Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, 12 April 2007

G'day Absville,

How's life with the Absvillers? Here everything is pretty ok. Looking forward to the weekend. Hope Patty's ok (HappyCamper). She's having a rough spot with her daughter's health. All of us seem to be experiencing ups and downs with our own health/or the health of our loved ones at the moment. Anyway, hang in there!

Looking out of the window, the good news is, the weather is fineeeeeeeeee! Quite unusually fine. Maybe the quite before the storm, grin ... Anyway, maybe it's to commemorate upcoming public holidays. 30 April is 'Fall of Saigon Day' and some other interesting public holidays, so I'm having a number of great holidays in a row without having to take annual leave - yahoo!

Well, have yourselves a great day!
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Thursday, 12 April 2007

Hi Paddy- Can you please explain a little about the new avitar? Who are those cute guys??
    Well, I am at the end of Day three of a work conference in Miami. Just left the latest open bar to come back to my room. No drinks for me.
    Those late nights at the bar are not quite the same when you are drinking Sierra Mist. I have been enjoying being able to stay awake during the seminars and awards and speakers and breakout meetings though so that makes it all worthwhile.

I worked out one morning so far. That helped.
    Enjoy your finnnneeeee weather Paddy! Hope everyone else is well and feeling good today.

Love,
    Lisa

Comment

Thursday, 12 April 2007

Paddy, thanks for sharing about your holidays. I love to know what's happening on the other side of the world. It's a small world, isn't it?
      Yes, I too am concerned about Patty, and Sophie.
      Lisa, I know exactly what you mean about staying awake at the seminar. I don't think I have ever attended a seminar when I was AF. It must be wonderful to have a clear head and feel good. So how is the gym at the resort Lisa?
      Hello to the rest of you who have not checked in yet. Hope it's a wonderful day!
      Meow-Meow
      MonaKitty

Comment

Thursday, 12 April 2007

Yeah, I do know what you're talking about, Lisa with those hotels and seminars. We're doing that here at times too. Can be quite taxing ... Take care, and rest well. Thanks Mona, I am enjoying the fine weather.

The two in the Avatar are cute guys, aren't they? Actually a sad story behind them. I took the picture while on mission in the north of Laos. They shot the bear cub's mum (you know how in Asia, a number of poachers shoot bears and tigers to get traditional medicine from bear/tiger bile, balls, and what-have-you), and the poor chap was just beside itself and scared. So it sort of made friends with the owner of a sandal wood factory's dog. Those two guys became inseparable. And the doggie wouldn't let anyone harm the cub. Just watching the two was so touching ...
        Paddy

Comment

Thursday, 12 April 2007

Paddy, Monacat, Lisa...and all ye to come: Top of the morning from snowy Reno! during the night we got a couple inches...should make the drive to work more entertaining.
          Be well and I'll type to you from work if I get a chance.
          ciao
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thursday, 12 April 2007

Day 6

I'm doing alright thanks all, hope to contribute in the other direction soon.

Off to get my haircut in a thunderstorm. taking train to Manhattan. Wish it were a :h nicer day to walk around the city, oh well!
            Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Thursday, 12 April 2007

all well in sunny scotland ,sounds a bit strange saying sunny scotland as it usually pours down but it is absolutely gorgeous today.paddy that was such a sad story about the bear cub hope it is doing fine ,good health to eveyone and theirs
              love as always maryt

Comment

Thursday, 12 April 2007

Have a great day everyone
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thursday, 12 April 2007

Happycamber, I'd gladly visit Manhattan in the rain...love the place! well, especially the delis and gourmet food shops in little Italy....I went into Murrays cheese shop on Bleeker Ave and came out with 330.00 in just cheese!!! I'm outta control in those places...enjoy!
                  happy day everyone!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thursday, 12 April 2007

happy Thursday!

Hope everyone"HAD" agreat day, as it is 9:26PM now, didn't get a good workout, ate alot at a"happy hour celebration" at work................didn't drink though!!!!!! Day 53 for me (I think! )

Anyway, off to journal, then it is night-night for me!:h :h
                    MA

Comment

Thursday, 12 April 2007

Dx, I so understand you! I can go totally mad, when I go into a buying craze. It happens to me when I do the art galleries here in Vietnam. I walk in. And of course the first painting I look at, I fall in love with happens to be the priciest. I walk out, determined not to buy it. The moment I walk out, I think to myself ... DARN, now someone is gonna walk in and buy it! I'll feel sorry for the rest of my life, because I really liked the art, and just looking at it made me feel happy. AND THANKS GOD FOR VISA AND MASTERCARD ;-)
                      Paddy

Comment

Working...
                      X