Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 23rd April. (St. George's Day)

Good day everyone.
    Well, it's Monday again and I've another week of 200 mile commutes to look forward too. Still, it could be worse. I could be driving.
    I had a nice, quiet (sober) weekend. I walked over to myy daughter's house yesterday with my dog and spent a happy couple of hours with her and her daughter. She's five and a half months old and is an absolute joy. My wife was at work all weekend unfortunately, but next week she has Sunday off so we're going to climb a mountain together. (Ben Vorlich...3094 ft.) I'm looking forward to that.

Have a great week friends.

Hey Paul, glad you had a sober one buddy, happy monday. Kim
    Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Hi Kim.
      It's nice to hear from you.

Comment

Hi Popeye -

Sounds like a lovely, peaceful weekend for you before another week of long commutes - although not fun, I hope you can get some good reading time!

The mountains must be especially beautiful at this time, depending a little, I suppose, on the Scottish weather -what's it like at the moment? And how's the vegetable patch doing?? How lovely to have your grandaughter so close . My children missed out on that wonderful relationship a bit as we've lived abroad while they've been growing up - seeing Grandma and Grandpa only once or twice a year isn't quite the same...

Kim, have a great one - and wishing all to come a good, happy start to this next AF week!
        Warmest wishes,
        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
        Goals:
        Days 1-7 DONE
        Days 8-14 DONE
        Days 15-21 DONE
        30 days DONE
        60 days
        100 days

Comment

Good morning Popeye, Boycie, Ariel and all the ABeroos to come. seems the ABs board is getting some extra action this morning with a few extra threads. Looks like were infectious! Got some badly needed rain here in the desert so I didn't have to water the yard or fix the sprinklers and drippers yet. Be well everyone
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hiya all,

Been trying my best to moderate recently and at times it is do-able...Latley though i've let myself get complacent...I think it's time for the short sharp shock treatment...I know i need at least a month alcahol free...I'm gonna give it a go and do my best..And hopefully after a month i might have the momentum to keep going...I hope so...I know half the battle is being in the right frame of mind..

Anyhooow...Ding Ding...Round 1

:l Macks..................Day 1
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Morning All!

Aah-Spring is finally here on the East coast-hitting the 80 degree mark today!

Crazy week for me too. Also getting ready for 2 consecutive birthday parties this weekend(one is my son's) both which I would normally "sneak" drink because of my huge trigger-the phony "in-law family". Oh how they luv to hear themselves talk & boast & well me being the "known loser alcoholic" well-you know how I feel around them. I would always feel inferior and this time no more! I always feel uncomfortable because they know of my problem & they have suspected in the past they I have sneaked (they really label alcoholics). They are just not nice people. Very, very phony. This time I'm not drinking for me & my family.

Pop-I'm sure that tushy gets sore from that ride (LOL)!

Hi Kim & Ariel!

Have a great Monday Everyone!
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Geez-I got winded in my post....and missed you guys
                Hi Deter & Mack (you can do it-stick with us)!
                :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

hello everyone, had a quiet wkend which was what i wanted. Feel a bit strange today reallly. But happy, so im not complaining. Have a good day today. Love Bella xxxx

Comment

Hiya Bella,

Mrs Macks informs me congratulations are in order...I'm really happy for you...Take it easy eh
                    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Hi Bella.
                      Happy's good. Look after yourself.
                      Macks. Glad you're back mate.

Comment

Hi Popeye, just wondering how SweetPea is doing now she's home?

L
                        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
                        X