced energy. But that seems somehow separate from the spirit inside of my. Am I making any sense? I hope so.

Star, my son is doing better emotionally, but he recently lost his job so it's one step forward, two steps back, if you know what I mean. Thank you for asking. How are things with your son? As far as the prayer, I found it reflective and I loved the gentle humor.

Lav, those chicks are so cute! We used to have araucanas too. Loved the blue/green eggs.

Papmom, thanks for the link. I have never been a runner. I can't imagine ever being able to run just one mile! But I bet the program will help anyone get back into the best shape they can. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Witts, Rusty, hellooooooo!

Spent my day dodging cloudbursts at the outlet mall. Lots of good buys and fun with my gf.

Have a good AF night everyone.
                            Dill

Comment

Hi Guys!

I am typing on my IPhone and I just lost a really long post. I have been in Mystic, CT this week. I had a beautiful view of a dry docked submarine from my conference room. I am now stuck in Philly waiting for my flight to Chicago. I hope I get home tonight. Thank you so much for your support regarding my niece's snide comments. I was not the only recipient of her catty remarks. I was very happy to see her go back to WY. I will be back tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X