Help me do Abs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me do Abs

Hello just came off chat where the friendly bunch there suggested joining in on abs. I want to try it - I have never been AF for more that 3 days in alomost 20 years of drinking. So I'm setting my goal to be AF for three full days and nites:
    1.Today Wednesday - AF
    2.Tomorrow Thursday - Plan to be AF
    3.Friday-plan to be AF
    Ann

Help me do Abs

Ann you can do it....i am starting day 6 tomorrow and what a difference each day makes

Comment

Help me do Abs

Trying Abs for three days, help me

Hello just came off chat where the friendly bunch there suggested joining in on abs. I want to try it - I have never been AF for more that 3 days in alomost 20 years of drinking. So I'm setting my goal to be AF for three full days and nites:
      1.Today Wednesday - AF
      2.Tomorrow Thursday - Plan to be AF
      3.Friday-plan to be AF
      :blush:
      Chris's story is inspiring if not a littel scary. https://www.mywayout.org/community/im...lies/blush.gif
      Ann

Comment

Help me do Abs

Hi Ann,
        I haven't tried chat yet, but I'm trying for AF today, too. Like you, I'm a long-time drinker and haven't been able to put together a string of AF days for years. Hopefully, today I'll be AF. No wine or other stuff in the house now, so I just have to stay away from the liquor store. Wish me luck!
        Becca

Comment

Help me do Abs

I went on chat for first time this morning. It was cool! Hard to keep up with all the different comment sometime but I found an even more 'community' feeling of support becuase it's real time. On the downside, I spent much longer than I meant to and have acheived NOTHING workwise yet today. V. naughty, it's cause I am working from home!
          Ann - Go for it! Do whatever it takes to get through those three days...and then another three and then one and then it'll be a week...
          Thinking of everyone out there trying to stay AF today. We can do it.
          bean x

Comment

Help me do Abs

Ann, so glad to see you here! get those vitamins and supps and dust off the hypno (seems I recall you had them) Your mind will try to trick you that you need the booze to cope but YOU are smarter and stronger than that. Developing new coping skills will take time, and you will feel wierd and awkward off and on for a while, just know that it's perfectly normal. and post here what is going on and how you are doing...and don't be afraid to be specific. welcome to ABworld Ann! ps.. you can get kudzu and amino complete and other supps from right here on MWO under the online store. You are probably in a hurry tho so the local health store will have them too. (GABA, Magnesium, B-complex, Vit-c, L-glutamine, oil of evening primrose) that ought to zap your booze budget for the first week
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Help me do Abs

A AF Recipe

Hi

Well I have ordered all the craving meds from the web, I have the book and I have this place.

I have been here 35 days - for the first 32 I did Mods - Starting out with a few good AF days but I had more Mod days than AF.

This is what I am doing to maintain the AF

1 - Log on to MWO
              2 - Read
              3 - Post
              4 - sleep

I am a heavy drinker a very heavy drinker - I drank everyday until I was drunk, I drove drunk I did everything drunk my favourite poison was Whisky and soda - I would have 4 double Bells and one 125ml can of soda and I would go through about 6 sodas - checking bills the next morning. If I was out with the girls and Chardonnay was on offer then that was also great - I some times would start on a Chardonnay and finish on the Bells or Johnny Black depending on how much money I had on me.

So for me to go down to the 3 wines and Soda - where I would get one glass of chardonnay and mix it with Soda and get 3 drinks out of my one glass is great.

You want to last until Saturday morning - you can follow those 4 easy steps and you will see and feel the difference.

GOOD LUCK
              Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

Help me do Abs

Hello Ann.
                Best wishes.

Comment

Help me do Abs

Hi Monthly Abbers,
                  I found the first few days the hardest, especially the week-end. How was I going to go through a friday, saturday & sunday night without a drink? If it is in your heart and you stay busy (posting, walking, chating, etc) whatever it takes you can do it. Believe me, I drank 2 bottles of wine a night, now known as a "heavy tea" drinker. Best Wishes.
                  Abby

Comment

Working...
                  X