sunday 13 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday 13 October

Good morning all - blissful spa day - swam,steamed,saunad,dozed,jacuzzid, massaged,floated and ate yummy food. Booking myself proper sports/physio based massage - think needs must v neck and shoulder tension now.

Off for brunch in a bit at yummy new cafe,then dropping friend at station and then maybe quick gym session/dvd and lazing before meeting friend who is emigrating for farewell posh burgers.

Happy sunday everyone - day 23 and feeling good.
    one day at a time

sunday 13 October

Bear sounds like an awesome day planned! I would stay away from the dangerous situations for awhile, but at least you recognized it was too early to be in that kind of place. I bunkered down for awhile....and it really helped me get my thoughts and serenity together. Putting myself in one of those situations is why I felt like I was going to lapse in June. Hiding out for 90 days....really is not the end of the world. I put together yet another schedule.....this time I color coded the weekly plan. We shall see how it goes.

YAH....good for you standing up for yourself. A couple of years ago my sister and I had it out. Sometimes I wondered if it really was worth it. In the end it was....it was crap we both had bottled up and needed to come out. We are just now getting back on track...but, we really needed a two year break from each other. She really is out of line and hitting below the belt.....because now it turns out....she wasn't that hot of a mom and everyone knows it. Because you drank does not make you a bad mom.....and because she didn't drink has not won her any awards.

Pauly....the caffeine! I had a similar episode on Friday. I had to stop and do breathing exercises to get myself together....and then came the caffeine crash.

Lav....these days I don't care much of what anyone thinks about much of anything.

Hello to Mick and TT....if you stop in today. And everyone else who comes by today.

Yesterday went to a hockey game with my three guys. The only thing I noted regarding alcohol was the stench walking in. They hold a big party outside before the game....and the spilt beer stink was gross walking in. Briefly, I noted to myself how much I would have drank when the beer guy kept coming by.....and noted how I would be in a hurry to get home to drink more. I could get all sad about it. Rather, I shrugged it off as the past....and we had a blast.

Up early....but, going back to bed. Planning on a lovely day of rest and reading.

Comment

sunday 13 October

Good Sunday morning Abbers!

Bear, sounds like you have a fun day planned for yourself - good for you

SF, aren't you happy not being a part of the beer swilling crowd anymore? :H
      I wasn't a beer drinker but I identify with the hold AL had on us physically, mentally & emotionally. So grateful to be done with all that!

Nothing fabulous planned for my day. I'll will be outside shortly stacking 2 cords of firewood that's being delivered. How's that for fun & excitement?? :H :H

YahYah, I unknowingly stepped into the role of trying to hold the family together when my Mom died & I was only 32 years old at the time. I worked my ass off trying to corral my two older & one younger brother together & act like a real family. What a freaking waste of time & energy that was - no kidding. None of them talk to each other today & none of them bother with me anymore because I won't let them. Save yourself!!!

OK, have a great day kids, I'll probably be back later.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

sunday 13 October

MAE all!

Thanks Lav and SunFlower. It's nice to have support. Yes, I think we could probably use a couple of years' break, SF. Lav, you have me pegged! Trying to hold the family together. C'est moi! I think I will have about as much success as you.

Right now, it's back to bed for a little additional shut-eye.

Hi to all to come!

:l
        YahYah
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

sunday 13 October

hi all ..just back got absolutely soaked!!see weve got 2 Sundays on the go....doesnt count as an extra day off!! :H:H:H
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

sunday 13 October

Um, just woke up from a 2 1/2 hour nap. That was truly sweet. A good sleep sure does help with one's perspective.

Congrats on day 23 bear. Sounds like you have a good day planned.

Stacking your firework sounds like a good workout, Lav.

I'm looking foward to the rest of the gang checking in later.

I'll just be doing some paperwork that I should have done yesterday. It's not as hard when I can combine it with watching football. I'll also try to do some cooking for the week, as well, so it won't be hard to eat well.

Have a good, sober day all!

YahYah

Comment

sunday 13 October

Hey guys I started a thread hours before this one.
              Just in case you thought I was not on the ball

Comment

sunday 13 October

Yah I thought you were the dancing queen not the football queen?
                Of course you can be both

Comment

sunday 13 October

Hey oh all
                  truly a wash out this weekend, rain, rain. Sometimes Dr Seusse's Thing 1 and Thing 2 come to mind.
                  Went to my nephew's wedding this weekend. Talk about upcoming family dynamics.... the father of the bride gets up for his speech and tells everyone how doesn't like the groom. The unfortunate thing is in reality, he doesn't. Now it is public, how weird! It was awkward, embarrassing, and pretty much tasteless.
                  BUT, the bride and groom seem very happy together and that's what counts.

Families can be very strange.
                  Sam
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

sunday 13 October

Hey oh all
                    truly a wash out this weekend, rain, rain. Sometimes Dr Seusse's Thing 1 and Thing 2 come to mind.
                    Went to my nephew's wedding this weekend. Talk about upcoming family dynamics.... the father of the bride gets up for his speech and tells everyone how doesn't like the groom. The unfortunate thing is in reality, he doesn't. Now it is public, how weird! It was awkward, embarrassing, and pretty much tasteless.
                    BUT, the bride and groom seem very happy together and that's what counts.

Families can be very strange.
                    Sam
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

sunday 13 October

I think I'm jealous of that nap YahYah. The firewood guy is hours late & I still have all that stacking to do - boo hiss

Sam, I wondered how the wedding in the rain went!
                      Geez, I think the father of the bride was a touch out of line there. He certainly is entitled to his opinion but couldn't he have saved it for a while??
                      No rain here - sun's out this afternoon - yay!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

sunday 13 October

treetops;1568159 wrote: Yah I thought you were the dancing queen not the football queen?
                        Of course you can be both
                        Oh, good Lord. Now I have that song in my head and can't get rid of it. :H:H

My Broncos game starts now. See you after the game.
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

sunday 13 October

Two threads--I'm confused! Now just hoping my Saints can beat the Patriots, who are no doubt pissed after their loss last week. I am a dancing queen and a football queen. I am just as bad as many guys about football (and proud of it!).

Sam, I think the FIL was a bit idiotic to be making unsavory speeches at this point of things.

It's dreary here, Lav. I hope the wood has come by now. I can appreciate your frustration. Grrrr.

Crap, the damn rookie Saints are killing themselves with penalties. Grrrrrr......

Okay, back to paperwork. Yay! They sacked Brady.

YahYah

Comment

sunday 13 October

Hi Cindi!

YahYah - the Eagles won for a change :H
                            Hope your teams did well!

The firewood arrived just before dinner time so YB (who was here at the time) said let's just cover it with a tarp - stacking can wait - yay. I will have plenty of wood to help keep this place warm this winter
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

sunday 13 October

I'm glad the Eagles won, Lav. Congrats! Neither of my teams won thus far. :upset: Still have the Redskins tonight, but who the heck knows with them. They're playing Dallas. :xxx:

Well, will go nighty night early tonight. It's amazing how tiring it is doing nothing all day.

YahYah

Comment

Working...
                              X