Trying Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying Again

I joined drink tracker & want to again recommit to 30 days. I think I joined on Apr. 21 but have had fits & starts. The best news is that I haven't gotten drunk every day. I'll keep posting & trying. Thank you all for your patience & support.
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Trying Again

Reteacher, when I joined here I still floundered for a couple months while I did a ton of soul searching. but the act of being here shows something wonderful about ourselves...that we are undertaking a journey....an explorative time in our lives that will change us....and when we find the combination to that lock with no key something will click for you as it did for me. Glad you are here.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Trying Again

retteacher;128062 wrote: I joined drink tracker & want to again recommit to 30 days. I think I joined on Apr. 21 but have had fits & starts. The best news is that I haven't gotten drunk every day. I'll keep posting & trying. Thank you all for your patience & support.
      Dear retteacher, I did the same this morning. I re-committed myself for another 30 days. This is the first time I've published on drinktracker. Figured going public would help with the determination. Giving myself pep talks in the face of discouragement. I remember when I quit smoking through Smoke-enders (I don't think they are around any more) years ago. They said: "the people who are successful at quitting are the ones who quit the most times." Also, someone told me once that a plane headed for its destination is actually pointed at its destination about 5% of the time. The rest is course correction.

I'll check in tomorrow --
      Mimi:armsaround:

Comment

Trying Again

Thank you both very much. So far so good today & there is no alcohol in the house.
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
        X