Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 13 October

MAE Roosters!

Its mid afternoon here with another sunny day. I have been busy with housework and my professional work ? but did have a lovely walk by the sea this morning. It was fantastic.

Pauly ?its not just the caffeine ? but the sugar (as you know!) that will have done you in. Take it easy ? as you are still a fragile soul and you don?t want to jeopardise the progress you have made in being sober. I know you can?t take it easy with obligations ? and baby/children have their own ?usually demanding ("I will drain the life force from you?)":dragon1: agenda.
    Words of wisdom from the mother who gets anxious about her teenager?s wellbeing and happiness. But I made cake and cookies this weekend (sugar sugar sugar) to treat her as she works away at this damned assignment.

Also good advice from Lav ? she knows ? been there and done it. I see you ladies do drink tea ? esp green tea. My daughter drinks this too.

Yah ? how did the email to your sister go? Sounds very exhausting and sad, and emotional. I just hope it helps you deal with the dynamics. Note that I was cautious not to inject any political bias into mentioning that well known sector of the Republicans that has the name of a popular beverage (very political beverage of course in US colonial history!)

Mick ? hope your day of jaunting goes well. What time do you go to bed as you have been getting up early lately? Is the early rising bothering you and are you feeling tired during the day? You look after yourself mate.

SF ? good on you for enjoying the party and it does get easier doesn't it? I have a dinner this week where no doubt wine will be served but it will not bother me. The last time I was at this restaurant I got plastered and I really really felt sick with embarrassment the next day. That was one of my aha moments.

Det ? hope you are OK with working this weekend and you too look after yourself in your demanding job.

Bear ? how did the Spa Day go? Glowing and relaxed?

Hi there Sam ? I see you are giving support on some of the other threads ? this is great. Some of us don't have much time to do this but we do what and when we can - and you are a busy man as well.

AFM ? how was your Saturday?

You all enjoy Sunday ? so much that we can do on Sundays when we are sober ?or we can - if able to that is - just blob out and recover from our full-on weeks. No harm is doing that.

af Sunday 13 October

Yoohoo tt...here I am...morning everyone ..tis now as I type 5.15 am..its dark cold and raining outside....am I mad?could still be lying in me pit all cooried up nice and warm!my choice.Next week Iam out early doors too..apart from Wednesday..so enough blurb how are we all today?ok I hope.

Tea n coffee on the go here ...aint twinings tho ......actually Ido havesome in the cupboard ...liquorice tea!

Mornin? tt ...how are you? walk by the sea..thats the one thing I miss ..the sea cant complain tho with what I do have..strange really love the sea,all my relatives were in the Navy..so I joined the army...obviously a duh moment in my life!!you have a great day/evening

Morning SF....well done you ..isnt it a great feeling not to have to think..what are people going to say when they find out I dont drink ...what excuses can I make etc ..you have had the blinding moment ..when actually I dont give a rats ass what they think, I remember it .I also remember feeling proud that I did it .and also the number of people that say they wish they could do it and all that malarkey!!..as for thechildbirth comparison ...Ill pass on that one!!!

Morning bear ...well done ..another odat ..excellent..just be a wee bit careful that you dont just try to do it all at once ...booze fags food ..thats when the body says sod this for a laugh..odat + otat ..one thing at a time!!well done

Morning Lav..how are you today? large coffee for you?Some stink bugs still left ..get a shotgun and blast them ..make a mess of the walls etc ...but hey good fun!!!any plans for today?

Hiya YAH...wow hows you today?

To bring you cheer ,
    Now I am here,
    Hope you feel better
    ,after writing your letter
    Always remember how it ends...
    You cant choose family.....
    Just your friends.

You have a good one ..chin up!

Hiya Pauly ..you doin ok?nice one ,good for you

right gottabe going ..see yawl later

School exam answers...some of these are brill .better than the real answers!!

"Monotony means being married to the same person for all your life."

Use the word "judicious" in a sentence to show you understand its meaning - Hands that judicious can be as soft as your face...

How important are elections to a democratic society? - Sex can only happen when a male gets an election

What is Britain's highest award for valour in war?
    Nelson's Column

What's a Hindu?
    It lays eggs

Name the four seasons
    Salt, mustard, pepper, vinegar

What changes happen to your body as you age?
    When you get old, so do your bowels and you get inter-continental

What guarantees may a mortgage company insist on? They'll insist you're well endowed if you're buying a house

What is a co-operative? It's a kind of shop that is not as dear as places like Marks and Spencer

What is artificial respiration commonly known as?
    The Kiss of Death

What are steroids?
    Things for keeping the carpet on the stairs

What is a common treatment for a badly bleeding nose? Circumcision

"I've said goodbye to my boyhood, now I'm looking forward to my adultery."

"I always know when its time to get up when I hear my mother sharpening the toast."

"Christians go on pilgrimage to Lord's."
    >"A major disease associated with smoking is premature death."

"The equator is a menagerie lion running around the earth through Africa."

"Artificial insemination is when the farmer does it to the cow instead of the bull."

"Cows produce large amounts of methane, so the problem could be solved by fitting them with catalytic converters."

"The process of flirtation makes water safe to drink because it removes large pollutants like grit, sand, dead sheep and canoeists."

"The moon is a planet just like the earth, only it is even deader"

"Dew is formed on leaves when the sun shines down on them and makes them perspire."

"A super-saturated solution is one that holds more than it can hold."

"Mushrooms always grow in damp places and so they look like umbrellas."

"The body consists of three parts - the brainium, the borax and the abominable cavity. The brainium contains the brain, the borax contains
    the heart and lungs, and the abominable cavity contains the bowels, of which there are five - a, e, i, o and u."

"Momentum: What you give a person when they are going away."

"Planet: A body of earth surrounded by sky."

"Rhubarb: A kind of celery gone bloodshot."

"Before giving a blood transfusion find out if the blood is affirmative or negative."

"To remove dust from the eye, pull the eye down over the nose."

"For a nosebleed: put the nose much lower than the body until the heart stops."

"For drowning: climb on top of the person and move up and down to make Artificial Perspiration."

"For Fainting: Rub the person's chest or, if a lady, rub her arm above the hand instead. Or put the head between the knees of the nearest
    medical doctor."

"To prevent contraception: wear a condominium."

"For head cold: use an agonizer to spray the nose until it drops in your throat."

"To keep milk from turning sour: keep it in the cow."

"The pistol of a flower is its only protection against insects."

"The alimentary canal is located in the northern part of Indiana."

"The skeleton is what is left after the insides have been taken out and the outsides have been taken off. The purpose of the skeleton is
    something to hitch meat to."

"A permanent set of teeth consists of eight canines, eight cuspids, two molars, and eight cuspidors."

"The tides are a fight between the Earth and Moon. All water tends towards the moon, because there is no water in the moon, and nature abhors a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight."

"A fossil is an extinct animal. The older it is, the more extinct it is."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 13 October

Just saw this thread now - posted on the other one this morning

Hi TT!

Hi Mick!

Just love the Useless Man pics Mick :H:H:H:H:H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 13 October

well we got treated to two threads today,mick those useless man pics are so funny and true haha,easy going day today,very nice weather with sunshine,a gentle breeze,sheesh i wish i had some extra money to go do something,but its cool just to be lounging,have a good one
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Sunday 13 October

Dern, if it is not confusing enough with the time difference, now we get 2 days. Does this make us older faster or living twice as long?
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Sunday 13 October

NO guarantees Sam :H:H
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 13 October

whew. exhausted but thankfully AF greetings ABeroooos.

not to worry TTops, I know you are on the ball!

not my normal chipper self. working a gruelling show through the weekend after coming off two previous ones without a break is wearing sorely on me. I'll try not to be a big cry baby about it.... I really need to get exercising again and do a better job of stress management. When I got home tonight I took a vicodin from an old prescription because my feet/back and head hurt soo much, but honestly thinking about it, I think I took it because I'm in a horrible mood and wanted 'something'. this is a dangerous thing for an addictive mind to do and I realize that. I better do some self hypnosis tonight...been neglecting to do anything productive for my serenity lately.

be well everyone
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Sunday 13 October

Try to channel some serenity Det - maybe some sleep will help. Or massage or a swim/bath. Don't let the addictive monster have a look in - if needs be indulge in ice-cream, non-paleo food, - or talk to someone. keep posting if that helps. I may not be here as I have to work but someone will be

Hugs and Calm calm calm .......ness.....

Comment

af Sunday 13 October

thank you dear TT. part of my problem is eating doodoo since I've been travelling so much and working shows, but the idea of allowing myself to relax is a good point, and I tend to neglect myself. xxx
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Sunday 13 October

OK - here's a prescription Det:
                    1. Relax (take as needed several times a day)
                    2. Sleep (at least 2x day if possible)
                    3. Elimination of doodoo -structured, healthy diet at least 5x/day
                    4. Purchase and compile emergency packs of healthy food for when back on the road
                    5. Laugh - deep belly laughs - take when the urge to scream emerges
                    6. Or Scream - out loud and run with the wolves (do not shoot them they are an endangered species)

This prescription has 3 repeats but you are required to check in every day with a registered MWO alkie - who is, has and remains sober

Comment

Working...
                    X