wed af 16 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wed af 16 October

morning all - bit of a late start today - got evening meeting and am going to spring into action and do my sweaty workout DVD in a minute. I didn't do any yesterday after all. Still battling to fit in regular exercise/get off sofa - less thinking more action needed I think.

Anyway buckets loads of coffee for everyone - pumpkin donut things sound like they should be illegal - along with five guys burgers. We talked about booking our xmas do yesterday - everyone talking about what they gonna drink/getting drunk- had tempting images of wine/cava and ' just one' - I know it's BS - and I felt really deprived.
    I'm gonna drive. I know at least one other person never drinks as we were discussing it the other day. I have done sober Xmas before and I loved it - all about chilling and the food. Need to focus on today maybe?

In terms of good things I am doing, to counter the self flagellation - I am setting up healthy routines,make up off at night, night creams, deep breathing,cooking from fresh,eating more fruit and veg,getting a bit more routine about cleaning and tidying and I am slipping in some exercise at least a couple of times a week. This may sound like a lot but I kind of crave routine and don't really have set ones - I feel calmer.

Day 26 starting and it's feeling good - away at weekend with boozy parents but I am hiding behind my 30 days for charity.Happy Wednesday/humpday everyone.
    one day at a time

wed af 16 October

Hi all ..how are you. ..on phone as compute r is playing up. .hopefully back on later
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

wed af 16 October

Hey ho all
      Bear, you sound really well, Xmas is the time to drink, is it not? That's when I've made this killer eggnog with its only purpose to get drunk with filling your arteries with fat BUT not this year!

Mick, phone is hard to type out anything much. My fat fingers always get in the way.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

wed af 16 October

Good morning Abbers & happy humpday

I'm sitting at my son's house, only have one kid to watch as the other is in preschool. Much easier just dealing with one rugrat :H

Bear, the best advice I received here was to drop the deprivation thinking & start thinking in terms of gratitude. I thought that was impossible but it's just a matter of developing a new habit. Make a list of all the positive changes you have already noticed & the changes you still want to experience. We really aren't losing a thing when we cut AL out of our lives. We are giving ourselves a tremendous gift

Mick, I take my iPad with me on days like this. It's a bit easier than a phone to type on

Sam, it's cool & overcast here, rain on the way once again. Bummer!
        Meant to tell you that my younger brother has played guitar all his life but picked ip a mandolin a few years ago, now he's hooked! He plays Celtic tunes with a small 'band' of sorts. They are pretty good, i've seen their youtube videos.

Ok, back to another episode of Thomas & Friends.......ho hum
        Have a great AF day everyone,

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

wed af 16 October

Yoohoo ..tis I ..puter fixed..had some bugs or virus and also the modem was running slow ..do I sound technically minded?raining cats n dogs here./Managed to get the new fence put in to stop the rabbits getting in eating everything,,for how long who knows ..at present me 1 rabbits 0

Bear Lav is right...the day you turn that feeling of missing out and being deprived is the day you win..we all went through it so no one can say how long it takes ,but one day you will think ..actually I aint being ripped off here you are.

Hiya Sam ..hows you today? yep its kind of hard typing on a phone...just about manage the computer on the keyboard .

Hiya Lav ..better late than never ..afternoon brew.So you are only looking after one binlid today (kid)half the trouble then!!

Went to the shop earlier on ...passed the booze part ..and lo and behold ..my favourite beer ever .Efes..its Turkish beer..just for a moment I thought ...mmm I wonder ..then voice 2 says ..move on dickhead!!..Amazing how you even get role reversal of the voices!!!
          Out tomorrow early ,but will manage to get on before I go out ..take care all

Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him ...(Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good)... A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

sorry it's slightly outdated but funny nonetheless)
          A teacher was arrested because he attempted to board a flight while possessing a ruler, protractor, and calculator. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said he believes the man?s a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement. The man?s been charged with carrying weapons of math instruction.
          ?Al-gebra is a problem for us,? Gonzales said. ?Its followers desire solutions by means and extremes and sometimes go off on tangents in search of absolute values. They use secret code names like ?x? and ?y? and refer to themselves as ?unknowns,? but we?ve determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval, with coordinates in every country.?
          When asked to comment on the arrest, George W. Bush said, ?If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He?d have given us more fingers and toes.? Aides told reporters they couldn?t recall a more intelligent or profound statement by the President.

bit dodgy!!!!

A young boy and his grandfather were sitting outside enjoying the summer breeze. The boys grandfather pulled out a cigar, lit it, and puffed away contently. The boy looked at his grandfather and asked if he could take a puff. The grandfather replied, "Can your dick touch your ass?" to which the boy responded, "No sir." "Then you are not old enough" the grandfather snapped back. A few minutes later the grandfather pulled a beer out of his cooler, and took a sip. The boy asked if he could try the beer. The grandfather replied, "Can your dick touch your ass?" to which the boy responded, "No sir." Grandpa huffed. "Then you are not old enough."
          The boy gave up and ran inside the house to go play. An hour later the boy came outside with a plate of cookies. The grandfather asked the boy, "Can I have a cookie?" The boy replied, "Can your dick touch your ass?" Grandpa laughed. "Hell yeah, my dick can touch my ass." The boy smirked. "Then go fuck yourself, grandma made these cookies for me

The state of Indiana has just announced that it will begin forcibly ejecting the poor from its borders.

An official was quoted as saying, "We cannot accept their kind. Beggars can't be Hoosiers

A man goes into a restaurant and is seated. All the waitresses are gorgeous.
          A particularly voluptuous waitress wearing a very short skirt and legs that won't quit came to his table and asked if he was ready to order, "What would you like, sir?"
          He looks at the menu and then scans her beautiful frame top to bottom, then answers, "A quickie."
          The waitress turns and walks away in disgust. After she regains her composure she returns and asks again, "What would you like, sir?"
          Again the man thoroughly checks her out and again answers, "A quickie, please."
          This time her anger takes over, she reaches over and slaps him across the face with a resounding "SMACK!" and storms away.
          A man sitting at the next table leans over and whispers, "Um, I think it's pronounced 'Quiche'."

Why couldn't Pinocchio get a date

because everyone wanted "no strings attatched"

When the Chinese fill out government forms..
          Under "Occupation" do they write "Tibet"?

he boss comes into work carrying a thermos.

His blonde secretary had never seen one before.
          "What's that thing?" she asks.
          "Oh, this?" he says, "It's just my thermos. It keeps my hot things hot and my cold things cold. Damn convenient."
          "Oh wow, that DOES sound convenient!" she exclaims, "I might have to get myself one of those!"
          "Yep, I definitely recommend it."
          And they go about the rest of the day.
          Sure enough, the next morning, when the boss comes in, he notices a brand new thermos on his secretary's desk.
          "Ah, I see you got yourself a thermos!" he says.
          "Oh, yes sir, I decided I could use something to keep my hot things hot and my cold things cold." She's beaming.
          He grins back. "Neat-o. So, whatcha got in there?"
          "Two popsicles and a cup of coffee."

The Haircut......
          One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.
          The florist was pleased and left the shop.
          When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'Thank You' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.
          Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you , I'm doing community service this week.'
          The cop was happy and left the shop.
          The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'Thank You' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.
          Then a politician came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.
          The politician was very happy and left the shop.
          The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen politicians lined up waiting for a free haircut.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

wed af 16 October

a quick heyo! ABerooooos near and far

Bear, what Lav said on gratitude. changing our thinking is a discipline we all need to stay in shape on. also don't forget the healthy fats in your new diet. they are critical to brain/CNS health and are hugely important to stave-off anxiety and depression. (I learned the hard way).

eggnog? icky poo! never could stand it unless it was the only source of booze at a party in my blurry days. the fat doesn't bother me, but in conjunction with all the sugar it does become a problem. not to mention the rum! bad juju.

having lunch with a buddy today that took my advice on diet a couple months ago and he's already lost 35lbs and feels amazing. he's a scientist and truly understood paleo from a metabolic viewpoint. the thing he's most excited about is his newfound mental clarity. says he didn't even realize he was walking around in a haze previously on his hi-carb, hi-grain diet. it's great to see such wonderful progress.

well, it's freaking cold here all of a sudden. 20F in the higher parts of Lake Tahoe last night. kind of makes it hard to leave the warm blankets in the morning.

off to a meeting and must avoid the darn cookies they insist on putting out

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

wed af 16 October

evening all - back from evening meeting that went really well - usually I dread it!

So my many positives - feeling calmer,time to plan, enthusiasm to plan chores and improve home,setting up healthy routines(exercise,fresh cooking), better self care - massage,facials, using body scrub and night cream,time spent at home chilling, more money,more energy,better sleep,feel less bloated, feeling more positive,feel more in control,skin and eyes brighter and clearer,no worry re health,no smoking, less takeaway junk food and always knowing I can get myself home safely

And getting back to Christmas which sparked all of this off - I LOVE Christmas and get to enjoy every minute of it all sober,will do it cheaper and spend more on yummy food and presents for loved ones.I have 12 days off and only taking 2 days leave as my work closes between Christmas and New Year - I am supremely grateful for that.
              one day at a time

Comment

wed af 16 October

EEMae everybody,ah yes losing that deprivation feeling,this is one i struggled with this whole year of trying to sober up,feeling i "deserve"a drink cuz its a holiday,its summertime,everyone else is drinking yada,yada its all b.s i think it was kuya who said over and over "quit bullshitting yourself"maybe it was byrdie or lav,anyways one of the wise ones here,i dont feel deprived this time,i feel free hubs dui may have not been mine but in a way it is,im paranoid to drink for the first time in all of this,so perhaps his little joyride wasnthe best thing that couldve happened to ME,anyways hope everyone is well,wheres tt?
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

wed af 16 October

*was the best thing,dumb phone!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

wed af 16 October

Funny church story:

While attending the Southern Baptist church I had joined a class to better understand their beliefs and why they believed them. Not to long in, I realized the class really wasn't my cup of tea. The teacher had e-mailed me and asked why I had stopped coming. He was a nice enough guy....I replied politely and privately.

Bored tonight I pulled up last week's service.....my words were used as a launching pad for an entire service! It is confirmed that I am going to Hell. I am still picking myself up off the floor that this was done. At least my name was kept secret....but, now the freaking pastor is praying for my soul.

I don't think I will even dare drive by this place again.

I hope not to offend anyone. I am just venting about my shock

Comment

wed af 16 October

SF - that preacher doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for people,very disrespectful to use you as a case study,and what a single minded view he has.
                      I'm not religious but I think if there is a God we'll be judged on how we treat others - rather than if we choose to spend time with a self righteous preacher.
                      one day at a time

Comment

wed af 16 October

Bear....it is a very one sided religous view they have. I respect it, its not my belief.

I agree it is about how we treat other people. But, I am even more universal than that. I don't even think God is up there with naughty and nice list.

Anyways....if what they say is true.....I think it would be way to sparse and lonely in heaven for me

Comment

wed af 16 October

Judge not lest ye be judged......just sayin' Uh, where did I hear that? Oh yeah, it was written in the Bible. Those holy rollers need to justify their beliefs by condemning others. Jesus instructed us specifically not to do so.
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                          X