Mon AF 21 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mon AF 21 October

MAE everyone. Its getting late-ish here and I am loosing the plot ? ie getting tired. Thought I better start the thread ? but not a lot to say. I think a few people have had probs with this site lately. I couldn?t get on for part of the weekend. Also been busy with work, family and cooking quite a bit lately.

Det ? glad you liked the fish recipe. Tonight it was baked salmon with baked couscous ? latter has pine nuts, almonds, Moroccan spices, orange in it. Super yummy.
    Last night I made pizza ? and made the bases ? haven?t done that in ages. That Also went down well. Of course that's non-paleo food. Hang on - didn't they have pizza ovens and parmesan in the Neolithic:H:H

Mick ? how?s the finger and arm? I think you lost your post today. Well I know you did. That sucks. :upset: Hope you get better this week and are back on form.

Lav ? I have never had pumpkin coffee. Can someone please explain how you get pumpkin into coffee? Or coffee into pumpkin? I was boring - I made pumpkin soup yesterday (we are still eating pumpkins from autumn).

Pauly ?you listen to Lav?s advice ? and also I hope your allergies/cold goes away.

Sam ? I don?t have anything to add to the greenhouse debate. We had some when I was growing up ? and I used to read in there to escape my parents. People seem to have smaller, more easily constructed plasticy ones these days.

Bear ? how did your weekend go?

Hey guys ?I see Scottish Lass has returned to the fold. She said she is not ready yet to post on our thread.

Anyway as I said ? I am fading ? so hi there to everyone else ? excuse me if I haven?t mentioned you.
    Have a great sober filled week ahead.

Mon AF 21 October

Hidy hi there
    Quick check in then off to the salt mines. Seems a little frosty out there today in Virginia land. Got stuff under row covers last night.
    TT it's hard pushing that pumpkin in the coffee pot!
    Had a very strange dream this morning in regards to oldest brother that I "divorced". Very strange one that involves going back in time and seeing him. In the end he's following me in an old general store to see what time it is. He hits the time barrier, bounces back and becomes this living skull and fades away. Guess it is Halloween.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mon AF 21 October

Good Monday morning Abbers

Chilly here but it will warm up a bit. This is my favorite time of year

TT, I think the coffee is just mixed with the usual pumpkin pie spices to trick you into thinking you are tasting pumpkin. Dumb but good

Sam, you are apparently a very vivid dreamer :H :H
      I'm at a point where I don't want to dream about anything, good or bad. I just want to rest!!!!!

I have lots of things I want to do so I'd better get started. Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mon AF 21 October

MAE Abbies. I've been flying under the radar lately; life has been rather boring--more accurately, I've been rather boring....Being that it's fall, I would really rather hibernate until spring. Still (and always) AF.

TT, good to see you. I am quite jealous that you are getting the longer days now, although I know I'm not being very fair. Sounds like you've been making some delicious stuff to eat. I hope your family is appreciating you properly!

I hope you get on at some point today, Mick! I hope your finger is feeling better soon. I read about your sprain, and boy, it hurt just reading about it! Ouch!

You had a fire yesterday, Lav? It was definitely a wonderful day for it. I fear we will be dragging in any plants later this week that will need to overwinter in the house, however.

Sam, if you want to research greenhouses, google Mother Earth News. I get their magazine, and they periodically have articles about greenhouses, etc. I can't find the most recent issue to give you a link, but they might be a starting point to help you decide what would be best for your needs. I also think you seriously underrate your skill as a fiddler, my friend.

I'm glad to hear that SL is back and hope she'll make an appearance here soon.

I'm glad you're posting regularly here again, SF. I always enjoy your posts.

Waves to Det, Pauly, bear and Cinders; have a great day all!

:l
        YahYah
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Mon AF 21 October

Happy un-hung Monday ABeroooooos!

TTops, my version of paleo definitely includes parmesan! I'm a cultured caveman

looks like everyone's busy on this fine day, hope all are well. if anyone's poking around, please say hi, great group of dry folks with extra dry humor.

off to chop some garlic and make the cilantro sauce for tonights chicken feast....

be well
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
          X