Friday nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday nights

Do Friday nights get easier? I had my first Friday night last night and it was really hard mentally. I kept thinking maybe I could moderate after all, which is not what I want to do.

Any feedback welcome. I'd like to think that it does get easier with time.

Doo

PS I succeeded and didn't have a drink but just want to hear that it gets easier.
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Friday nights

I know it's hard right now because it's in the earliest of stages & you almost feel like you don't know what to do with yourself. Of course alcohol comes to mind. Eventually it does get easier because you will see that Friday nights & alcohol don't have to co-exist. Instead you will find so many other things to do then drinking on a Friday night. It's almost midnight here(Fri) & I just finished reading/posting & had so much to do tonight that alcohol didn't even enter the noggin'.

Hang in there!

p.s. Hope you're having fun at your sister's.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Friday nights

Oh-forgot to add....Great job!
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Friday nights

it does get a lot easier with time.....in my case i had to have at least 70-80 af days before it stopped bothering me...........having said that i've done over 100 days and the time has past fairly quickly,,,,,i know it sounds such a long time, but it's not really....the first 30 days seemed the longest...sunday used to be my worst day,,,,,.mayge because it was my only gauranteed day off as i work strange shifts...............anyhoo just be patient and give it time..........IT DOES GET BETTER, BELEIVE ME

DAVY

Comment

Friday nights

It does!

I promise! Once other things are in place instead then, as Seabreez says, 'it doesn't enter into the noggin'. There will be tugs but new routines and habits will take their place. So hang in there, have patience as Davy says (over 100 days! Brilliant!) and you'll find what helps get you through.

Last night after a sh*tty week I went for a run and then headed to the spa for saunas, steam baths, plunge pools, bubbles - was so relaxed by the time I got home and then spent a couple of hours on here And a great feeling waking up this morning!

Your determination is fantastic, and the thought you put into the process is great, so keep your goal in sight and you'll do it - and it DOES get easier... :h
          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
          Goals:
          Days 1-7 DONE
          Days 8-14 DONE
          Days 15-21 DONE
          30 days DONE
          60 days
          100 days

Comment

Friday nights

I must say, too, that it gets easier. You just have to reorganise yourself a bit. At first, I keep myself busy. Even at the beginning it helps having 'earlier' Friday nights (meaning hitting the sack at 10 pm) helps. I know that sucks for some, but frankly it helps at the beginning. Especially when you're dealing with withdrawings and you're on medication, you're shot anyways.
            Paddy
            Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Friday nights

Thank you!
              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Friday nights

Hi Scooby,
                Fridays do get easier to handle if , like Paddy says, you organise your spare time and stay busy. Now that it's a bit lighter at night, I've taken to doing a bit of gardening. I've started to stay up later on Fridays recently. I'm usually in bed by 10:00pm, but I've found that my wife actually enjoys my company more on a Friday night now, so I'll stay up a bit later and watch a DVD and get to bed around midnight. Others might find that boring, but I'd take a quiet Friday over a drunken one every time now.

Comment

Friday nights

Monday 23rd April

Good day everyone.
                  Well, it's Monday again and I've another week of 200 mile commutes to look forward too. Still, it could be worse. I could be driving.
                  I had a nice, quiet (sober) weekend. I walked over to myy daughter's house yesterday with my dog and spent a happy couple of hours with her and her daughter. She's five and a half months old and is an absolute joy. My wife was at work all weekend unfortunately, but next week she has Sunday off so we're going to climb a mountain together. (Ben Vorlich...3094 ft.) I'm looking forward to that.
                  Have a great week friends.

Comment

Working...
                  X