Friday AF 18 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday AF 18 October

Good Evening ladies and gents. Oops MAE ? as you are probably not reading this at night. Sorry I have been missing the last few days but its been super busy at home and work ? and my head has been in other spaces. I hope to get some quiet time this weekend ? for tonight ? feeling a bit flat but I suspect that's just exhaustion.

So how are we all doing? I may have missed some of the updates ? so will post and try to read back.

Bear ? you have really knocked off those days and that is fantastic. I do hope this convinces you to remain sober after this month.

Mick ? glad your computer is up and running ? so it can keep up with you! I too have saved heaps since giving up the muck ? but I have found other ways to spend the money.

Cinders ? I liked the Stephen King quote. I am not partial to his novels or the movies that the novels are based on but he sure can write. I was reading last week about the link between writers and alcoholism ? its not a given of course but there are plenty of writers who were and are alkies ? some really sad cases of dying too young, writing rubbish etc etc. Not romantic at all. This was brought on by me watching a movie about Hemingway and Martha Gellhorn. What an amazing woman (I think she also liked the bottle).

SF _ I concur with the others about the dear pastor?s teachings. I won?t say more as I might speak my mind

Goodness Pauly ? you have had an interesting spiritual journey (in more ways than one) ? and here you are in Vegas. What brought you there?

Gidday also to Samstone, Det and all others. Its cheered me up a little just posting this ? not that I have any crises that I know of to deal with. Oh and I made decadent baked chocolate pudding tonight because my girl finished her amazing art project.

Friday AF 18 October

Lav - I meant to say hi as well to you my dear!
    And YahYah - what are you up to this weekend (both of you - I mean not together but separately) - if you know what I mean
    This is turning into a sit-com:H:H

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

mae everyone..how are we today?well it really is one fingered typing for me today..caught it on a door frame yesterday..body went forwards,finger went backwards..and that was that ..so now they are strapped up ..what a pain,as if it isnt bad enough for me typing...not volunteering today ,so have a bit of lazy time...(ish)

Tea and cawfee are available for all comers

Hiya tt....glad to hear those dulcet tones again ..even if it is in the written word!Well its the weekend now so you can chillax....glad all is well.

morning bear how are you? start of the hols for you so enjoy them

hiya Cinders,how are you?I am not a reader of Stephen King,or indeed his book style..but yes agree with his statement..up to the bit about the snowplough drivers..as for that well yeh.You any plans for over the weekend?

morning Lav..and how are you today?ok ? well you will be after this brew..here you go.Rain isnt here yet..but it certainly isnt shorts and t shirt weather.what are your plans for the weekend?you know you said you grew pots of gerboras? what was the largest pot size you grew?no Im not mad ..just experimenting here!!

hiya Pauly..wow what a mixed bag of religious doctrine you have had throughout life!!you could collect religions..get a tick card,and once you have had a taster ,move on and tick them off on your score sheet.Whether I am religious or not..I have never quite understood why it was necessary to go to a man made building to listen to someone telling me all about religion and how I need to behave...(and lets face it the news is kind of full of some dodgy mentors..tho not all)!!in order to pray and talk to God..nuff said..oh and before anyone decides to have a go or decide to ban me etc ..the text is not about religion,but the circumstances surrounding it!!!:H
      Im the same as you Pauly ..often wonder where people go to ..whether they made a success of it..Cat ,Shue Cantoo,Sausage to name a few ..yes people move on ,but wouldnt it be nice every now and then, just to get a hi doing ok..or is that just me being a softarse?no matter ..you have a great weekend in "The Meadows"

morning SF...how are you today?so you come from a song writing town..hmm that could be anywhere..have you any plans for the weekend?

Well folks..thats it ..big shout to those I have missed ..one fingered typing is rubbish ..could be worse ..could be on my phone !!!have a good one everybuddy..

Two children, Johnny and Alex were sitting outside a clinic. Alex was crying very loudly. Johnny: Why are you crying? Alex: I came here for a blood test. Johnny: So? Are you afraid? Alex: No. For the blood test, they cut my finger. After hearing this Johnny started weeping making Alex feel surprised as well as curious and Alex asked: Why are you crying now? Johnny: I came for a urine test!

One day a blond walks into a doctors office with both of her ears burnt. The doctor askes her what had happened. She says, "well... when I was ironing my work suit the phone rang and I mistakenly picked up the iron instead of the phone. "Well that explains one ear, but what about the other." "The bastard called again"

A big city doctor visits an Indian tribe full of men, he asks "How do you guys relieve your sexual tension?" "Simple, just come down to the river tomorrow and we'll show you." The next day the doctor shows up and sees a group of men near a donkey. One man says "Since you're our guest you get to go first." The doctor not wanting to go against custom starts to kiss, then proceeds to have sex with the donkey. Then a man in the group asks "Are you almost done Doc?" "We need the donkey to cross the river in order to get to the tribe of women."

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray, ?Take only one. God is watching.? Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. One child whispered to another, ?Take all you want. God is watching the apples.?

One day a boy came home running while crying. His mother asked what happened why are you crying? The boy said`I got punished for something I did not do?. His mother said ?That?s horrible. what did you not do?. The boy in tears said`my homework?

H - "Hello?"
      W - "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"
      H - "Yes."
      W - "Great! I am at the mall two blocks from where you are. I just saw a beautiful mink coat. It's absolutely gorgeous!! Can I buy it?"
      H - "What's the price?"
      W - "Only $1,500.00."
      H - "Well, OK, go ahead and get it, if you like it that much..."
      W - "Ahhh, and I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the 2001 models. I saw one I really liked. I spoke with the salesman, and he gave me a really good price...and since we need to exchange the BMW that we bought last year..."
      H-"What price did he quote you?"
      W - "Only $60,000..."
      H - "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."
      W - "Great! But before we hang up, something else..."
      H - "What?"
      W - "It might look like a lot, but I was reconciling your bank account and...I stopped by the real estate agent this morning and saw the house we had looked at last year. It's on sale!! Remember? The one with a pool, English Garden, acre of park area, beachfront property." H - "How much are they asking?"
      W - "Only $450,000 - a magnificent price...and I see that we have that much in the bank to cover..."
      H - "Well, then go ahead and buy it, but just bid $420,000. OK?"
      W - "OK, sweetie...Thanks! I'll see you later!! I love you!!!"
      H - "Bye...I love u too..." The man hangs up, closes the phone's flap, and raises his hand while holding the phone and asks to all those present: "Does anyone know who this phone belongs to

Q: How do you know if a Chinese tried to rob your house?
      A: You get home and your maths homework is done, your computer is upgraded, and two hours later He is still trying to back out of your driveway

An 85-year-old man was requested by his doctor for a sperm count as part of his physical exam. The doctor gave the man a jar and said, "Take this jar home and bring back a semen sample tomorrow." The next day the 85-year-old man reappeared at the doctor's office and gave him the jar, which was as clean and empty as on the previous day. The doctor asked, what happened and the man explained. "Well, doc, it's like this--first I tried with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing. Then I asked my wife for help. She tried with her right hand, then with her left, still nothing. She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in, then with her teeth out, still nothing. We even called up Arleen, the lady next door and she tried too, first with both hands, then an armpit, and she even tried squeezin' it between her knees, but still nothing." The doctor was shocked! "You asked your neighbor?" The old man replied, "Yep, none of us could get the jar open."

Teacher: What do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?
      Student: A teacher!

Three guys are arrested in an adult book store and appear before the judge. He asks the first guy to stand: "What is your name?" he asked. "John," the guy answered. "And why were you arrested?" the judge asked. "I was by the magazine rack holding a big fat cigar and blowing smoke." he answered. The judge didn't see anything wrong with that, so he dismissed the guy and called up the next one. "What's your name?" he asked. "John," the guy answered. "Why were you arrested?" the Judge asked. "I was by the magazine rack holding a big fat cigar and blowing smoke." he answered. Again, the judge saw nothing offensive, 'This so-called adult store is begining to sound more like a smoking club!' he thought. So he dismissed the charge and called up the next guy. "What's your name?? No wait, let me guess; John." he said. "No," said the guy, "My name is Smoke."

Whoever said technology will replace paper has obviously never tried to wipe their butt with an iPad.

Teacher: "Now class, whatever I ask, I want you to all answer at once. How much is six plus four?" Class: "At once!"

A man walks into a bar and asks the bartender, "If I show you a really good trick, will you give me a free drink?" The bartender considers it, then agrees. The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out a tiny rat. He reaches into his other pocket and pulls out a tiny piano. The rat stretches, cracks his knuckles, and proceeds to play the blues. After the man finished his drink, he asked the bartender, "If I show you an even better trick, will you give me free drinks for the rest of the evening?" The bartender agrees, thinking that no trick could possibly be better than the first. The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out a tiny rat. He reaches into his other pocket and pulls out a tiny piano. The rat stretches, cracks his knuckles, and proceeds to play the blues. The man reaches into another pocket and pulls out a small bullfrog, who begins to sing along with the rat's music. While the man is enjoying his beverages, a stranger confronts him and offers him $100,000.00 for the bullfrog. "Sorry," the man replies, "he's not for sale." The stranger increases the offer to $250,000.00 cash up front. "No," he insists, "he's not for sale." The stranger again increases the offer, this time to $500,000.00 cash. The man finally agrees, and turns the frog over to the stranger in exchange for the money. "Are you insane?" the bartender demanded. "That frog could have been worth millions to you, and you let him go for a mere $500,000!" "Don't worry about it." the man answered. "The frog was really nothing special. You see, the rat's a ventriloquist."

Finding one of her students making faces at others on the playground, Ms. Smith stopped to gently reprimand the child. Smiling sweetly, the Sunday school teacher said, "Johnny, when I was a little girl, I was told if that I made ugly faces, it would freeze and I would stay like that." Little Johnny looked up and replied, "Well, Ms Smith, you can't say you weren't warned."

Don?t steal, don?t lie and don?t cheat.
      The government hates competition.

Someone figured out my password.
      Now I have to rename my dog.

While walking along a beach, a man finds a lamp and rubs it off. A genie appears and offers to grant the man one wish. The man replys, "What about three?" The genie retorts " Look pal, I'm in a hurry, I've been cooped up in that damn lamp for. . ." "OK, alright" the guy responds. "Tell you what, I'm tired of paying for airplane tickets to Hawaii. I'd like you to build a bridge from California to Hawaii." This pisses the genie off. He screams, "Hey, this isn't the movies. Your wish has to be practical." "Do you know the engineering it would take to design that, the materials it would take, you'd have to compensate for plate techtonics, the continental shelf. . ." "Geez" the guy responds, "Well, I'd really like to understand women." The genie responds "Did you want two lanes or four?"

Dad: Hey son, if you keep masturbating your going to go blind.
      Son: Dad im over here.

Somebody knocks on door:
      Who is there?
      Police
      What do you want?
      We want to talk.
      How many of you are there?
      Two.
      So talk with each other.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

Morning, afternoon and evening TT and everyone else - I have made it to day 28 - can't quite believe it,feeling great. I have had a few deprivation thoughts, and have had wisdom from here - each time they come up I now either just 'watch them' and don't engage or shout them down as BS. I feel too good to give this up now and a bit of broken thinking isn't a good reason to start all the drinking nonsense again.

I am off to dye my hair,pick up prescription cat food,collect parcel and buy new jeans and swim costume for my holiday. I was planning to look at boots,tights and jumpers too BUT don't have time so I will do that another day - stressing self out with too much to do on a day off defeats the object! I've noticed that I've been super tired this week, have done one exercise session but that's it - better than in previous weeks, small steps..I'm at least noticing now when I 'should' on myself and overload myself.

Have a great day everyone - it's all in the attitude isn't it - friend had second leg break in 6 months and is being unbelievably strong,positive and motivated - gives me inspiration.Have a great day everyone.
        one day at a time

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

Hey Mick - cross posted - good to see you, on sofa in onesie,with cats
          Owww - you probably could do with a lazy day!
          one day at a time

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

Take care Mick. Rest rest rest!!!!!!

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

Mae everybody,wipe your ass with an ipad was hilarious! personally i like technology but i also like to read an actual newspaper in the morning,own the book,and i miss going to blockbuster and renting movies it used to be our family thing on a saturday night to go pick up movies,get popcorn and candy and wait in ridiculously long lines,it was fun,yikes! sorry about your fingers mick sounds painful those little hurts are always worse,glad your back tt to answer your question i moved to vegas in '99 cuz there were a ton of jobs here and none in utah,it can be a nice city if you block out the b.s,but most people here are damaged?i cant think of a proper word ive only had one genuine friend in all my years here but she moved some years back,most people are users,liars,thieves,so i just enjoy my kids,dog,and hubs when hhes not acting up haha! hope everybody has a nice friday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

Afternoon Abbers

Was unable to get on the site this morning but it seems fine now.

TT, glad to hear your daughter completed her art project. I'll bet you are both very happy!
                Hope you catch up on some rest this weekend

Mick, ouch!! Sorry about your fingers!
                One finger typing really is takes some work!!! Hope you feel better soon. My pot of gerberas is still sitting out on the deck. It has no blooms but I'll snap a pic for you. The pot is at least 12" across.
                No special plans for me this weekend but I do need to get some outside work done - we shall see.

bear, we really do have the ability to control our thinking - takes some practice. When I get an unwanted thought I recognize it for what it is & then blow it off. I won't allow any substance or any person take up my head space. That's the way it has to be

pauly, it must be difficult living in Sin City!
                I lived all my life just a few mile outside of Philadelphia - the City of Brotherly Love. Let me tell you there is no brotherly love going on in that town
                Drugs, gangs, shootings, stabbings - lots of action - no thanks. Of course moving to cow country 10 years ago got me away from all of that but I still see it on the news everyday. Do you think you'll be able to get out of there some day? Would you want to move?

OK, I need to get back to making myself useful :H
                Have a great AF Friday everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

Sounds like there are no flies on your nose Pauly! Do you have that expression in the US?

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

I think over here it should be No Stink bugs on your nose TT :H :H

OK Mick, here's what's left of my gerbera & the mini Stellas at almost 6 weeks old!!!

AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

hello all
                      Mick, that sounds painful, you break them? Your one finger typing did pretty dang good I'd say.
                      Lav, chicks look good and docile.
                      not much in the way of excitement, low key Friday evening.
                      TT, Bear, YahYah, Det, Cinders, enjoy doing what you do.
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

MAE Abbers,

Not much to report here. Job going well. Not looking forward to the weekend alone. I will get my nails done which is so weird for me to be in this habit. I am not a frufru girl at all. Well, maybe I am.

I need to buy a couple more pants and shirts for work. I know for guys you could wear the same thing several times a week. Other women notice that I only have a few items. But waiting for a full paycheck so will deal.

I haven't read back much except to see our sweet Bear is doing well. I have a smile from that.

and Mick has broken fingers? Ouch. Enforced downtime. If you are like me, that will be miserable.

I enjoy my work. I hate being alone. I miss hubby and the dog. Not sure which I miss more, tbh. :-)

I'll see you tomorrow. Which is today, actually.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

As for the alcoholic snow plow drivers that SK mentioned?

Interestingly, I lived in CO for 10 years. During that time, my son started working at a convenience store.

He came home one day and told me "Mom, you know how we always follow the snow plow drivers when it is snowing? Don't do it anymore. I had a crew come in and buy a flat of beer." No kidding.

You never know. Do you?
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

a late, exhausted, yet happy oooooh rooooh ABeroooos!

went on a glorious trail ride today with my dear Dx and a couple friends (one from AA) and it was just wonderful. I'm pretty out of shape for cycling, so I expect to feel it tomorrow.

Mick, breaking your digits like that? owie mate! it's hard enough to type with both paws...

Lav, great to see your all-star model chickens

Sun, about the closest I get to attending church is spending time in nature. works for me anyhow.

Bear, keep up the great work! keep that focus and progress does indeed happen.

shouts to TTops for kickstarting us, Sam, Pauly, and apologies for any misses...

I'm going to sleep well tonight

be well
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday AF 18 October

Well...in the end the dumbass that shared my e-mail with the pastor apologized.

I know that most people do not attend church. I don't believe there is a need to. However, I do usually gain something out of it. I have been speaking with a pastor from Unity.....New Thought is what they call it. I am interested and will check it out.

I personally have always found religions fascinating. Jewish tradition, yoga philosphy, atheists....you name it. Christians seem to be the most hardcore.....which I find utterly fascinating

I love SK....reading Dr. Sleep....now who doesn't want to know what happened to the kid from the Shining? He became a drunk.

Pauly....if you hit them all up....then you are covered as far as getting into Heaven. I joked that maybe I'd get saved on my deathbed....just for good measure. The Baptists did not find humor in it.

Bible Belt and Song Writing town.....that is where to find me Mick:h We have over 70,000 artist move here each year. I think 69,000 leave after they realize how tough it is in the music business.

Funny alcohol story....a client of mine who is in his 70's told me that he gave up drinking/smoking 30 years ago when he joined the Morom church. From the stories he told....he was a pretty hardcore drinker. Drank two tall boys for breakfast....got baptized and hasn't drank/smoked since. What I love about older people....is they just tell the story....it is what is....no worries on what anyone thinks.

Comment

Working...
                              X