Friday AF 25 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday AF 25 October

MAE abbers ? sunny day here, birds chirping, cat being cute, bush, weeds and garden growing madly (like it does here in New Zealand with all the rain and sun), long weekend and things aren?t too bad at all.

Great to see you all. So glad that SL is now in the double digits and that Bear has made well over 30 days. Keep this up ladies!

Good to get everyone?s feedback on why they post ? seems like we all ramble and help each other and get helped through the site. So keep this up my dears! And it's a bonus to learn about each others? daily rituals (well some best kept secret please Mick!!:H) and old telephones and what not. Most of us are probably on facebOOK but I find that a bit overwhelming at times ? MWO is much more focused and deals with the catastrophe of addiction that was so much in our lives, sometimes is ? but will be less so in the future. Not stuff I post on FB.

Speech over. No tea or coffee to offer you folk as its pre-dinner here ? but we have lime/lemon and bubbly water, water from the tap, diet coke (for us evil ones but I have reached by quota so no more today) and green tea. Plus yummy carrot and orange cake that I made although I am crunching into an apple instead.

So help yourselves folks - Mick, SL, Pauly, Nora, SF, Yah, Lav, Det, Bear, Sam, Byrdie (if you are lurking ? well birds do that don?t they?) and all others.

I better get back to my paid work before its time to serve up some dinner.

Have a sober Friday and I look forward to reading of your plans for the weekend

Friday AF 25 October

Hey TT and everyone - just getting up here to a cold wet and dark morning ready for Friday at work - half day training course and then pm to do some work. I have my first CBT initial assessment over the phone - looking forward to that.I am coming down with a cold today,explains my mood - often feel bluesy just before I come down with one.

I followed some of my online CBT programme yesterday - about watching the negative thoughts/arguing them and just accepting that some anxiety is part of life rather than ' make it go away' and battling it.It worked!I was dreading it yesterday and it turned out ok.

Have a lazy weekend planned - staying in tonight,tomorrow and have time for de-cluttering and cleaning the house - missing Sunday's skate session,not going back until I have done 2 weeks of knee exercises. I am going to stay in on Saturday night on my own so may treat myself to a trashy dvd and some magazines.

Have a great Friday everyone.
    SF I post as well to get stuff out of my head and make it make sense/get into perspective.
    one day at a time

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

mae all..how are we today?yes like your good selves in upside down land...the sun is shining,the birds are tweeting merrily,the plants ,growing steadily with a gentle breeze in the background............CUT!!!!stop smoking them mad wacky fags!!!ok its pitch black, hissing it down with rain,blowing a gale,and whats more we are forecast 90mph winds next week via a storm brewing in the gulf of mexico..thanks guys!!Sooooo apart from that how are we all?ready for the weekend...clocks go back this weekend over here. righty ho off we go ..as you can see fingers are getting a bit better..just not got to be too smart!!

tea n coffee on the go

Evening tt...how are you?ok I hope the amount of rain coming down here it should be flooding in upside down land!!!any plans for the weekend?Moi I am out on Sunday come rain hail or shine..but thats Sundays.As for facebook ..hmm most of the world is on that now I reckon...Mr Zuckerburg and friends made a tidy few quid from that one!!have a great evening

Hi Pauly ..glad you are feeling better..sometimes its better to let nature do its own thing as opposed to taking tablets..they dont always hit the cause just the symptoms..you doing anything weekend ? whatever enjoy yourself.

Hiya Sam ...how are you today? whats the weather like out there ? good enough to get into the wild yonder?any more on your historical stuff?

Hiya Lav how are you?89 ..now thats a good age ..I have got an aunt who is 97 this year.A really well travelled lady ,who has done lots in and with her life,but now she keeps saying ..its time to go bless her....still self dependant mostly ,but I think its because of all her brothers and sisters have moved on as well as her husband.So whats in store for you today?More Thomas or not??Heres a quick brew just in case the tornadoes land!!!

Hiya SL...how are you?ok I hope ..get your feet back in here lass if you need some grounding!!Yep small numbers..but thats how we all started ..and 11 is a damn sight better than one .Memory time ..dont know much about you ,or your age group etc,but when you mentioned Princess Anne ,I remembered these from when I was a kid..national savings stamps The Princess Anne ones were green and only??6d the Prince Charles ones were 2/6d and blue ..used toget a blue one at birthdays etc

You have a good weekend ...stick with us..

right peeps...off out got to make the effort ..even tho it is hammering down so takegood care and have a great weekend

Lav ..be careful with them chicks!!

An elderly gentleman was telling his friend about a new restaurant he and his wife recently visited. ?The food and service were great!? he said. His friend asked, ?What?s the name of the place?? ?Gee, I don?t remember,? he said, ?What do you call the long stemmed flower people give on special occasions?? ?You mean a rose?? asked his friend. ?That?s it!? he exclaimed and turning to his wife, asked, ?Rose, what?s the name of that restaurant we went to the other day??

A redhead, a brunette and a blonde robbed a supermarket. While the robbery was in progress, a police officer walked in the store and saw what was happening. He dashed toward them, but they were able to get away into the back of the store. There they found three sacks to hide in. When the police officer checked there, he examined each sack. He kicks the first bag, and the redhead says "meow" in a high voice. The cop determines that it must only be a cat in that bag, and he moves on to the next. When he kicks the second bag, the brunette says "woof" in a low voice. The officer determines that it must only be a dog in that bag, so he moves on to the last bag. He kicks the third bag, and the blonde shouts "potato" to the officer.

A policeman stops a lady and asks for her license. He says "Lady, it says here that you should be wearing glasses." The woman answered "Well, I have contacts." The policeman replied "I don't care who you know! You're getting a ticket!"

Two friends: Tonight I am going to organize a group sex session in my apartment. Do you want to come?
      Of course! How many people are coming?
      Three, if you bring your girlfriend.

A family was having some people to dinner. At the table, the mother turned to her six-year-old daughter and said, "Dear, would you like to say the blessing?" "I wouldn't know what to say," replied the little girl, shyly. "Just say what you hear Mommy say, sweetie," the woman said. Her daughter took a deep breath, bowed her head, and solemnly said, "Dear Lord, why did I invite all these people to dinner!?!"

A priest was talking to a group of kids about "being good" and going to heaven. At the end of his talk, he asked, "Where do you want to go?" "Heaven! Heaven!" Yelled Little Lisa. "And what do you have to be to get there?" asked the priest. "Dead!" Yelled Little Johnny.

Two husbands were having a conversation, First guy (proudly): "My wife's an angel!" Second guy: "You're lucky, mine's still alive."

My wifi suddenly stop working then I realized that my neighbors have not paid the bill. How irresponsible people are.

Wishing to prove to his wife that he loved her for more than sex, the young man bought her a lovely bouquet of roses. Despite his good intentions, however, the devoted husband received a suspicious look when he handed her the flowers. "I suppose," she said, "that now you expect me to spend the weekend on my back with my legs spread." "Why?" said the young man. "Don't we have a vase?"

How many men does it take to screw in a light bulb? One...men will screw anything.

Two friends meet each other on the street.?Hello! Where are you coming from?? asked Bill.? Oh, don?t ask me! I?m coming from the cemetery. I just buried my mother-in-law? replied Sid. ?I?m so sorry!? said Bill, ?But why is your face scratched all over??. ?It wasn?t so easy!? said Sid, ?She put on a hell of a fight!?

Two small boys, not yet old enough to be in school, were overheard talking at the zoo one day. "My name is Billy. What's yours?" asked the first boy. "Tommy," replied the second. "My Daddy's an accountant. What does your Daddy do for a living?" asked Billy. Tommy replied, "My Daddy's a lawyer." "Honest?" asked Billy. "No, just the regular kind", replied Tommy.

The teacher asks little Johnny if he knows his numbers. "Yes," he says. "My daddy taught me." "Can you tell me what comes after three?" "Four," answers little Johnny. "What comes after six?" "Seven," answers little Johnny. "Very good," says the teacher. "Your father did a very fine job. What comes after ten?" "A jack," answers little Johnny.

Q: Why can't a blonde dial 911? A: Because she couldn't find the 11

A college pizza delivery boy arrived at the house of Larry Johnson. He delivered the pizza to his trailer. After giving it to him, Larry asked: ?What is the usual tip?? ?Well,? replied the youth, ?this is my first trip here, but the other guys say if I get a quarter out of you, I?ll be doing great.? ?Is that so?? snorted Larry. ?Well, just to show them how wrong they are, here?s five dollars.? ?Thanks,? replied the youth, ?I?ll put this in my school fund.? ?What are you studying in school?? asked Larry. The lad smiled and said: ?Applied psychology.?

The Teacher asked Little Johnny, "How can you prevent diseases caused by biting insects?" Little Johnny replied, "Just Don't bite any."

A guy walks into the bar of a restaurant and goes to the bartender and asks "how much for a beer?" The bartender replies "$1". The customer completely amazed, orders a beer then asks the bartender "Well then how much for a NY sirloin, with side of mashed potatoes and salad, and an entire cheesecake for desert?" The Bartender reply's "$5". The guy still amazed then orders everything and after he is done eating his meal then says "Wow, this place is amazing, I really wish I could meet the owner of this place". The bartender then says "Oh well, he's upstairs in his office with my wife". The guy looks all confused then asks "What is he doing upstairs in his office with your wife?" The bartender then says "The same thing I'm doing to his business".
      Question: Why are hurricanes sometimes named after women? Answer: When they come they?re wild and wet, but when they go they take your house and car with them.

My wife wanted me to whisper dirty things to her. "...........dishes."

Dad: "I heard you missed school yesterday." Little Johnny: "Not a bit."

Why do couples hold hands during their wedding day? simple it is just a formality like two boxers shaking hands before the fight begins!!

Two old men in a retirement village were sitting in the reading room and one said to the other, ''How do you really feel? I mean, you're 75 years old, how do you honestly feel?'' ''Honestly, I feel like a new born baby. I've got no hair, no teeth, and I just peed myself.''
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

Helloooooooo FABbers...not so near...yet not so far. I have been AWOL from posting for quite some time....but all is good. We finally got the grant we had been chasing for a few years so it's off to the races, so to speak, and I have been running hard ever since. It is a joy to be sober and present for this incredible, creative project.

I do manage to stop by now and then to take a peek at how all my lovely friends here are doing and reading about your daily ups, downs, owies and wowies is comforting. I'm so grateful for all you!

Hugs all around....Mighty Mick, Triumphant Treetops, Battling' Back Bear, the Loverly Lav, Precious Deter, Yah the Conqueror, pppp-positive PPQ, Sensational Sunflower and everyone else....

Now back into my project hole! I promise to come around a bit more than I have been lately....
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

Good morning Abbers!

Sunny but freezing here this morning

Thanks for the start up TT. Not entirely sure what I am doing this weekend but my daughter was hinting last evening that she wants to spend some time with friends Sunday. I think I'll end up having my granddaughter for the day - the effervescent Ms Lily :H She now travels with a stuffed 'microphone' & breaks in song, without warning several times each day :H

bear, I'm so happy to hear you are learning to control the negative thinking. That was a really big thing for me too!! That was a bad, bad habit I picked up in conjunction with a fall into the depression pit where the river of wine ran through
          Keep working on the self-care aspect, it really helps!

Just love the chick pic Mick!!!
          I happen to have 32 little anarchists on my hands right now :H
          They run around like crazy when I enter the chicken house but quiet down quickly when they realize I am going to replenish their feeder.
          My aunt & my Mom were both WW II era nurses with lots of stories to tell. I only wish my Mom had lived as long as her sister. There is one surviving sister whose husband has just entered a nursing home. I hope she's not feeling too lonely now, her kids are pretty close.

Hello Ms Turnagain! So very nice to see you, glad to hear you are doing well!

I need to feed these drooling dogs then get myself to Curves.
          Have a lovely day everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

Gorgeous sunrise over the lake here in the Windy City. Of course, it's below freezing and I don't want to go out and frost my pumpkins just yet. Wishing you all a joyful day. Life is good.
            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

MAE Fabbies!

Thanks for the kickoff, TT. I'll just put on the water for my own tea, thank you. Good on you for picking the apple over the carrot cake. I hope you save room for a little treat. It was great to talk about and understand why we're all here, and I hope some of the other people continue to post periodically. And YOU started all that my dear. It is nice to know that so many drop by for a lurk! :H I do that I ALWAYS do, even on those days when I don't post. It is such a part of my routine!

How are you today, Mick? I'm glad that your finger is getting better bit by bit. Oh, and don't thank us for the weather. We're more than happy to share! Oh, and to me, your cat looks like the cat that swallowed the canary--literally!

I've got to say that I feel depressed with the shorter days and cold. I don't feel down as far as my mood is concerned. My mood is fine. But the cold and short days just are such a downer. Once we get to the solstice, I start to perk up because I know the days will start getting longer, and then I REALLY start to perk up in February. But I want to just hibernate from the end of October through mid-February. Maybe I'll get a light box now that I have a little money! $$$ $$$

Turn, it is great to see you again! I'm glad that life is going well for you, and I hope you can pop in periodically and keep us posted.

Keep up the good work, bear! You are rocking it!

I bet your chicks are like the avian equivalent of a bunch of 13-year-olds, Lav! I bet they are very cute and into everything. How are they liking their new digs now that it is getting colder? Are they completely feathered out yet? How did you survive your day yesterday? I hope you have a more balanced day today!

Anyway, I have an easy day today, but I have to get my butt in gear and go winterize my garden, or I'll end up paying them to do it for me. Yuck!

The drama in my family is still going on, but I'm less involved. Next week is a custody hearing, and I hope my niece gets to live where she feels best. She is in 11th grade, and it certainly is a rough time to have to be where you don't want to be. I am so glad to be 300 miles away from the difficulties, since there isn't much I can do anyway. So much for dysfunctional families. Ugh!

Anyway, onward and upward. Gotta get ready for work.

Hugs to all!

:l
              YahYah
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

Lavande;1573365 wrote:

They run around like crazy when I enter the chicken house but quiet down quickly when they realize I am going to replenish their feeder.
                Lav, I thought your sentence was going to end up as ... when they realise I'm going to tell them a story. :H

Happy AF Friday, all.
                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

Hi - day 13 today - I get my days wrong...
                  I just posted somewhere else as to how different I am feeling this time - this does not feel like a fight, and I am not enjoying my successes...I feel really blue....sad and weepy for a few days, now just exhausted...wish I was feeling some joy....
                  I am headng in here more than I thought I would just to be reminded of the good reasons I am doing this....
                  Mick, I am 51 and a half, in process of divorce with two teenage girls - trying to start over in so many ways and have a great life.....big goals for sure, and a lot to right - but looking forward to life on the other site....
                  Not wanting to be a downer here, just looking to see if anyone has thoughts for me? Sun is shining here in N Ca, so can't blame the lack of Vit D....
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

SL, it just takes some time, I know it did for me. You can't fix everything in 2 weeks but you have a great start. Keep moving forward & you'll see. I swear by the Hypno CDs, they helped change my thinking

Dream, I don't tell stories to my chickens but I do tell a lot of stories about them :H :H

Yes, YahYah, I have the equivalent of 32 teenagers in the chicken house right now
                    Just grateful they aren't throwing parties & asking for the car keys :H
                    I hope your niece can get settled soon, that's a real shame for her.

Greetings I'm Strong & any lurkers!

I just made some roasted butternut squash soup for dinner - non-dairy of course.
                    Now I need to get going with the costume pieces I promised my grandsons for Halloween.

I just read that there's a 'new' type of stink bug working it's way up from Georgia & points south.
                    Just what we need, another stink bug invasion!
                    They are smaller & greenish in color than the ones we've been dealing with for the past decade. Swell
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

Thanks Lav - maybe it is time I tried the hyno CD's...
                      Thanks TT as well for tomorrows advice, it is nice seeing into the future - I had missed your post, I will need to go back and look for it...
                      Well, after being so pathetic this morning, I decided to get off my butt and move a bit - did the grocery shop, and bought a wee bunch flowers and some chocolates (I know I should avoid sugar, but right now feeling like whatever it takes...) - the goofy thing was that I thought twice and thrice about buying as they were "expensive" - chepaer than the dang wine I would have not even stopped for a nanosecond to consider!!!
                      Ok - put my green dot on the calendar for today and it is non erasable, so getting rid of the drowning my sorrows thoughts (saw somewhere that sorrows just float, so pointless drowning them - think it was on someones signature line - that has stayed on my mind )
                      TGIF.....

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

Hiya SL.....you hang on in there the sun will shine for you again..we are here for you too ,although all we can do is support you...take care ..you and the weans..or should I say teenies !!!:l
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

SL, we're all here for you. If you need to cry, cry. If you let yourself feel what you need to now, the joy will come when it is supposed to. If you are getting divorced, why do you expect to feel good, even with stopping drinking? Even if divorce is the absolute right thing to do, it still hurts. Anyway, sending hugs, honey. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep trying to do one nice thing for yourself each day.

:l
                          YahYah
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

scottish lass;1573470 wrote: Hi - day 13 today - I get my days wrong...
                            I just posted somewhere else as to how different I am feeling this time - this does not feel like a fight, and I am not enjoying my successes...I feel really blue....sad and weepy for a few days, now just exhausted...wish I was feeling some joy....
                            I am headng in here more than I thought I would just to be reminded of the good reasons I am doing this....
                            Mick, I am 51 and a half, in process of divorce with two teenage girls - trying to start over in so many ways and have a great life.....big goals for sure, and a lot to right - but looking forward to life on the other site....
                            Not wanting to be a downer here, just looking to see if anyone has thoughts for me? Sun is shining here in N Ca, so can't blame the lack of Vit D....

:angel:"PPP"
                            :angel:

Positive P's on the way SL. I was 55, going through a horrendous divorce and ended up moving in with my two 20+ son's. I was totally lost and scared for my future. That's when the drinking got waaayyy out of hand, I just wanted to hide from life. That's when I found MWO and my new family. I couldn't face dealing with everything so I decided to face dealing with my drinking. The beauty of MWO is everyone know's exactly what you mean when you say/type something. I have non-AL support people and although they try, they just don't get it. I think the exhaustion is a result of all the changes you are making and almost 2 weeks without AL is awakening those dead brain cells. You know the old saying "take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves" I think it also applies to the mess we end up in as a result of our drinking. I really feel "take care of the drinking and life will take care of itself". Once I got sober I needed to do something with myself so wandered into the community centre to check out volunteering opportunities and was offered a job. I haven't looked back. I am really enjoying my life and feel really good about myself. Keep heading back here cause the positive support you get will really help confirm what you are doing.

Big shout out to everyone else and :hallo: to the new posters. Will try and post more regularly as I think I'm over the "crazy, busy" time at work.

Mick, I found a new keyboard for you.....

Comment

Friday AF 25 October

YAH - I think a good cry would do the world of good, but for some reason even though feeling weepy, i just have not managed to have a good bawl.
                              I just checked back in as I have just dropped girls off at their old school harvest festival - they wanted to be "bug" girls, so didn't wnat me to hang with them - and this is a first! So, all alone on a Friday evening - has not happened for at least a year - and guess where my head went! Poured a ribena with fizzy water and signed on here for a pep talk, and found such lovely messages. Thanks so much Mick and YAH. And P's - just what I needed, your timing is perfect - ribena (ps a treat as they don't sell it over here...) with a side of P's...
                              So, will sit here nicely and hope the weans are behaving appropriately....and, I will be sober to go pick them up when they have had their fill of fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X