Monday 4 November AF daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all - day 48 here now - almost at 50 days, most I've done before has been 3 months so feeling good. We chose our flooring yesterday and the good news is it costs a good 50% less than we estimated

Off on long drive for a meeting at one of our other offices today for team meeting,chief exec is going to be there, I'm presenting on what I learnt from two conferences that I attended recently. I'm a bit nervous but I have done this kind of thing before, I've been having a work crisis of confidence - I am keeping going though.Woke with a cold this morning and part of me wants to call in sick BUT this would just delay it all.My experience has always been that it's never as bad as I think.

I have my CBT therapy appt this Friday and I am looking forward to that,also 5 working days to go until I am on holiday. Then it's not long until I am off for almost 2 weeks for Christmas.

Best get going - have a good day everyone, TT hope you're feeling on the up.
    one day at a time

MAE ALL...

Bear...thanks for kicking us off. Better a cold than a hangover I'd say. Nice surprise on the flooring cost. Good luck with your presentation.

Retirement party a huge success in spite of the weather that blew in. Now it's time to get back to my real work.

:hallo: to the rest of he gang, will try check in later. Have a great AF Monday all....PPQP

Comment

just checked in ...I actually started this thread at 0715 this morning ....and it has disappeared!!!aaargh!!!only thing I can think of is we had a power cut this morning ...could it be that??..could it be operator error?..I think not!!me n technology ..its like King Herod and kids parties :H hope all is ok and everyone is fine Hiya bear ..keep at those numbers..ppqp how are you .....Pauly where are you???big shout to everyone else
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning Abbers

Disappearing threads are really annoying Mick :H

Hope your day is easy bear!
        I am learning not to worry about stuff that may never happen

PQ, did you get snow? Hope your day is fabulous.

I am on boy watch all day, oh joy!
        It's below freezing out but at some point I will stuff them into their jackets & hats & let them run off some steam outside. I really don't want to go crazy today :H :H

Have. Wonderful AF Monday everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all
          a quick check in and off to work. No longer safe to meander in the woods, black powder season started Saturday. Woke to the reminder Saturday AM about dawn. It is a little strange this year in the woods. None of the oak or walnut trees have any nuts.

Mick, I hate that when it happens. Sometimes I'll lose my internet connection while posting. I've learned to copy the post and can paste it later. I'm such a slow typer. Not that I have a lot to say but I don't really like retyping what little I do got to say.

Best to all.
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,im here mick just emberassed to say ive been on a binge,having a tough time getting off,shouldnt have done this again i tried to do all the right things but in the end i gave in,glad everyone else is doing good,take care
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey everyone - day as expected was nowhere near as stressful as I'd anticipated - as usual!Was a nice day,it was lovely seeing the wider team and had yummy cake and boss has given me a half day on Friday afternoon due to working very late this Thursday. Can't wait!

Pauly - sorry you're having a binge - do you need medical help to wean yourself off/are you having DTs?Hope you're not feeling too bad and are hanging in. What triggered this and what could you have done differently/do next time you are tempted?
              one day at a time

Comment

I dont think im in any risk of dt's,goodgod i hope not just the same irritating withdrawal/hungove symptoms as usual,dunno the exact trigger im guessing its cuz i had a cold for two weeks before,and period started that day,i was just worn out and irrationally thought the beer would make me feel better?or just making excuses i honestly couldve avoided drinking,maybe just didnt want to?nobody in theyre right mind would put themselves through this over and over
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The good news is that you can choose to make this the very last binge - ever pauly!
                  We all kept repeating the same damn old pattern until it just got too tiresome. Keep trying pauly, you'll get there too

bear, glad to hear your day went well, good for you
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X