Sunday27th Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday27th Oct

mae ...just a quick start...clockswent back last night...its 4.55 am so there you go...off out in a bit so wont be a long post..how is yawl ok I hope ..weather is absolutely in weather forecast terms shit ...blowing and raining

Quick cuppa ....any early birds want some?

Morning Sf ..you ok....yes I agree with you ...work isnt for killing you ...but on the other hand there are so many scroungers around waiting for handouts ....and now it seems it is their God given right at the hand of those who actually do work.I suspect America is no different than here and everyone muppet who has a sad tale gets a freebie!!!grrr dont start me on that one!! anyway hows your weekend?

Hi Lav ...too early for a cuppa?or are you up sewing?well today should be a fun packer for you.......Miss Lily ...whats she into ....apart from everything?at least its a break from Thomas the tank

Hiya bear ..you ok? doing well keep it up :goodjob:

Det hos you mate ...good job ..you dont need the bevvy mate...just think you could be like one of the ones you are watching ....see how they feel today!!!stay strong .

Hiya Sunshine ..how are you ....?glad to see you on here ...complete with velcro...So what have you been up to ?

Hello upside downy person ....hows you today?reckon its about mid afternoon where you are ..Had a good weekend?

right folks ...just like moi ...short n sweet ...so time to go ..have a good one

Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to... unless your in prison

Five year old Little Johnny was lost, so he went up to a policeman and said, "I've lost my dad!" The policeman said, "What's he like?" Little Johnny replied, "Beer and women!"

A little boy was attending his first wedding. After the service, his cousin asked him, "How many women can a man marry?" "Sixteen," the boy responded. His cousin was amazed that he had an answer so quickly. "How do you know that?" "Easy," the little boy said. "All you have to do is add it up, like the Bishop said: 4 better, 4 worse, 4 richer, 4 poorer"

A blonde and a lawyer are seated next to each other on a flight from LA to NY. The lawyer asks if she would like to play a fun game? The blonde, tired, just wants to take a nap, politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks. The lawyer persists and explains that the game is easy and a lot of fun. He explains, "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5.00, and vice versa. " Again, she declines and tries to get some sleep. The lawyer, now agitated, says, "Okay, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5.00, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500.00." This catches the blonde's attention and, figuring there will be no end to this torment unless she plays, agrees to the game. The lawyer asks the first question. "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" The blonde doesn't say a word, reaches into her purse, pulls out a $5.00 bill and hands it to the lawyer. "Okay" says the lawyer, "your turn." She asks the lawyer, "What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four legs?" The lawyer, puzzled, takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references, no answer. He taps into the air phone with his modem and searches the net and the library of congress, no answer. Frustrated, he sends e-mails to all his friends and coworkers, to no avail. After an hour, he wakes the blonde, and hands her $500.00. The blonde says, "Thank you," and turns back to get some more sleep. The lawyer, who is more than a little miffed, wakes the blonde and asks, "Well, what's the answer?" Without a word, the blonde reaches into her purse, hands the lawyer $5.00, and goes back to sleep. And you thought blondes were dumb.

A doctor asks a patient while examining her: How many sex partners did you have? 5 or 6, don't remember exactly.. Hmm, not that many... Yes, that wasn't the most successful weekend.

Mommy," Little Johnny asked, "do all fairy tales begin with 'Once upon a time'?" "No, dear," she replied. "Sometimes they start with 'Darling, I'll be working late at the office tonight...'"

As we stood in formation at the Pensacola Naval Air Station, our Flight Instructor said, ?All right! All you dummies fall out.? As the rest of the squad wandered away, I remained at attention. The instructor walked over until he was eye-to-eye with me, and then just raised a single eyebrow. I smiled and said, ?Sure was a lot of ?em, huh sir??

Q: How do you stop a lawyer from drowning?
    A: Shoot him before he hits the water.

Boy: ?I got an F in arithmetic.? Father: ?Why?? Boy: ?The teacher asked ?How much is 2?3?? and I said ?6′? Father: ?But that?s right!? Boy: ?Then she asked me ?How much is 3?2??? Father: ?What?s the fucking difference?? Boy: ?That?s exactly what I said!?

A Mexican bandit made a specialty of crossing the Rio Grande from time to time and robbing banks in Texas. The banks offered a reward for his capture, dead or alive, but offered a much larger award for the recovery of the stolen funds. An enterprising Texas Ranger decided to track him down. After a long and difficult search, he traced the bandit to his home town. On a hunch, he checked the town's cantina, and sure enough, there was the robber. The only other people in the bar were the bartender and a scrawny, older man at a back table. The time was right to make a move. The ranger drew his revolver, charged into the cantina, and announced: "You are under arrest. I get a reward for you, dead or alive. Tell me where the money is, and I'll let you live. If you don't, I'll shoot you right here, and save myself the trouble of having to take you back to Texas alive." But the bandit didn't speak English, and the Ranger didn't speak Spanish. As it turned out, the scrawny man at the back of the bar happenedd to be a lawyer. He knew the robber, and was bilingual, and quickly offered to translate for the two of them. The ranger said: "Tell him that if he doesn't tell me where the loot is, I'll shoot him here and now." Upon hearing what the Ranger had said, and seeing the cold look in his eye, the bandit knew that the Ranger meant it - if he did not give up his loot, he was a dead man. Terrified, the bandit blurted out in Spanish that the loot was buried in an old barn at the outskirts of town. "What did he say?" asked the Ranger. The lawyer answered: "He said, 'You don't have the nerve to shoot me, Yankee swine.'"

Can I help you? No. I just waited in the line for 30 minutes to say Hi.

The reason the Air Force, Army, Navy and Marines bicker amongst themselves is that they don?t speak the same language. For instance, Take the simple phrase ?secure the building?. The Army will post guards around the place. The Navy will turn out the lights and lock the doors. The Marines will kill everybody inside and set up a headquarters. The Air Force will take out a 5 year lease with an option to buy.

Teacher asks children, what do you wish to do in future? Jimmy: I want to be a pilot. Willy: I want to be a doctor. Mary: I want to be a good mother. Little Johnny: I want to help Mary.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Sunday27th Oct

Morning Mick and everyone - woke up at 7am new time today - have cleaned bathroom and pushed some of my to do bits to tomorrow evening.
    I am off to body balance in a bit,it's a combo of yoga and pilates. I am considering again reversing my cancellation of my expensive gym membership - think I will go ahead with it this time and re-join later if I want to. I haven't been using it (once a month and it's ?70 a month) BUT am now thinking of it for managing mood and anxiety which will get me in there.

My gym has nice pool,lovely well equipped gym and tonnes of classes and is 5 mins away.I am looking at using less well equipped,but equally local gym on pay as you go and university exercise classes - should save about ?30 a month.
    We'll see how it goes.

I should be at rollerderby training this am but I fancy a lazy day with few commitments - as it is we are off to DIY shop to buy shelves and then friends over later. I can't go to next mid week skate session and it all feels very bitty/not done knee strengthening exercises so I can't do full contact.
    In my head I miss it,miss the people, but then feel upset that I'm getting behind/not as part of group/huge time drain it is to attend fully cos I'm not there so it makes it harder to go.Vicious circle? It was taking over my life though so I need to get happy with the middle ground attendance and add in other exercise.

I have spent ?55 on amazon this weekend on books about anxiety/low self esteem - think that's enough.Had a lovely lazy evening,magazines,cats,dvd, in bed by 11 last night and then I couldn't sleep properly until OH came back about 2am.

Have enjoyed being lazy, and sense of getting bit more organised with more sober time - I'm much more aware of what I am spending and planning cooking,cleaning house, even if it doesn't 100% go to plan it's progress. It's day 37 which is the longest sober run I have had in a very long time, maybe over a year.It's nice to feel like I am breaking free (not yet free) of binge drinking/resulting anxiety/unhealthy disorganised life.

Det - stay safe - you can do this, good you sought support rather than jump back in. Playing the tape to the end has helped me recently, and thinking this is a temporary feeling which will end.

Have a lovely chilled Sunday everyone.
    one day at a time

Comment

Sunday27th Oct

Good morning Abbers,

I'm about ready to go get my granddaughter for the day, yay!
      She's a very busy & intense little girl - wonder where she gets that from? :H :H

Mick, bear & everyone - have a great AF Sunday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sunday27th Oct

morning Lav - good luck with the small one!

I've made a decision to keep my expensive gym going and really work at going 3 times a week, if I do that it's only ten pounds more a month/even potentially less depending on which pay as you go classes I was to do.

Bear mission - gym classes x 3 weekly - body balance today and spinning tomorrow,something else on Thursday. I feel so much calmer and stretched and I have definitely found my core muscles again!

Got my bag ready to go straight from work tomorrow.Happy Sunday everyone - I'm
        enjoying my post exercise high and wondering why it's taken me so long.I think I made it into a 'must' or a 'should do' - rather than thinking I enjoy exercise (which I do) and focusing on the effect it has on my mood.
        one day at a time

Comment

Sunday27th Oct

Morning Abbers... I forgot: What does MAE stand for again?
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sunday27th Oct

How do all
            got up kinda late today, had a great evening seeing my fiddle teacher playing and then popped off to buddy's house and visited till late. Just catching up and playing some tunes. I can't tell you enough how good it feels to do these late night endeavors and not feel like crap the next morning! Just got to remember that feeling the next time temptation rares its ugly head.

Off to my day, hope you all enjoy yours'
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sunday27th Oct

MAE= Morning, Afternoon, Evening!

Sam, glad you enjoyed your late night. I beat you out of bed by a few minutes, I think! It is good to be able to have fun without al, doesn't it?

Det, hang in there, buddy! I know the temptation you face isn't easy, but it is so worth facing it down. You are so wonderful when you aren't drinking. I hope today finds you happy and hangover free, my friend. I know you have the strength, and I'm glad you posted and talked to DX.

bear, you sound great. It isn't always easy to figure out the best path to take, but you sound like you're working things out. Your dedication to finding your way is an inspiration, and I'm happy for you that you have a good AF stint to be proud of. Keep it up, friend. You sound like a force to be reckoned with when working out!

Okay, Lav, hope you have a great day with your intense little one.

Hi Sunshine, welcome back to Absland! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

I had a nice sleep in this morning. We don't turn our clocks back until next weekend. Last night was our Halloween dance. It was fun, but today is football and (of course) paperwork. Looking forward to a drama-free day!

Make it a good one, all!

:l
              YahYah

Oops, forgot my Mick! Happy trails, my man! Have a good one!
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday27th Oct

Oh right! Thanks Yah(Yah)!

Lav, you still keeping up with Miss Lily?
                I think I'll have hurricane Landen here tomorrow afternoon It gives me great pleasure to watch my son scratch his head and pull his hair out.. oh sweet revenge :H
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sunday27th Oct

My day with the one & only Lily was fun
                  Pleasant, agreeable & tear-free all day for both of us :H :H

bear, glad to hear some important things are falling into place for you!

Sunni, have a fantastic granny day tomorrow!!
                  It is kind of wonderful seeing your kids get back the same BS they gave us

Hi Sam, nice to hear you are fiddling around AF :H

YahYah, were you immersed in football today?

Det, hope all is going well for you!

Good night all.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X