thu 31 0ct AF daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thu 31 0ct AF daily

Happy Halloween everyone, not doing anything to celebrate - may buy some sweets to deter kids from throwing stuff at my house - tho in the last few years it's been dead!

Today is day 41 - still can't believe it. Not thinking about booze atm and have arranged to see my team play Saturday, and lift share home and skip after party. Friday am seeing a friend,who is drinking BUT I am driving to hers for food/takeaway. TBH she usually drinks too much wine so that won't tempt me.

I am travelling to another office today so I have a long journey ahead of me - about 90 minutes usually.More training but with a few gaps so I can do some work inbetween.

TT - like the point yesterday about people maybe not wanting to carry on hanging out with me if I keep drinking.

SF - the alcoholic/alcohol abuse issue is interesting isn't it - I think whatever helps you to deal with it is fine.I agree many are dealing with alcohol now before it becomes a bigger problem - that's what I'm trying to do.Can be tricky as the really really bad consequences I am avoiding are possibilities in the future that haven't yet happened. The word alcoholic makes me think of HAVING TO quit forever personally and I come up with the ' I'm not that bad' stuff - yet. Alcohol abuse or problem drinking is easier as focus is on changing my behaviour,rather than thinking there is something permanently 'wrong' with me and it feels more possible. I like Soberistas book as it is practical and inspiring yet doesn't deal with moderation either. Whatever works - we're all different.

PPQ - my triggers are all round social events,the more I do sober,the more I can prove to myself that it is possible.The benefits alcohol gave me socially are partly fantasy anyway - I felt anxious and awkward when drinking,and sometimes went further into myself.Then if I got more drunk I felt self conscious of that and worried that I'd made a fool of myself.

Only just realised I am losing my 'cover' today of being AF for October for charity.
    I am going to say to people that I am aiming for another month as I am trying to get fit to get fit and ready to go back to rollerderby. Partly true!

Have a great day
    one day at a time

thu 31 0ct AF daily

MAE ebeerybuddy and how are we today then? all ok dokey on sober strasse? right lets get on ..out again today ...was out yesterday ...and then the rains came overnight..really hammered it down.

Tea coffee n beetlejuice available on this Hallowed evening!!

Morning bear ...well done on 40 days ...thats absolutely brill.As for being pissed off and left out,yep we all went through that one ...how am I ever going to enjoy myself again when I cant drink ,I aint normal ..blah blah...then one day you will think ..wow whats the big deal.You seem to put yourself under a lot of unnecessary pressure ..especially with work issues, needing approval..be honest with yourself here ..is the work issue because when you do something you need to be praised...or is it because you need support through lack of confidence and think you are going to screw up?There is a slight difference there..but truly..if there were issues,do you not think that one of your line mangers would have pulled you on it? do you get appraisals? if so what do they say?I honestly think you are beating yourself up over nothing...

Hiya ppqp...hat trick time ..sod em 3 in a row posts!!!!!How are you doing ?pretty good by the sound of it ..boss taking you all out to dinner ..cant be bad!!

Morning Lav ...and how are you today?How did the parade go?did the rain stay off and the kids ride on their dads fire truck?..my sick sense of humour ...but bet they are made up their dad wasnt a funeral director!!!

Oh ho so Mr Roosters life depends on his attitude ? If we ever meet ...better remember my "p"s and"q" s !!!!Here is a large coffee for you maam grovel grovel!!!!you have a great day.

Hiya sunshine hows you today??ok I hope anything for today plans etc?whatever it is have a good one.

Hiya Sam ..you ok? sounds like you are having a grand time..Is this deed hunting for a purpose or just an interest?

Hiya Det ...fistly let me say well done on makin it home ,despite the onset of a possible trauma and severe illness....secondly men dont do colds ...WE GET FLU!!! and as such need loadsa tlc .and looking after.Feel free to cut that bit out and show it to your other half!!

Hiya TT ...hows the fum?getting better?how did the meal go? hope you enjoyed it.

Hiya SF...hows you today? yep some days are like that ...graft like mad and nowt to show for it..all part of lifes party ...at the moment with me its my weight...from 11 st 3 up to 11 7.....not eating crap, but its because I am doing a lot of work,its muscling up on my arms and legs!!despite drinking about 5 litres of water a day...so thats annoying me...apart from that hey lifes great..as for the dressing up crap??hmmmm with you on that one.
    Interesting about the labels you put on it..you hear all sorts of labels ,and mitigatory statements .alcholic alky drunk arsehole bevvy merchant plonky,and all the abusive ones.Then you get "likes a drink ",mind you only at weekends, doesnt drink during the week ,drinks to relax ,chills with a beer or two...and we actually label people on an individual basis..heres an example..unkempt drunken man /woman talking loudly and laughing sitting on the pavement..describe In a restaurant /hotel, well dressed man or woman talking laughing loudly..describe

Hiya SL...how are you doing?well done on your 26 days in October ..last day today ..make it twenny seven..

Pauly how are you doing ..jump in let us know.

As for your halloween with your mate....yep bit early days but ,no reason why you cant do it again ..take it apart ..what did you enjoy? giving out the sweets,the atmosphere, the craic with your mate, the booze?ok thats 4 things so do the other 3 things depend on bevvy? doubtful,.....

righty ho time to go..have a great day ...and in the spirit of Halloween ..here you go.

sheeit..just checked bear has just posted ..will need to put this on it ..hiya bear well done on 41

Martin had just received his brand new drivers license. The family troops out to the driveway, and climbs in the car, where he is going to take them for a ride for the first time. Dad immediately heads for the back seat, directly behind the newly minted driver. "I'll bet you're back there to get a change of scenery after all those months of sitting in the front passenger seat teaching me how to drive," says the beaming boy to his father. "Nope," comes dad's reply, "I'm gonna sit here and kick the back of your seat as you drive, just like you've been doing to me all these years."

A doctor told his patient that his test results indicated that she had a rare disease and had only six months to live. "That's such a short amount of time, doctor. Isn't there anything I can do?" pleaded the patient. "Marry a lawyer," the doctor advised. "It will be the longest six months of your life."

While my brother-in-law was tapping away on his home computer, his ten-year-old daughter sneaked up behind him. Then she turned and ran into the kitchen, squealing to the rest of the family: "I know Daddy's password! I know Daddy's password!" "What is it?" her sisters asked eagerly. Proudly she replied: "Asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, asterisk!"

To the surprise of the boss, the small voice whispered, "No.". Wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your mommy there?" "Yes," came the answer. "May I talk with her?" Again the small voice whispered, "No." Knowing that it was not likely that a young child would be left home alone, he would just leave a message with the person who should be there watching over the child. "Is there any one there besides you?" the boss asked the child. "Yes," whispered the child, "A policeman." Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employees home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?" "No, he is busy," whispered the child. "Busy doing what?" asked the boss. "Talking to daddy and mommy and the fireman," came the whispered answer. Growing concerned and even worried as he heard what sounded like a helicopter through the ear piece on the phone the boss asked, "What is that noise?" "A hello-copper," answered the whispering voice. "What is going on there?" asked the boss, now startled. In an awed whispering voice the child answered, "The searching team just landed the hello-copper!" Alarmed, concerned and more than just a little frustrated the boss asked, "Why are they there?" Still whispering, the young voice replied along with a muffled giggle, "They are looking for me."

A woman went to her doctor's office. She was seen by one of the new doctors, but after about 4 minutes in the examination room, she burst out screaming and ran down the hall. An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was, and she explained. He had her sit down and relax in another room. The older doctor marched back to the first and demanded, "What's the matter with you? Mrs. Terry is 63 years old, she has four grown children and seven grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant?" The new doctor smiled smugly as he continued to write on his clipboard. "Cured her hiccups though, didn't it?"
    A man is dining in a fancy restaurant and there is a gorgeous redhead sitting at the next table. He has been checking her out since he sat down, but lacks the nerve to talk with her. Suddenly, she sneezes and her glass eye comes flying out of its socket towards the man. He reflexively reaches out, grabs it out of the air, and hands it back. "Oh my, I am so sorry," the woman says as she pops her eye back in place. "Let me buy your dinner to make it up to you," she says. They enjoy a wonderful dinner together, and afterwards the theater followed by drinks. They talk, they laugh, she shares her deepest dreams and he shares his. She listens. After paying for everything, she asks him if he would like to come to her place for a nightcap ......... and stay for breakfast. The next morning, she cooks a gourmet meal with all the trimmings. The guy is amazed!! Everything had been SO incredible!!!! "You know," he said, "you are the perfect woman. Are you this nice to every guy you meet?". "No," she replies, "You just happened to catch my eye."

A blonde comes home from a day of shopping and discovers that her house is on fire, so she calls the fire department on her cell phone. "Please state the nature of your emergency," says the operator. "Help! My house is on fire!" the blonde replies. "Okay, where do you live?" "In a house you silly billy!" the blonde replies. "No,no! How do we get there?" the operator asks frustratedly. "Duh! Big Red Truck!!"

A retired man who volunteers to entertain patients in nursing homes and hospitals went to one local hospital in Brooklyn and took his portable keyboard along. He told some jokes and sang some funny songs at patients? bedsides. When he finished he said, in farewell, ?I hope you get better.? One elderly gentleman replied, ?I hope you get better, too.

An elderly woman decided to have her portrait painted. She told the artist, ?Paint me with diamond earrings, a diamond necklace, emerald bracelets, a ruby broach, and a gold Rolex.? ?But you are not wearing any of those things,? replied the artist. ?I know,? she said. ?It?s in case I should die before my husband. I?m sure he will remarry right away, and I want his new wife to go crazy looking for the jewelry.?

How does an LA policeman go fishing? He catches one fish, then beats it until it tells him where the others are.

The visiting Bible school supervisor asks little Johnny during Bible class, "Who broke down the walls of Jericho?" Little Johnny replies, "I dunno, but it wasn't me!" The supervisor, taken aback by Johnny's lack of basic Bible knowledge goes to the school principal and relates the whole incident. The principal replies, "I know Little Johnny as well as his whole family very well and can vouch for them; if Little Johnny said that he did not do it, then I, as principal is satisfied that it is the truth." Even more appalled, the inspector goes to the regional Head of Education and relates the whole story... After listening he replies: "I can't see why you are making such a big issue out of this; just get three quotes and fix the damned wall!"

A young ventriloquist is touring the clubs and one night he's doing a show in a small club in a small town in Arkansas. With his dummy on his knee, he's going through his usual dumb blonde jokes when a blonde woman in the fourth row stands on her chair and starts shouting: "I've heard enough of your stupid blonde jokes. What makes you think you can stereotype women that way? What does the color of a person's hair have to do with her worth as a human being? It's guys like you who keep women like me from being respected at work and in the community and from reaching our full potential as a person, because you and your kind continue to perpetuate discrimination against, not only blondes, but women in general...and all in the name of humor!" The ventriloquist is embarrassed and begins to apologize, when the blonde yells, "You stay out of this, mister! I'm talking to that little idiot on your knee!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

thu 31 0ct AF daily

Good morning Abbers & happy Halloween

There's a thick fog but no rain, perfect for a spook-taclular day

Congrats bear, you are doing wonderful! Keep piling on those AF days. You are going to love the results. Peace of mind & a deep sense pride are wonderful gifts!

Morning Mick!
      The Halloween parade was a lot of fun
      The boys ended up riding on a hay wagon pulled by one of the fire trucks, they had a ball! It was a joy for me to be there to see them, I am grateful!
      You should be grateful you are not a rooster :H You are welcome to come visit anytime if you have the nerve :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday! I'm going to catch up on some work in my shop & just try to enjoy a little peace & quiet while it's here :H

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thu 31 0ct AF daily

Morning Fabs and Fabettes!

Happy Halloween!
        Rather soggy here this morning, hopefully it'll dry up for the march of the gremlins tonight

Bear.. Congrats on day 41! Keep going!
        Lav.. still got all yer fingers? Enjoy the peace & quiet!
        Greetings, Mick.. no plans today.. just work 'n stuff.

Hello to all to come... must shuffle off now.

Oh.. day 7 for me. It's a start.
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

thu 31 0ct AF daily

sunshine congrats on your day 7 :goodjob:
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

thu 31 0ct AF daily

:yay: Good for you Sunni
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thu 31 0ct AF daily

how do all
              So I saw on another thread today is Byrdie's birthday. A halloween birthday!!

Mick, deeds are for a boundary we're surveying.
              PQ, you surveyed in Canada doing pipe lines? Bet that was a little chilly in the winter.
              Congrats there Sunshine. You a horse person? I got 2 aging nags, actually they're very sweet.

off playing some tunes tonight. Hope everyone is treated rather than tricked. (I am thinking Elmer Fudd here)
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

thu 31 0ct AF daily

Ahhh, those poor halloweenies tonight (and their parents!).. it's pouring buckets out there.
                Nobody comes here, though... we're too far out in the bush

Yep, Sam.. definitely a horsie girl. Love those old ones... one of my boys is 27
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

thu 31 0ct AF daily

MAE,

i have to say I have been having the most fun tonight. Little ghosts, goblins, princesses, all coming to my door. It has brought a big huge happiness to my heart. I so love little ones.

I can't call out to everyone because I am a bit busy right now but so glad to see you here Sunni Butt and Bear, I am so proud of you.

Waves to all my other ABBer friends. Life is good when you can be sober, open the door and see such cute smiling faces. :-)

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

thu 31 0ct AF daily

MAE - I wonder if the tomorrow thread has started yet. Better go check. Anyway - today is 58 days for me. I have been avoiding the counting but had a hard couple days with the drinkin thinkin so thought I would look at the positive.

Going to to see if Tree has started the November 1 thread yet. :wavin:
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                    X