Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day 22 September

Gidday abster busters:welcome:
    yes its Sunday already in the South Pole - this sober bunny didnt sleep too well and I know why - I stayed up too late reading on my IPad and I over-tired myself. Plan today is to go for a walk after breakfast.

Yes, Lav and Mick, Yah Yah (who else is in their late 50s?) - us fifty fabbies of the world will show em that the sober sixties are so cool and confusing (to others that is) cos we will be physically, mentally and spiritually (oops wrong word choice:H) better than ever. you younger ones have a head start on us in the sober stakes - so its even going to be even cooler when you age with sobriety.

Mick - ahem a kitchen. I know all about that. Thats why I am still working hard (paying the $$$$).

Sam - your Viginie weekend sounds fun and good on you for passing by the booze table. Yes, the twinges can still be there after a truckload of sobriety although touch wood I am not feeling any pull at the moment.

Pauly - hope you day at work was not too exhausting - well I know it was/is cos I had my hair done on Friday and I could see how hard they work in the salon. The hours are so long, standing up all day and then there are the clients, the bosses - and the lousy pay. Hope you place treats you well. I had a hairdresser for years who was like my psychiatrist - then he retired! Damn. He was also a great cutter.

SF, Cinders, Det, all the rest of the gang and lurkers too - have a great rest of your weekend and I might pop in later

af day 22 September

not going to have a chance in the morning ..so Iwill post now...getting picked up at 5.20am...and guess what its through choice too!Yeh the fabbie fifties rool...have a great weekend
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day 22 September

DOWNTON ABBEY STARTS TONIGHT AGAIN ...YEEEEESSSSSS!!!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day 22 September

Hi Guys,

Im back, and doing the 30 days (again) .

Comment

af day 22 September

Welcome Daya. We take our abstinence pretty seriously on this thread and will support you in being AF.
          Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?

If you are starting out on being sober you also might find it helpful to be on the Newbies thread. Good luck

Comment

af day 22 September

morning all ...its 415 am ....and all the sane people in this part of the world are sleeping!!!

Comment

af day 22 September

Good morning Abbers,

It's a sane 7:36 am here Mick, I made my own coffee
              Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Greetings TT!
              Good sleep at this age seems to be a rare thing. I honestly would feel so much smarter than I do if I could just get some decent sleep :H

Greetings Daya from the land of serious sobriety! Hope you have gotten a strong plan together for yourself. I believe we need to plan to succeed

I have grandsons coming for lunch & not a whole lot of food in the house - better get to the store!
              Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day 22 September

How do all
                boy it put down some rain yesterday, our music thing was pretty much a wash but we played for about 4 hours under my pop-up. I felt for the vendors as they waited for people who did not show b/c of rain. The 4 of us had something to do... play tunes and catch up. Some of us don't see each other for awhile. Anyway, we actually needed the rain, even though it's been a wet summer.

Mornin to you Mick, what is the downtown abbey?
                How's it going TT? That sleep thing is always important. For me it usually too much coffee, I seem to drink it too late in the afternoon and I'm wired in the evening.
                Lav, hope you didn't wash away yesterday.
                SF, YahYah, Det, hope you all are doing well.
                Daya, welcome. hope/glad you're committed to the long term.

type at you all later
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af day 22 September

mae everybody,sheesh i took a shower this morning and usually i like to go outside on the back patio to let it dry a little,not today! fall is officially here and i can feel it burr,however im a wimp after living here since'99 so anything under 90 feels cold haha,work was actually kinda slow yesterday tt,not what i need at the moment,better to be busy and keep my mind off stuff ya know?i still had to come home and take a nap though,hubs has a bad cold and he's been keeping me up at nite with the coughing grrr,still being strong on the af front,and that makes meeverybody have a great sunday
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day 22 September

Hey TT
                    I'm part of that 50's crowd. 58 this June. Guess it's time for me to grow up....... NAH!
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                    X