Onward October - week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onward October - week 4

Hi everyone, its been a long time since I posted. I see several new folks and many of the same lovely people. I think I last posted almost a year ago. But I am not sure. Since I left, I stayed AF, and its been 2 and a half years now, well more actually. I think about it sometimes, but I never act on it. I firmly believe some people are genetically predisposed to alcoholism, some are not at all, and some are somewhere in between. I am one of the in betweeners, I think. I do not in any way regret quitting, of course. I appreciate the clarity of thinking, aging gracefully in health, the extra money saved, the lack of recrimination, the eveness of my temperment and the knowledge that there is no benefit to alcohol when whatever benefit it may have comes with a much larger price for people like me. I've come back here to let some of you who cared know I am fine, and think of everyone often, and hope any of us who struggle still can free themselves. If I can do it, anyone can. All the best. Love, kas.
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Onward October - week 4

Well ~ would you look at what the cat dragged in!
      So wonderful to see you here again Kat
      You have been missed but I feel so fortunate being able to follow you on Facebook & to see your marvelous pictures! Congrats on your continued AF time ~ great!!!
      Stick around if you can & thank you for dealing with my obnoxious little brother on FB. He has been a quiet one ever since

Dill, not a single kid has come to my door on Halloween in the ten years I've been here. Not surprised you have had the same thing happen in your neck of cow country
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Onward October - week 4

Good morning to all...

Hi Kaslo, sure is nice to hear from you. Want you to know that you are missed. I loved your pictures but even more the stories you shared, your feelings and support. Good to know you are doing well.

Well, the rain started last night and it is going to rain all day and night so Halloween may be a washout. But, you never know. I am hoping that as the sun sets, the rain stops for just a bit, and it will be a perfect night for some trick or treating, misty, warmer, kind of spooky, that anticipation in the air. We'll see.

Dill, hope you had fun at your lunch.

Lav, you are getting all the good weather right now. Your grandsons probably had a wonderful time.

Hello to all.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Onward October - week 4

Good morning friends,

Thick fog out there this morning, can't see my neighbors, may be just as well :H

Happy Halloween everyone!
          Boy were the kids ever excited last evening at the Halloween parade in town. I've lived out here for 10 years but never bothered to go up & watch the parade. It's a big deal, especially for the kids who live near me where there is no trick or treating. EB was literally screaming with delight :H
          The boys ended up riding on a hay wagon pulled by one of the fire trucks, very cute

I see the Red Sox won last night - that explains papmom's hysteria on Facebook last night :H

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a safe & AF Halloween for everyone!
          Grateful to be alive & well to enjoy the small things!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Onward October - week 4

Good Morning Friends,

YAY....some new people, and some old threadmates like Kaslo have popped in for a visit. Please, all of you, stay awhile! Our little thread is shrinking.

Kaslo-thank you for coming back to see us. Congratulations on all your AF time and your revitalized life.:goodjob: I hope your career continues to be rewarding and challenging....it came in handy when you spoke up for Lav on FB. She sure drew the short straw when it came to brothers and we were all happy that you put her brother in his proper place. Hopefully now, all Lav will hear from him is silence.

Dream-OMG that dish you made sounds heavenly. Would you care to post in The Recipe Corner Forum here at MWO....if I'm nice and I beg? I plead guilty to one count of ignorance in that I had never heard of aubergines, but I know now, though. I have never been to South Africa, but my brother went to Senegal for the first time and he absolutely loved it! One of my work colleagues goes to South Africa on an annual basis and he loves the beauty of it, the food, the culture. His laptop screensavers are all pics from his trips to S.A.

Dill-I hope you had a relaxing lunch with your friend. Did you find a babysitter to help you out? How is Mr. D. at taking care of your grandchildren? Is he helpful?

Cyn-Great job on giving notice!!! When is your last day? I hope your sinus/ear infection does not keep you down for long.

Corgi/Witts-I laughed when you said you could have waited to become a great-grandmother!:H But just think how you will amaze people with your youthfulness.

Star-hardwood flooring....how lovely. It will look fabulous when it's all done. I didn't know you fell last spring. Did you need medical attention? I am glad you haven't felt any physical consequences other than scars. Our weather has been cloudy/rainy here too all week but I am relieved, because I am so focused on my work, that if it were sunny outside,

Lav-wow, 13 years since the horrendous fall down your stairwell. I remember you saying you had bleeding on the brain....you were in ICU. Do you have residual effects like changes in your speech or fine motor skills? I am so glad you had fun at the Halloween parade. I can just imagine your grandson squealing with delight on the hay wagon, and you were able to watch it, and remember the whole thing.

I am busy with work today but first, a hard work out! I hope everyone has a wonderful AF Thursday.

Comment

Onward October - week 4

MAE all
              Cloudy, windy, can't decide whether it's raining or not. couple of drops, then nothing, then some more, then more nothing ... I have to go to the shops, but too lazy to get the car out. Will wait a while and see what happens.

Dill, what did the meat turned into last night? And the lunch?

Rusty, you probably know aubergines as eggplant/ egg fruit. You don't have to beg for the recipe: it's nothing more than a bit of this and a bit of that: canola oil, worcestershire sauce, chilli sherry, mustard all mixed together and just poured over everything. Chilli sherry you can make yourself (depending on how you feel about cooking with Al: pour sherry (use the sweet, cheap kind) into a glas jar with a widish mouth, add a couple of red chillies, and let stand for a while; the longer it stands, the hotter it becomes. Yes, I'm privileged to live here - but I guess everybody feels that way about their own country. I wish I could kick myself into getting some exercise, if only a walk in the am or pm.

Please post some Halloween pics, everybody?
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Onward October - week 4

Good morning to all...

Lav, what a great parade, sounds like you had fun too!!

Rusty, yes I fell actually in the summer, went down in the parking lot after work, on my left arm and left leg resulting in cuts, aches, and feeling scared. I am sooooo careful know when I walk out with my arms full!!! Glad you are busy and productive, but exercise first.

Dreamthinkdo, I love eggplant, your recipe gave me an idea on what to make for dinner tonight. Thanks. I love where I live too, the fall colors were spectacular yesterday. I think it is peak week here, the most colorful week of the year.

Had a wonderful Halloween, set up a card table, candy, Halloween music on my Iphone, and hundreds of kids for two hours. The rain just stopped as I had hoped it would, before it came back right about 8. Ate too much candy, but will dump it today. Enough is enough.

Busy day for me, hope you all have a wonderful AF day.
                Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Onward October - week 4

Good morning friends & TGIF

No sun here, rain & the threat of severe thunder storms. Maybe that's why I'm moving like a slug

Rusty, it took years to get myself together after that fall but I think I got everything back :H
                  Did I ever mention that I lost my sense of smell & taste for a full year afterwards? I can't even begin to explain how difficult it is to swallow anything (even your favorite foods) when you can't taste anything. It was a bizarre experience, a result from having the nerves in my head cut during the surgery. It started to come back a good year later but it really took a while.

Star, glad you had some Halloween fun too! I love seeing the kids so excited!!!

Greetings to Dill, cyn, DTD, Witts, Kaslo & papmom if you are lurking!
                  Now I need to decide if I want to try to get out to Curves during this fierce weather - I don't know yet!
                  Have a great AF Friday everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                  X