af Saturday 28 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Saturday 28 September

MAE absteroos. Here we are on holiday in the mountains and lakes. Very beautiful but our arrival last night was a nightmare ? the rental agency gave us the wrong address for the cottage we had rented and we spent 3 hours in the dark looking for it ? ended up staying somewhere else ? very little sleep. Still I had a lovely walk today and I am sure after a proper night?s kip and some more fresh air all will be well. Daughter has a friend with her so she is happy.

SF ? sorry you were ill. Oh dear, the AL is ?in your face? thing. I went through hating that too ? but now I prefer to try to be indifferent. I figure that I live in a society where it will be around - but there are lots of things that irritate me. I used to really hate seeing people stuffing their faces with food ? but what?s the point of getting upset about that. This doesn?t mean that I don?t support healthy options ? but this can be such a moving feast (pun time).

Mick ? so I am glad you enjoyed your pig-out with your old mate. Sounds like all the swimming will burn off any excess there!

Hi there Chrysa ? will be seeing more of you.

Pauly and Det - I have yet to drop my phone down the toilet ? umm I don?t want to go there actually. Hope you are rested Det and that you too get some extra rest this weekend Pauly.

Lav andYah ? enjoy your respective outings and visiting family.

Sam ? I think you would like the neck of the woods I am in at the moment. Its very typical touristic New Zealand. The mountains are covered in snow ? although we are not going into the snowline.

OK folks ? I will be transmitting at odd times ? for the next 5 days. You all have a great sober weekend

af Saturday 28 September

MAE all well here we are again..tis the weekend..a very blowy but dry one this side of the pond and there is a yellowish tinge in the sky...think its been called sunshine or something in the past ...out early doors tomorrow..and also Monday so wont be posting early ...I always say that but do tend to stick me nose in afore I go out .Mending plastic fencing that I put up to keep the rabbits out ..ha that worked ..as you will see!!

ok on with the show...tea n coffee available for the needy ..def me!!!Was just thinking to myself (steady!!),next Friday 4th (Lav check the date you know me!!)its a year and a quarter since I had al.....tho I dont think of time passed much now, Im quite pleased with me little self.
    Enough burbling lets go.

Evenin tt how are you doing? getting some well earned stress relief?Camera ..piccies? clues in there for you Enjoy

Yo Sam how are you doing?the do I reckon..your weekend sound pretty good to me mate..mine is ..in about an hour going down to buy a router n table..bargain ?50..getting all the kit together for when I take on doing the kitchen makeover next year, then into the garden for a couple of hours ..start emptying greenhouse out, then getting my kit ready for tomorrow,go for a wee run.Tomorrow out from early oclock..cant really say what it is ..kept that guessing game going for a year now!!but I reckon you would be interested.then Monday more of Sunday if that makes sense

Hiya Lav..how are you today ?Madam magician and the disappearing chicken!!.Coffee for you? I am on number 2 now..while since you have been to your other house..time you had a visit!!

Hiya Pauly ..just as well you werent playing cards ..a royal flush ..ok ok crap jokes.com!!how are you?you bearing up and doin the do as Sam says?good on you girl

Hi Yah .how are you ..apart from drowning in paperwork ? so the new tenants want to know when all the jobs are going to be done and want a dog? why ..is the dog gonna fix them earlier?as for the facts ..more to follow!!

Hiya Det ..hows you today matey ..should be much chirpier now you are home!!that work shop sounds fun and interesting seriously.Any plans for the weekend? any jaunts into the way beyond planned?

Hiya Chrysa ..how are you? big welcome to you?you got a story to tell ? no matter if you dont..it just helps others be aware not to get complacent and that time can heal but you cannot ever let your guard down ..yep we are all mad here certainly genius dont figure into it ..but like a laugh tho serious about al and its effects.We aint on a crusade..just trying to payback some of the help we have been given over our time so jump in..nice avatar btw.

Hiya SF....how are you? nah you are normal they arent ..you can actually run your life without dependancy..can they?As for the guy with the flask ...big deal we have all done crappy stunts like that..did he drive home as a responsible adult ..complete with child in the car?Its too easy to stand back and critiscise ..we have all been there sh.t it shot it seen the movie got the t shirt etc..but quitting al makes you more aware.
    Ouch ..just fell off me soapbox!!!what plans for the weekend?have a good one.

Det read your last post there ....walking in parallel is better than staggering in unison!!

right peeps time to go take care n have a good one

Quick ..you go first!!

Hey its alright in here

Im starving ..these plants are ace

I can hear summat ..think he is coming!!

9/if33.jpg" alt="" />

Shit !here he is ..make like a stone!!

The original story from "Tales of 1001 Arabian Nights" begins, "Aladdin was a little Chinese boy."
    Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
    Honey is the only natural food that is made without destroying any kind of life. What about milk you say? A cow has to eat grass to produce milk and grass is living.
    The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
    Michael Jordan makes more money from NIKE annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
    The volume of the Earth's moon is the same as the volume of the Pacific Ocean.
    Cephalacaudal recapitulation is the reason our extremities develop Faster than the rest of us.
    Spiral staircases in medieval castles are running clockwise. This is because all knights used to be right-handed. When the intruding army would climb the stairs they would not be able to use their right hand which was holding the sword because of the difficulties of climbing the stairs. Left-handed knights would have had no troubles, except left-handed people could never become knights because it was assumed that they were descendants of the devil.
    Ham radio operators got the term "ham" coined from the expression "ham fisted operators," a term used to describe early radio users who sent Morse code (i.e., pounded their fist).
    The slogan on New Hampshire license plates is "Live Free or Die." These license plates are manufactured by prisoners in the state prison in Concord.
    Chinese Crested dogs can get acne.
    Hydrogen gas is the least dense substance in the world, at 0.08988g/cc. Hydrogen solid is the most dense substance in the world, at 70.6g/cc.
    Each year there is one ton of cement poured for each man woman and child in the world.
    The house fly hums in the middle octave key of F.
    The only capital letter in the Roman alphabet with exactly one end point is P.
    The giant red star Betelgeuse has a diameter larger than that of the Earth's orbit around the sun.
    The longest place name still in use is: Taumatawhakatangihangaoauauotam-eteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokai-whenu a kitanatahu - a New Zealand hill.
    Only 1 in 2,000,000,000 will live to be 116 or older.
    According to Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, it is possible to go slower than light and faster than light, but it is impossible to go the speed of light. Also, there is a particle called tackyon which is supposed to go faster than light. This means if you fire a tackyon beam, it travels before you fire it.
    When you tie a noose, the rope is wrapped twelve times around because it's the same length as a persons head.
    Hummingbirds are the only animal that can fly backwards.
    A cat's jaw cannot move sideways.
    The sentence, "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog," uses every letter in the alphabet.
    Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
    The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
    The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the "American Pie" (Thus the name of the Don McLean song).
    When opossums are playing 'possum, they are not "playing." They actually pass out from sheer terror.
    The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
    111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
    If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
    Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down - hence the expression "to get fired."
    The term "the whole 9 yards" came from WWII fighter pilots in the Pacific. When arming their airplanes on the ground, the .50 caliber machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet, before being loaded into the fuselage. If the pilots fired all their ammo at a target, it got "the whole 9 yards."
    Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.
    The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
    The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.
    The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
    The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan."
    In Cleveland, Ohio, it's illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
    It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of footballs.
    Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
    There are an average of 178 sesame seeds on a McDonald's Big Mac bun.
    The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1.
    Pound for pound, hamburgers cost more than new cars.
    The 3 most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
    When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25 miles per year.
    Elephants can't jump. Every other mammal can.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Saturday 28 September

I don't think my post came across as it was meant. AL in my face wasn't the issue. It was the childlike behavior surrounded by it. Competition of who had more.....and then....can I come play with your new toy. I always felt my relationship was distorted with alcohol, its really society as a whole. I think its odd.....when every other drug is looked down upon. Nobody seems to make the correlation....which I think makes this drug one of the hardest to stop.

I never did drink and drive with my kids in the car. Actually, I never drove after drinking after the age of 22. But, the dad in this case did brag that he was able to walk home. Maybe he had more than one flask

Comment

af Saturday 28 September

Good morning Abbers

The su has just arrived here, looking forward to a nice weather day!

TT, I sure hope you enjoy your vacation! Glad the rocky start didn't throw you off track too much

Mick, your white bunny is very photogenic, the other seems a bit bored with the camera? :H
        You are a busy guy & apparently quite useful around the house & yard - good job!
        If you ever run out of chores just let me know. I have a list that would keep you busy for a year :H

SF, I totally understand your feelings about the public's perception of AL. It seems that most adults retain their high school mentality about drinking. Kind of pathetic I think! I see the same things on FB from my friends who are all pushing 60 or older!!! Enough is enough!

Well, I am heading out soon for my exciting day - it is what it is I guess :H
        Wishing a great AF Saturday to one & all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Saturday 28 September

Morning all
          Mick, I'm glad that elephants can't jump, probably would shift the polar axis or something... your rabbits are different breeds? Just looking at the ears. Wow, sounds as if you really are doing the do.

TT, have a great vacation. It does sound like a place I'd like. From what I've seen on line, New Zealand looks beautiful.
          Your story kinda reminds me of a time my son and I (he was about 8 years old) got a motel room, the clerk gave us a swipe card to get into the room and there was a couple already in there asleep!! Quite embarrassing.

Lav, I'd say Mick's rabbit looks a bit stoic. Hope you enjoy your day, a bit cloudy here but suppose to burn off.

SF, that does sound kinda like jr high or something. And after awhile what's the prize for winning? But it also is a world that has been accepted through the ages, except for prohibition. I don't want to be that extreme either.

off to get myself going....hmm... maybe another cup of Joe.....
          hello to Det, YahYah, Chrysa, Pauly.
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Saturday 28 September

quick jump in ..its 4am ...am I mad or what? hope everyone has a great day...

The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp (marijuana) paper.

Michigan was the first state to have roadside picnic tables.

$283,200 is the absolute highest amount of money you can win on Jeopardy.

Most lipstick contains fish scales.

Possums have one of the shortest pregnancies at 16 days. The shortest human pregnancy to produce a healthy baby was 22 weeks, 6 days ? the baby was the length of a ballpoint pen.

Frog-eating bats identify edible from poisonous frogs by listening to the mating calls of male frogs. Frogs counter by hiding and using short, difficult to locate calls.

Broccoli and cauliflower are the only vegetables that are flowers.

A Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother?s first flight.

Dogs and cats consume over $11 billion worth of pet food a year

Jim Morrison, of the 60′s rock group The Doors, was the first rock star to be arrested on stage.

You share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world.

In a tradition dating to the begining of the Westminster system of government, the bench in the middle of a Westminster parliarment is two and a half sword lengths long. This was so the government and oppositon couldn?t have a go at each other if it all got a bit hea

If you attempted to count the stars in a galaxy at a rate of one every second it would take around 3,000 years to count them all.

In the last 4000 years no new animals have been domesticated.

Hannibal had only one eye after getting a disease while attacking Rome.

An ostrich?s eye is bigger than its brain.

The human heart creates enough pressure in the bloodstream to squirt blood 30 feet.

In Italy, 17 is considered an unlucky number. In Japan, 4 is considered an unlucky number.

The world?s longest snake (by reliable documentation) is the reticulated python, with a maximum length of, perhaps, 30 feet.

Ramses brand condom is named after the great pharaoh Ramses II who fathered over 160 children.

In the United States, more Frisbee discs are sold each year than baseballs, basketballs, and footballs combined.

So aliens from Mars comes down to Earth..
            ...And they're friendly! The leaders of the world and the aliens plan a huge televised event where the leaders can ask questions on whatever they want.
            During this event, the pope is up to talk to the aliens.
            "I know this question may sound odd to you gentlemen," the pope starts to ask, "but I was wondering if you and your kind knew about Jesus Christ?"
            "Jesus Christ?!?" the alien leader exclaims, "how do we not! He swings by our planet every two years or so. Awesome guy!"
            Now this obviously starts a huge debate within the UN, as this information now has implications to everything they knew. The pope, however, is not exactly a happy person as his brain is on other information.
            "EVERY TWO YEARS OR SO?!?" The pope exclaims, "We've still been waiting for his SECOND coming!"
            Trying to calm down the pope, the aliens say "Well maybe he didn't like your chocolate."
            The pope, upon hearing this news, takes a few moments to calm down. When he finally regains his composure, he states calmly, "Forgive me, but what does chocolate have anything to do with this?"
            The aliens respond, "Well when he was on our planet, we would give him huge boxes of chocolates. Why, what did you guys do when he was here?"

Little Johnny lives with his mother on a farm, one day he comes running in and screams: "Mommy, Mommy, the Ox is f.cking the Cow". His Mother slaps him hard and says: "We don't use language like that in this house, the next time it happens, say 'The Ox is surprising the Cow'". Rubbing his cheek, Little Johnny walks away. A couple days go by and Little Johnny runs in again, screaming "Mommy, Mommy, the Ox is surprising all the Cows!", his Mother turns around and says "That's not possible, he can't be surprising all the cows at once" Little Johnny says: "Yes he can, because he's f.cking the horse!

One would dig a hole, the other would follow behind him and fill it in. They worked furiously all day without rest, one guy digging a hole, the other guy filling it in again.
            An onlooker was amazed at their hard work, but couldn't understand what they were doing. So he asked the hole digger, "I appreciate the effort you're putting into your work, but what's the story? You dig a hole and your partner follows behind and fills it up again.
            The hole digger wiped his brow and sighed, "Well, normally we're a three-man team, but the bloke who plants the trees is sick today."

A Man visits Heaven and notices a wall of clocks...
            The man asks God, "What are all those clocks for?"
            "They represent each time someone lies. When they do, the clock moves one tick."
            The man walks around, observing the clocks. "Who right here has zero ticks?" he questions.
            "That would be Jesus' clock." replies God.
            "What about Abraham Lincoln's clock?"
            "Honest Abe has two ticks on his."
            Curious about the clocks, the man decides to ask, "Where is the President's clock?"
            God looks up at the man and tells him, "Oh, that clock's not here. It's in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan."

The pharmacist walks into the store to find a guy leaning heavily against a wall.
            He asks the clerk:
            "What's with that guy over there by the wall?"
            The clerk responds: "Well, he came in here this morning to get something for his cough. I couldn't find the cough syrup, so I gave him a bottle of laxative."
            The pharmacist said:
            "You can't treat a cough with a laxative!"
            The clerk responded, "Of course you can! Look at him, he's afraid to cough!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
            X