Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily 19 Sep

:hallo:

Just had to pop in to pat myself on the back....so thought I'd start the thread (give TT a break)

The Board of Directors meet once a month and today was the day.
    They meet at 7am so the meeting is short as everyone has to get to work.
    (They used to meet at 7pm and Gord said they could last till midnight!) lol
    One of the Board Members came in around 4:30pm to do some photo copying and said to me...
    I just have to tell you that Gord gave you an excellent compliment at the meeting this morning.
    So I asked the Board Member what he said....

PQ is able to do anything. Give her a problem and she?ll find a solution.
    She is excellent with the public at the front counter. We are lucky to have her.

WOW

And just think...audit in full swing, budget approval next and raises retroactive to Sep 1st.
    Could be Nov before raises are given so I am on pins & needles.

Thinking of you all....stay POSITIVE....PPQP

AF Daily 19 Sep

I hope you'll keep popping in to let us know how you're doing, PPQP. We want to keep up with you. Glad that things are going well and that you are respected in your new job.
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Daily 19 Sep

Hello PQ, glad you could pop in. Glad your talents are recognized!
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

AF Daily 19 Sep

MAE everyone. Thanks PPQP for starting the thread as I am ultra busy the days and cos so much of it involves writing I can't be bothered posting. It's fantastico that you are doing so well in the new job and more so that you are being recognised for this. :goodjob: (the MWO approval!)

Hi there too Samstone I don't watch TV either but sometimes browse on the computer on You Tube when my brain has turned to mush from the 'serious' day job (that is often a night job since I don't have set work hours for all of my professional roles).

Pauly - now please take care and try to insulate yourself a bit from your family when it comes to it. Wear a MWO spacesuit - sort of like a body condom that AL can't get through. I know its not that easy but our thoughts are with you.

Mick - go on design this AF condom or better still make one, patent it and put it on e-bay. I am sure our collective skills can help out.
        SF - aren't you in advertising - maybe you can help with marketing
        Lav can get the Amish to manufacture it (will be a slow process) but we did say we would all help Pauly

Det can sell it on his travels and at his trade shows. Cindy - you looking for a job doing this?

See Rusty what a daft bunch we are but welcome here. Hi there to all others ( I can't scroll back so can't check the names today)
        Now I better shut up and get on with my work

Comment

AF Daily 19 Sep

Mae all how are you all?Well, PQ glad to see you ...and starting the thread too ..thought I had got the wrong thread this morning that many on it!!

Glad things are going well with you at work pq ...tho I am confused as to why you would have any sort of a meeting at the extremes of the day ..either 7am or 7pm...Still as long as you are enjoying it thats the main thing...heres a brew for your meeting.enjoy

Evening TT ..how are you?ok I hope tho you sound a wee bit tired cba syndrome!..No it isnt a condom thats needed ...all thats needed is a pair of mitts and sellotape....stage 1 is the mittens ..tied together and cannot grip..if that fails move on to stage 2 sellotape wrapped round the mouth...hey presto ...job done..ok you cant talk to people bu the upshot is you cant get stuck in those long boring conversations!!!

Morning Lav..how are you today? well did you make your soup? my favourite one to make is leek and lentil..however wen it is made ..by the time it goes from pot into containers for freezing it has somewhat reduced drastically.Going swimming first thing this morning so be gone from here at 8.30 ..put an hour in..get rid of the excess fruit!!!Just having a brew and me porridge ..want some? just read your last post from yesterday ...7am ..with 2 kids ...deep joy..one large coffee to go!!!

Morning Sam how are you today squire? ok I hope.. yep frost aint too far away ...yeuch need to get the plants sorted out.help yourself to a brew

Hiya Pauly .cant rally say a lot except ..stay strong ,you know where we are if you need any support, pm or otherwise it doesnt matter ..as you say lets get this shit over and crack on...thinking of you :l

Hiya Cinders ...how did your day go yesterday at the docs ..was it as bad as you thought it was going to be? hopefully not.mbh I like history too ..it fascinates me.

Morning accountable .hope you are feeling better..as you say it can be a lonely life as an alkie changing..thats why I feel that this forum is so important.I never went to any meetings or took any meds ,but I do realise that unless I had had (crap English!)a place to talk and discuss it all , I would never have done it.

Its quite amazing really ..suddenly people are waking up over here to the amount of resources that are ploughed into the drinking culture...so now we are talking about drunk tanks in the uk.Yet all the do gooders are against it..the argument is that once you take someone into custody or relieve them of their liberty ..you are responsible for them..agreed no problem with that.but that is the stumbling block ..no one can get past that hurdle ..looking after a drunk is labour intensive..is not looking after the mess that some drunken yob on Friday night the same ? whether it be the person who he /she has glassed , the property they have destroyed and the medical condition they themselves have got into? thats before we start talking about vehicular issues!!Yep I would work in one!!..really just an extension of my former life!!People need to wake up to this socially acceptable aura round alcohol..

...right soapbox away...

Hiya Rusty ...welcome to you any time..as Lav says no formal invitations required...slight amount of insanity does help tho!!

Morning SF ...how are you today? hows your work profile turning out still giving you lots of R and R?

Hi Yah ..how are you today? ok ? any plans for the day?

right peeps......... stime tugo off to the pool catch you all later

What does a hungry clock do

He goes back four seconds.

An Englishman, an Indian and an American...
          ...are in the hospital waiting room together, all three of their wives about to give birth (for free, viva la NHS). When the doctor comes out and says "I'm terribly sorry, but we've had a mix up and we don't know which baby is which.".
          As this is a joke, rather than immediately contacting their lawyers, they agreed amongst themselves that they'd go and see if they could tell, if they felt a special connection to one, for example.
          The Englishman entered the room first, as is his right, and was in there for 15 minutes, before emerging with what was, for various reasons, clearly the Indian man's son. The Indian pointed this out immediately and the Englishman replied "I know, but one of the others is American and I'm not taking the risk".

Feel free to insert other nationalities as fits your own nation's whipping boy.)

A farmer stopped by the local mechanics shop to have his truck fixed. They couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he didn't live far and would just walk home.
          On the way home he stopped at the hardware store and bought a bucket and a gallon of paint.
          He then stopped by the feed store and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose.
          However, struggling outside the store he now had a problem - how to carry his entire purchases home.
          While he was scratching his head he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was lost.
          She asked, 'Can you tell me how to get to 106 Rose Cottage Lane?'
          The farmer said, 'Well, as a matter of fact,my farm is very close to that house. I would walk you there but I can't carry this lot.'
          The old lady suggested, 'Why don't you put the can of paint in the bucket. Carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?'
          'Why thank you very much,' he said and proceeded to walk the old girl home.
          On the way he says 'Let's take my short cut and go down this alley. We'll be there in no time.'
          The little old lady looked him over cautiously then said, 'I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me..How do I know that when we get in the alley you won't hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and have your way with me?'
          The farmer said, 'Holy smokes lady! I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?'
          The old lady replied, 'Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the chickens.

And for educational purposes...

A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. Some paraprosdokians not only change the meaning of an early phrase, but they also play on the double meaning of a particular word, creating a form of syllepsis.
          Where there's a will ... I want to be in it.
          I like going to the park and watching the children run around ... because they don't know I'm using blanks. (Emo Philips)
          The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.
          You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing ... after they have tried everything else. (Winston Churchill)
          I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
          In filling out an application, where it says, 'In case of emergency, Notify:' ... I put 'DOCTOR'.
          If I am reading this graph correctly ... I'd be very surprised. (Stephen Colbert)
          You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
          I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat. (Will Rogers)
          Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
          I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. (Groucho Marx)
          You're never too old to learn ...something stupid.

Why does the Ariel from the Little Mermaid wear seashells?
          Because the B-shells won't fit.

A soldier asks his sergeant if he can have a couple of days off because he's going to become a father. 'Very well, you can have three days off' the sergeant says. After three days the soldier is back and the sergeant asks him what the name of the kid is. 'No idea' the soldier responds 'but I will tell you in nine months'.

Two elderly residents, one male and one female, were sitting alone in the lobby of their nursing home one evening.
          The old man looked over and said to the old lady, "I know just what you're wanting, and for hundred bucks I'll have sex with you right over there in that rocking chair."
          The old lady looked surprised, but didn't say a word.
          The old man continued, "For 300 bucks I'll do it with you on that nice soft sofa over there, but for 500 bucks I'll take you back to my room, light some candles, and give you the most romantic evening you've ever had in your life."
          The old lady still says nothing, but after a couple minutes, starts digging down in her purse. She pulls out a wrinkled 500 note and holds it up.
          "So you want the nice romantic evening in my room," says the old man.
          "Get serious," she replies. "I want it five times in the rocking chair!"

f it's too cold in a room...

Go to the corner, it's 90 degrees!

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Daily 19 Sep

Drunk tanks proposal in the UK

BBC News - Acpo issues 'drunk tanks' call to tackle disorder

we don't have them here in my country (but I bet we will if the UK goes ahead)

Comment

AF Daily 19 Sep

Just back from the pool 85 lengths non stop ..wow felt that!!!Earlier on I was talking about the attitude to al needing to change...look at this

Go Sober 2013
              Go Sober 2013

I have got nothing but respect for McMillan nurses..I definitely dont think I would have the courage to do it...but to use booze to raise funding??
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Daily 19 Sep

Good mid-morning Abbers!

Only two hours on grandson watch this morning & frankly, that was enough :H
                I'm sporting the head cold all the kids are passing around, yay.

PQ, great news, I'm happy that your employers recognize your hard work. Good for you

Greetings YahYah & yes, we probably are close in age. I'm not exactly thrilled at turning six-oh in December but that's the truth I know you are younger than this old bag of bones :H

Greetings TT, Sam, SF & everyone!

Mick, I had a super-sized coffee to get me going this morning!!!
                I heard the BBC report about the drunk tanks on the radio yesterday. Sounds like it's going to be costly for the individual but maybe it will make people wake up! I didn't hear how that was going to be enforced though, interesting

I don't begin to know how I would explain a body sized condom to the Amish TT - maybe a drawing? :H

Throat is sore, sneezing, coughing & nose running. Yeah, I'm taking a nap.
                Have a great AF Thursday everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X