X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday April 20th

Good day everyone.
    I hope you are all well.
    I've had a very long work week and I'm glad it's nearly finished.
    We're working in Arbroath, which is about 100 miles from home. We were going to stay in digs, but the price we were given to do the job means that we're not going to make much money and we've decided to travel up and down every day. No hardship really. It just puts another 5 hours travel time on to my day. I take a book and the hypno CD's to pass the time. I just got the CD's and I think I'm going to like them.....a lot.
    Have a good one.

Friday April 20th

Aww pop, five hours a day traveling? that is horrible. Sounds like you have a good attitude though. I hope the CDs work for you..........
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday April 20th

Hi Lushy.
      I was just thinking that a while ago, I would be dying to finish work tonight and get round that shop and buy some stupid amout of vodka, as a reward for working so hard and feeling so tired. I don't feel like that today......Yipppeeee. Day 20 AF and feeling fine.

Comment

Friday April 20th

Hi guys, so nice to see you again - have been lying in the sun in portugal for 2 weeks but missing you all. Have succesfully moderated during the holiday but feel myself sliding so am back here ON THE STRAIGHT & NARROW!!!!

(Exception tomorrow: brother's wedding - 2 glasses of bubbly allowed)

Popeye I really hope the cd's help you - they did me. Hi Lushy, and all who follow.

Determinator: Portugese food: prawns, clams, chicken piri piri, tuna salads and craploads (TM) of garlic. I think you'd like?!

Kate x (formerly kate7173)

Comment

Friday April 20th

Hi everyone,

Popeye, bet you will be glad to see the end of this week, good work on your 20 days AF...

Ripley, welcome back.. Sounds as if Portugal was a ball for you and the children, you needed something like that though at the moment... Hope everything is going as smoothly as possible for you right now...

As for me, well I have just finished 2 hours vacuuming, under chairs, behind cupboards and all cobwebs from the corners, so, I am allowing myself the reward of an hour or maybe even two on here before I go shopping....

Have just counted up my AF days, was amazed to find they now total 203... If someone had said to me on day one, " just try and do over 200 days without a drink " I wouldn't even have started all this, so my advice ?? Just take it one day at a time, and don't look to far forward..

Have a good day everyone and all to follow,

Love, Louise xxx
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Friday April 20th

:H Wow! 203 days is amazing. Congratulations. Perhaps I will try a lime on my head too and see if that is the trick to abs.

Comment

Friday April 20th

Hi All!

Luise! Forget the one cheerleader:yougo: ....I'm getting the whole squad!

To Continued Success!

Have a nice day Everyone.
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Friday April 20th

Louise - you rock!! What an inspiration.

Popeye, I swear by the CDs. You can't change your life until you change your mind. The CDs help you do that on a faster track.

Lucky - good idea about citrus on the head - worth a try. Haven't seen you in a while.

Kate - nice to meet you. Garlic is my friend.

Lushy, always good to see you - we bitches have to stick together.

Seabreeze - you have a great day too.

Everyone have a great day.

Comment

Friday April 20th

103 days af.....how time flies when your having fun...........

davy

Comment

Friday April 20th

Davy....
                    Congrats on the big 103!!! A true accomplishment when you make to the 100 mark.
                    Do you have a next goal? Go big or go home!!! (heard the saying from my teenage daughter, not sure what it means) Hopefully it is good!!!
                    Abby

Comment

Friday April 20th

Well done everyone...Feel the power...
                      Control the Mind

Comment

Friday April 20th

lots of great AF days you super AB'ers! congrads all 'round!

I've got a party with my wine drinking friends tonight...I hope it's easier than the last time...arg! It will be. I am demanding that my rascally brain stop acting up and that I'll be calm and happy in my abstinance...so there.

oh Kate now you've made me hungry with all the Portugese food talk....drool.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday April 20th

Hello everyone. What a lot of AF days.
                          Well done indeed, especially Louise and Davy. Three figures....brilliant.
                          Hi Ripley. You're sounding chipper. Good to have you back.

Comment

Friday April 20th

Hi Everyone!
                            I would love to dine in Portugal!

I had a drinking dream a couple of nights ago. Nothing dramatic. I was just drinking again....I was feeling disappointed in my dream too. Wonderful AF days everyone.
                            It got me curious about my AF days so I added them up and I am at 175.
                            ALmost a half year! (182.5).

Everyone seems to just accept that I don't drink now. I just order a diet coke and don't make a fuss about it either way. It is surprising how many others also order soft drinks.....funny how I didn't notice much before.

Well----Happy Friday!!

Back to work for me.
                            Popeye...I thought I had a long commute at 45min! Books on tape are great....

Love,
                            Lisa

Comment

Friday April 20th

I want to see the lime on the duck's head.....LOL
                              Meow-Meow
                              MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
                              X