Saturday the 14th Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday the 14th Aug

mae everyone....and how are we on sunny Saturday?well it might be wherever you are but it deffo isnt here Dont know where they got the "hot for 2 days" report from...it certainly wasnt here!!Its raining ...thankfully rabbits hutch isnt leaking ,so they are nice n dry ..they are still getting used to it..especially now that I have changed their drinking bottles.Got 2 that dont leak ..they really are good ...Ezi fill..if anyone is interested ..trouble is completely different design from the others.
    Out early doors tomorrow...one of the people I used to see has just died...he had a pretty rough time of it too god bless, so its his son and wife I will be dealing with from now on..hopefully should be ok.

right on we go...for a sumptious selection for this sober Saturday..oh yeh t n coffee as well.

Evening tt ..how was your Saturday? chill out time or were you busy bee time?..or Hitchcock time? whatever ..hope it was a good one.

Hiya Lav ..how are you? when you say gas is 3.51..take it thats a gallon? Ours is $1.44 per litre!!!more fat cat tax!.So you are cleaning out too? wow must be something in the air!!I get as far as sorting it all out , ready to go to the charity shop ,and suddenly decide I need a jersey to work in ...so hey presto the circle starts again!!qhick have a coffee from a madman!!you any plans for today?

Hia Sam ..how are you? doin the do?anything on for the weekend?
    Lav, Amish henchman?? Sounds like an oxymoron to me...nah dont think theyre morons Sam ..just a wee bit slow on the uppytake!!!:H

Det well done to you for keeping the al beast at bay..you get about a bit dont you mate?hope you are home soon have a good one

well not a lotta peeps on here but hey sometimes thats the way the deck drops!...if you are there Pauly (which I reckon) hiya to you ...hope things are starting to get sorted and easier for you ..just to let uno thinking about you :l

big shout to everyone else ..ppqp,yah Cinders blondie, bear and anyone else that I have had the nerve to forget!!

A young woman was taking golf lessons and had just started playing her first round of golf when she suffered a bee sting. Her pain was so intense that she decided to return to the clubhouse for medical assistance. The golf pro saw her heading back and said, ?You are back early, what?s wrong?? ?I was stung by a bee!? she said. ?Where?? he asked. ?Between the first and second hole.? she replied. He nodded and said, ?Your stance is far too wide.?

A grasshopper walks into a bar. The bartender says "Hey, we have a drink named after you." The grasshopper says "You have a drink named Steve?"

What did the farmer say when he lost his plow?
    Hey! Where's my plow?!?

What has two legs, but can't walk?
    Half a dog.

why do ducks have flat feet?

to stamp out forest fires.

why do elephants have flat feet?

to stamp out burning ducks.

Ways to Annoy People

Specify that your drive-thru order is "to go."

2. If you have a glass eye, tap on it occasionally with your pen while talking to others.

3. Start each meal by conspicuously licking all your food, and announce that this is so no one will "swipe your grub."

4. Name your dog "Dog."

5. Insist on keeping your car windshield wipers running in all weather conditions "to keep them tuned up."

6. Reply to everything someone says with "that's what you think."

7. Claim that you must always wear a bicycle helmet as part of your "astronaut training."

8. Follow a few paces behind someone, spraying everything they touch with a can of Lysol.

9. Make beeping noises when a large person backs up.

10. Do not add any inflection to the end of your sentences, producing awkward silences with the impression that you'll be saying more any moment.

11. Adjust the tint on your TV so that all the people are green, and insist to others that you "like it that way."

12. Tell 1-800 operators they sound gay and ask for a date.

13. Sew anti-theft detector strips into people's backpacks.

14. Hide dairy products in inaccessible places.

15. Order a side of pork rinds with your fillet mignon.

16. Change channels five minutes before the end of every show.

17. Tape pieces of "Sweating to the Oldies" over climatic parts of rental movies.

18. Decline to be seated at a restaurant, and simply eat their complimentary mints by the cash register.

19. Buy a large quantity of orange traffic cones and reroute whole streets.

20. Repeat everything someone says as a question.

21. Write "X - BURIED TREASURE" in random spots on all of someone's road maps.

22. Inform everyone you meet of your personal Kennedy assassination, UFO, and OJ Simpson conspiracy theories.

23. Repeat the following conversation a dozen times: "Do you hear that?", "What?", "Never mind, it's gone now."

24. Light road flares on a birthday cake.

25. Wander around a restaurant, asking other diners for their parsley.

26. At the laundromat, use one dryer for each of your socks.

27. Stand over someone's shoulder, mumbling as they read.

28. Ask people what gender they are.

29. Lick the filling out of all the Oreos, and place the cookie parts back in the tray.

30. While making presentations, occasionally bob your head like a parakeet.

31. Lie obviously about trivial things such as the time of day.

32. Leave your Christmas lights up and lit until September.

33. Change your name to "John Aaaaasmith" for the great glory of being first in the phone book. Claim it's a Hawaiian name, and demand that people pronounce each "a."

34. Sit in your front yard pointing a hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.

35. Chew on pens that you've borrowed.

36. Wear a lot of cologne.

37. Listen to 33RPM records at 45RPM speed, and claim the faster speed is necessary because of your "superior mental processing."

38. Sing along at the opera.

39. Mow your lawn with scissors.

40. At a golf tournament, chant "swing-batabatabata-suhwing-batter!"

41. Ask the waitress for an extra seat for your "imaginary friend."

42. Go to a poetry recital and ask why each poem doesn't rhyme.

43. Ask your co-workers mysterious questions and then scribble their answers in a notebook. Mutter something about "psychological profiles."

44. Select the same song on the jukebox fifty times.

45. Construct elaborate "crop circles" in your front lawn.

46. Make appointments for the 31st of September.

47. Invite lots of people to other people's parties.

48. Leave the copy machine set to reduce 200%, extra dark, 17 inch paper, 99 copies.

49. In the memo field of all your checks, write "for sensual massage."

50. Stomp on little plastic ketchup packets.

51. Practice making fax and modem noises.

52. Highlight irrelevant information in scientific papers and "cc." them to your boss.

53. Finish all your sentences with the words "in accordance with prophesy."

54. Signal that a conversation is over by clamping your hands over your ears.

55. Disassemble your pen and "accidentally" flip the ink cartridge across the room.

56. Holler random numbers while someone is counting.

57. Staple papers in the middle of the page.

58. Publicly investigate just how slowly you can make a "croaking" noise.

59. Honk and wave to strangers.

60. TYPE ONLY IN UPPERCASE.

61. type only in lowercase.

62. dont use any punctuation either

63. As much as possible, skip rather than walk.

64. Try playing the William Tell Overture by tapping on the bottom of your chin. When nearly done, announce "no, wait, I messed it up," and repeat.

65. Sing the theme to the Batman television show as loudly as you can, over and over and over..

66. Tell people their accent isn't fooling anyone.

67. Drum on every available surface.

68. Write the surprise ending to a novel on its first page.

69. Set alarms for random times.

70. Learn Morse code and have conversations with friends in public consisting of "Beeeep bip bip beeeep bip.."

71. Buy large quantities of mint dental floss just to lick the flavor off.

72. Leave your Nine Inch Nails tape in Great Uncle Ed's stereo, with the volume properly adjusted.

73. Dress only in clothes coloured Hunter's Orange.

74. Wear your pants backwards.

75. Begin all your sentences with "ohh la la!"

more to follow.....

A man came home from work, sat down in his favourite chair, turned on the TV, and said to his wife, "Quick, bring me a beer before it starts"
    She looked a little puzzled, but brought him a beer. When he finished it, he said, "Quick, bring me another beer. It's gonna start."
    This time she looked a little angry, but brought him a beer.
    When it was gone, he said, "Quick, another beer before it starts."
    "That's it!" She blows her top, "You bastard! You waltz in here, flop your fat ass down, don't even say hello to me and then expect me to run around like your slave. Don't you realize that I cook and clean and wash and iron all day long?"
    The husband sighed. "Oh shit, it started!?

A Jewish dad is lying on his death bed, he calls out for his wife and she squeezes his hand and tells him, "I'm here sweetheart." "Good" he tells her, "and my son?" "I'm here papa" says the boy. "Good", says the dad, "and where is your sister?" "Oh papa, I'm here too!" The girl responds. The fathers face becomes angry, and he yells, "Then why the hell is the light on in the other room if you're all in this one?"

One night a guy takes his girlfriend home. As they are about to kiss each other goodnight, the guy starts feeling a little horny.
    With an air of confidence, he leans with his hand against the wall and, smiling, he says to her "Darling, would you give me a blowjob?"
    Horrified, she replies "Are you mad? My parents will see us!"
    "Oh come on! Who's gonna see us at this hour?"
    "No, please. Can you imagine if we get caught?"
    Horny as hell he says, "Oh please, please, I love you so much!"
    "No, no, and no. I love you too, but I just can't!"
    "Oh yes you can. Please?"
    Out of the blue, the light on the stairs goes on, and the girl's little sister shows up in her pajamas, and in a sleepy voice she says, "Dad says to go ahead and give him a blowjob. Otherwise I can do it. Or if need be, Dad says he can come down himself and do it. But for God's sake tell the asshole to take his fucking hand off the intercom!"

An art thief pulls off an incredible heist at the Louvre. He loads a bunch of priceless paintings in the back of his van and drives off.
    He is about to make the perfect getaway when his van suddenly stops. The authorities nab him, and one of them asks "what happened to the van?"
    The thief replies:
    "I did not have the Monet
    to buy Degas
    to make the Van Gogh"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Saturday the 14th Aug

MAE all - have a good Sunday (well today too) on your jaunts Mick - or visits as it seems to be. Are these people from your former line of work? Moi - sticking my nose in.
    How are the chicks Lav? Yes, the wee kiddiwinks will love them.
    How are you doing Bear? Sf? Yah Yah? Cinders?
    Sam - enjoying the weekend - any fiddle playing?
    Det - as I said - good on ya for thinking past the craving and as you wisely ascertained driving when tired can be just as dangerous as drunk driving
    PPQP - hope you are getting some snoozeroo this weekend. Your work is demanding but its sounds very interesting
    I seem to be cooking a lot today - made lentil/spinach soup (en masse as I freeze it for self), salmon tonight, with dry cubed curried potatoes (hardly any oil) and lots of salad. Home made apple pie out of the oven - we are expecting snow tonight so have to be prepared!!!:H

I am also working on some writing as the stuff cooks. By heck, I enjoyed the movie last night. Tomorrow we are off to see a play - so that should be fun too.

Have a good weekend and for those who are struggling with what life throws us - just remember that you too will survive and you are a good person

Keep up with the sober revolution - the very best alternative.

Comment

Saturday the 14th Aug

morning Mick - we had loads of rain all last night as well - not raining now but looking very grey and overcast. I'm up early to take older kitties to vet - one for older cat health check v nurse,other for blood test to follow his check up from last week as he had protein in wee. Could be kidney probs, but they have medication now to manage it and prevent further damage.Fingers crossed,and am trying to be positive - I love my furry family.

Had a curry(for a change!) and a lazy eve last night watched Coronation St, pottered about on smart recovery board and soberistas (newish UK site).

Off to the midlands for a gig and then staying over in hotel, I'm aware this has been a danger spot for me in the past - BUT have also done this gig sober twice and I really enjoyed it. I'm aware - not drinking as have taken lot of cold meds (is my cover story) - I am starting to enjoy being sober again and feeling free and I want that to last. There is also a smart recovery technique called STOP as well that I will use too.Looking forward to waking up sober tomorrow am.

Happy Saturday to you all.
      one day at a time

Comment

Saturday the 14th Aug

Had a great lunch with hubby at a fancy place that we would never normally go to. Expensive.....but, much cheaper than a night on the town. I am sure many of our Friday 13th celebrations looked much like a horror flick. We did have to get out the calculator....but it has been 17 years since he proposed. We are both glad we got married.....but, had someone described the years ahead to either of us....I am sure we both would have run like hell

Mick...hope you had free refills on the soda:H I am sorry to hear about your friend passing, never easy...even if it is blessing they are not suffering anymore.

TT....your night of a bubble bath and movies sounds fantastic. Watched the first "Percy Jackson" with the boys....loved it and going to see the second one. Had to laugh when they said the mom stayed with this boozer for many years because he stank so bad he kept the demons away.

Lav...I usually haul the stuff to Goodwill....need to check into pick up service. I would be too worried they would decline taking my junk

Det....good for you deciding to sleep....and fighting the craving away. I am sure it was the week of not feeling well...but, that doesn't make it any easier.

Bear...I was just reading through some of my SMART material tonight. I wanted to arm myself with their techniques for relapse prevention. I know I am not bullet proof.

And hello to Sam....hope you had a great day.

Its a welcome chilly here, before the next heat wave. I am thinking a good book.....movies with the kids.....and some TV time.

Comment

Saturday the 14th Aug

TT - think we cross posted = morning!
          SF - I really like SMART's approach

Took cat to vet but was mis-advised he did need to be starved for blood tests - so another week - looking at poss thyroid/kidney - worst case scenario a tumour - don't want to think about that..

Happy Saturday to you all.
          one day at a time

Comment

Saturday the 14th Aug

Good morning Abbers & happy Saturday ~ it's SEPTEMBER Mick not August :H

Sunny, cool & dry here, nice!
            My plan is to spend some time outside for a change after being cooped up in AC all summer.
            Glad to hear your bunnies are adjusting to their new quarters Mick

bear, my Swiss Mountain dog has been on thyroid medication the past few months. Getting a 100 lb. dog back & forth to the vet office for blood draws is a thrill, believe me. The back seat of my car is tied up with car seats for the grandkids so I have no choice but to put her in the front passenger seat next to me. She would try to drive if I let her :H Hope your cat is OK!

Det, glad you made a good choice!
            I am grateful that my mood swings are infrequent & very mild compared to what they used to be. For me it was a matter of getting hormones under control, eliminating AL, adding some St. John's Wort & mindfulness & of course suddently dropping about 240 lbs :H :H YB was definitely part of the problem. Hope you feel better now!

Greetings SF, TT & everyone stopping in today!
            I need to go check on the chicks - so far so good!

Have a great AF day!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Saturday the 14th Aug

Morning all!

I am back......... was doing pretty well with the drinking thing and focusing on health, but then in the last month; been on two vicious benders. The first being a month ago when a family friend came to visit and he is a heavy drinker....... loads of Vodka. That lasted 3 days... The last was from Sunday to Tuesday. Beer - 48 of them to be exact. WTF?

IT is true what they say. You pick up where you left off.

After all the health issues of mine (breast cancer) a couple of years ago you would think that I would know better. I laid the 'beast' to rest for quite a while. I stupidly woke him up with my 'f-it' attitude. I think I smoked about 3 packs of cigarettes each time as well.

Anyway, it has been a few days now and back on track. Beating myself up over it will just cause me to say 'f-it' again. So, positive thinking and chalk it up that I need to continue doing the 'work' even after sometime.

Being complacent is a recipe for disaster for me.

Going to go and catch up on the boards here. At least this is a safe place to fall and I still see many familiar names around.

Have a fabulous Saturday all. xo

Comment

Saturday the 14th Aug

mae everybody,i havent been around just sorting out my mess of a life,and yes i used stupid al to try and get through,at the end i realized why am i making myself sick for his dumbness,so i took a much needed day of r and r yesterday,no phones,no shower,didnt leave the house,only smoked 3 cigarettes all day,definitely no booze! i can see now what a mess it makes of our lives,thank you guys for all the support,have a good weekend
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Saturday the 14th Aug

AFM!
                  OMG - I was just thinking about you today. How is that possible???
                  Sorry to hear you drank but I am so glad to see you are otherwise OK
                  Stick around now, you know we rub off on one another :l

Pauly, glad you checked in as well. A day of R&R sounds good, useful!
                  You stick around as well, OK?

Did I go back to IKEA again today? YES I DID :H :H
                  Didn't even see a meatball Det!!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Saturday the 14th Aug

Hey, may I please jump on this thread for a sec?

AFME!! WOW! This is so unreal....just like Lav, I was just thinking about you TODAY!!! I know you went through hell with your breast cancer and the reason I thought of you is that I have a lovely pink knit cap that a dear woman here made for me in support of you....it's the one that says F^CK Cancer. It's getting cool here in Wisconsin and I will soon be wearing it.

Glad to see you back.:l

xoxox
                    Rusty from the September Monthly Abs Thread

Comment

Saturday the 14th Aug

live from Reno..... it's Saturday Night Sober!!!!!!!!

thanks for the start and the funnies Mick, always brings a smile to me.

TTops, yes being uber tired on top of sickly and beat from a big tradeshow undoubtedly contributed to my feeling especially vulnerable. I manage to 'fast forward' mentally what kind of shape I'd have been in if I caved in. thankfully it worked and I powered through.

AFM, so sorry to hear of your crash. and also so very glad you came back in to join our AF fun. complacency is one of my biggest foes to be sure. that's one of the things I like about AA meetings is that i get to rub shoulders with folks in all stages of recovery. helps me to keep things in perspective and fresh on my mind.

still tired and feeling puny here, but really glad to be home and taking it easy. I'm going to sleep in tomorrow for sure! my very favorite thing to do anymore is laying in bed with my dear Dx just talking about whatever is on our minds.

well, off to more relaxation

be well family
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Saturday the 14th Aug

ps... Rusty, great to see you!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X