af Tuesday 1 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Tuesday 1 October

MAE human beings! 1 October already. Eeks.
    Hopefully will be posting more when I return to base. We drive back tomorrow. Its been a wonderful break. Yesterday did a tough-ish 4 hour hike to a glacier. Its so great to get away from paperwork and housework and stuff. The girls have been great. Partner too! When we returned last night to the cottage there was a bottle of pinot noir on the table ? as compensation for the muck-up the rental agency made. I would have rather had the money but they did apologise and pay for the accommodation in the other place on our first night. Wine was of no interest to me or partner and it will probably end up as a gift.

Det ? that was a very sad Halloween memory. But here?s a lighter side ? its my partner?s birthday ? and this year he will be 50. I can?t think of any ideas for a present/surprise. Thank goodness the last thing he wants is a party. This month is also 20 years of me and him being a couple. Hmmm????? Do I deserve a medal ? like they give to old veterans?

Sam ? I am with you on treating the animals with care and also yourself with care on the farm. The contraption thing you posted looks very good. But I can see that there?s lots of frustration on the farm too. As I have said before ? my sister is a farmer.

Hi there Lav ? thanks for starting the thread. Siblings ? oh yes ? this seems to be a universal minefield all over the world. I have seen so many people in tears, seen so much anger ? between siblings ? and I am not talking about my own. My daughter is an only child and for some strange reason she does not seem to mind having no siblings. But I do know siblings who really get along with each other and even take pleasant holidays together.

Pauly ? big hugs for staying sober during the weekend when you put granma?s ashes to rest. You can do this and you are doing this.

YahYah ? hope your week goes well. I know all about paperwork. Guess what is waiting for me after this holiday?:H

Gidday also to you SF. Also to all others (who have I missed? Where is Cinders? She was posting so regularly before). Hi there Brydie and others who pop in to our thread from time to time.

Hellz bells ? I missed offering some tea or coffee to Mick! How are you mate? What are you up to this week? It must be getting cooler in the North Pole. Is that possible? No wonder you people terrorised and settled elsewhere (hang on - that includes my ancestors as well)

Here is to a sober and wonderful October - whether in the North Pole, South Pole or in the deserts in between like where Pauly and Det live.

af Tuesday 1 October

Sober October for me also, i want to make it to 60 days please and thank you.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

af Tuesday 1 October

mae everyone ...how r yizall?? Was out early yesterday....same again today...thats 3 jaunts out one after tha other ..not the same tho connected in a roundabout way....and yes Lav they are legal...wouldnt be too clever getting locked up in one of my old haunts!!

Tea and coffee on the go at this very momento for you all.

Morning TT ..glad you are enjoying your break sound really good ..and yes the arctic winds are starting to blow here.sheeeit....forgot to say "whit rabbits" this morning ..oh well the fact that I have got one helps.
      You are 1 year ahead of me....Julie has had the pleasure of my company 19 years this month..I can remember that easy enough but I struggle to remember the number of years married next month...think its 3..certainly cant ask her ...toys would defo be chucked out the pram !Anyway n joy the rest of your time orf and have a good one.

Available ...welcome to you..how are you ?see you are from standing on your head land like the lady before ye..but tell us a wee bit about yourself.Me Im Scottish ..living in England ..was sent over Hadrians wall as a missionary to teach the English masses...but ended up marrying one of their women and nicking a lump of their land!!!:H anyway we are all mad here so dont be shy..stick with us ..you will do your 60 ..all the support you need is here.

Morning Lav//how are you today? moving any faster than yesterday morning?How did grandson watching go ?ok I hope.Thomas the tank get wheeled out?

Hiya Sam ...hows you this fine day? still aching?Nah you aint gettin old its you body and brain having a discussion as to who is the toughest!!!!

Hi Yah ...hows you ? see you got your wish then ..Saints beat the Dolphins 38-17...A paperwork day ...deep joy .Glad you like the facts ..see if I can get some more for you.

Morning Det ..how are you? ok I hope ..bit busy tho not too busy to whizz out your culinary tips ..godd on you ..have a great day.

Hiya Pauly...know that feeling..my post disappeared too yesterday.Glad you are doin ok :l

Right peeps nearly Russian time so Moscow..take care have a good one

and for those having a bad day at work ....

A man goes to the doctor and tells him that he has a bright orange penis. The doctor takes a look and sure enough, the man's penis is bright orange.
      The doctor asks the man about his daily habits to see if he could get a clue about the cause of the malady.
      The man says "My day is pretty normal. I get up in the morning and go to work. My work is at a desk in an office so I dont come into contact with any strange chemicals. I come home after work, make my self dinner, watch a little TV then get ready for bed."
      The doctor asks "Do you do anything before bed?"
      The man says "Nothing unusual, I just eat cheetos and surf the web"

When Forest Gump died, he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter said, "Welcome, Forest. We've heard a lot about you." He continued, "Unfortunately, it's getting pretty crowded up here and we find that we now have to give people an entrance examination before we let them in."
      "Okay," said Forest. "I hope it's not too hard. I've already been through a test. My momma used to say, 'Life is like a final exam. It's hard.' "
      "Yes, Forest, I know. But this test is only three questions. Here they are."
      1) Which two days of the week begin with the letter 'T'?"
      2) How many seconds are in a year?
      3) What is God's first name?
      "Well, sir," said Forest, "The first one is easy. Which two days of the week begin with the letter 'T'? Today and Tomorrow."
      St. Peter looked surprised and said, "Well, that wasn't the answer I was looking for, but you have a point. I give you credit for that answer."
      "The next question," said Forest, "How many seconds are in a year? Twelve."
      "Twelve?" said St. Peter, surprised and confused.
      "Yes, sir. January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd ?"
      St. Peter interrupted him. "I see what you mean. I'll have to give you credit for that one, too."
      "And the last question," said Forest, "What is God's first name? It's Andy."
      "Andy?" said St. Peter, in shock. "How did you come up with 'Andy'?"
      "I learned it in church. We used to sing about it." Forest broke into song, "Andy walks with me, Andy talks with me, Andy tells me I am His own."
      St. Peter opened the gate to heaven and said, "Run, Forest, Run!"

What did the farmer say after he fed his cows pot?

"the Steaks are high."

between 1902 and 1907 the same tiger killed 436 people in India.

Many butterflies can taste with their feet to find out whether the leaf they sit on is good to lay eggs on to be their caterpillars? food or not.

The human brain is about 75% water.

A group of kangaroos is called a mob.

Ever wonder where the term Work Smarter?Not Harder originated? Allan F. Mogensen, the creator of Work Simplification, coined the phrase in the 1930′s. The 1990′s equivalent term is probably Business Process Reengineering.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Tuesday 1 October

Good morning Abbers, Happy October 1

Nice & cool this morning but sunny ~ perfect!
        This truly is my favorite time of the year (excepts for the hay fever :H)
        The farmers around here have been cutting their hay & corn fields so the allergens are flying.

TT, hiking to a glacier sounds awesome, hope you can share a picture or two!

Nice to see you here in the land of serious sober nutcases available
        Stick around, helps keep your focus!

Greetings Mick, glad to hear you didn't get locked up for any illegal activities yesterday :H
        My grandsons were pretty much a giant pain in the butt last evening. I think they were both over tired & both were in tears when they left to go home.
        Love your pictures this morning!!

Greetings to everyone, sending wishes for a great AF Tuesday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Tuesday 1 October

MAE all!

Not much happening here. I have an easier week, so I'm getting caught up with some stuff, which is helpful and makes life feel not quite so chaotic.

TT, it is so good to see you back starting the thread. I would imagine it doesn't feel quite so good for you, though! Happy 20 years together, and I hope you think of a good surprise for your partner's 50th. Good on you for your hike to the glacier.

I love you pix, Mick. I did have to check out the upside down of Angelina, and I was very surprised. LOL That was a good one! Is there a sneaky way you can find out how long you've been married? Elsewise you'll be sprayed with some of that anti-wanker spray.

Welcome, available. I hope you'll enjoy our crazy little crew. We have a good time here in absland.

Morning, Lav. I hope you have a great day. I hope you post a few picks of the chickies when they are more feathered out. Enjoy the sunshine.

Anyway, I have all the sweet potatoes from my garden out to "cure". A few of them have been gnawed on by some mice, but I'll just cut those pieces out. They still taste good, as I made some roasted veggies last night. LOL

Have a good AF day, all!

Where is Cinders? I'm starting to worry!

:l
          YahYah
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Tuesday 1 October

evening everyone - I'm doing sober October being sponsored for Macmillan so plan to use it to get me through the first month and then keep on keeping on.

TT- your trip sounds amazing

Mick - your rabbits are amazingly cute

Lav good to see you as usual - at least it was grandsons crying and not you

Pauly - you are doing really well at a really tough time.

yahyah - great to see you,

I am feeling focused - this is my day 10 but day 1 of being sponsored. I have been feeling anxious but have started planning my days more, cutting down on caffeine and have begun exercising again. I am off for a beach holiday in November so planning to hit gym and eat well before then.

Just had leftover roast dinner with lots of veggies fried in a pan with gravy - lush.Roasting old peaches in oven atm for peach and cinnamon crumble to eat with greek yogurt.THIS makes me happy.Tomorrow I will make pasta and cauliflower with cheese and mushroom sauce - trying to max my fruit and veg in whatever I eat and eat less carbs. Otherwise lazy evening with TV, cats and pyjamas - maybe a hot bath and packing bag for gym trip/shower before work tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.
            one day at a time

Comment

af Tuesday 1 October

Hidy ho ABerooooos!

TTOps, thank you for the lovely kickstart and mega kudos on 20 years with your partner! that's really something especially by todays standards. and yes you DO win an award. the coveted Triple Garlic Prize!!!

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=130 2&bih=600&q=garlic+award&oq=garlic+award&gs_l=img. 3..0i24.3750.7122.0.7452.12.8.0.4.4.0.165.924.3j5. 8.0....0...1ac.1.27.img..0.12.932.neXmI2WPlIw#facr c=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=mkWZE2lJq5zAgM%3A%3Bv1hlLakkyJG 6wM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.garysgarlic.com%252Fw p-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F09%252FGarys-Award-Winning-Garlic.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.garysgarlic.co m%252F%3B1600%3B1068

Bear, you sound really good! glad to hear you have a sponsor and eating well and exercise.

hope all the abbers are doing well and come visit soon.

be well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Tuesday 1 October

Mae everyone, not much going on here either glad for a new month gotta put my Halloween decks up, bear I'm happy to see you back here take care everybody
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Tuesday 1 October

How do all
                  a late check in. Pretty day, lots of things got done. Got my bull today, he seems to be enjoying himself. Sold my dad's old truck that's been sitting in the barn for about 15-20 years. Hard to believe that he passed 10 years ago Oct 17th. I don't think he'd be too upset, been sitting so long. Anyway the guy that bought said lets drink a beer to the deal, which I had to say thanks but no. Awkward moment that soon passed.

Yeah Mick, still sore. I finished tagging and castrating last night, and getting all my young heifers I'm keeping away from the bull.

TT, I do remember you saying your sister has a farm, what kind of stock do they have?
                  Glaciers are very interesting to see.Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable day.
                  Sam
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                  X