Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday-April 30!

Good morning, Afternoon, Evening All!

Morning here~ and my son's "official 5th birthday".

Had a sober weekend! I survived where I had failed in the past. Was tested from all ends and I mean all ends. Had a party on Saturday & killed them with kindness & then Sunday morning (the day of my son's party) I got a call from my mother that my father was going in for emergency stomach surgery. He developed some sort of hole that they stapled shut. we didn't cancel b/c surgery was done before party. But as soon as people were leaving I got another call saying he got moved to ICU because they suspect he developed pnemonia & has a temp & want to watch him.

All I have to say is that if I drank things would have been so much worse. Gossip among the "phony in laws", disappointment, not being there for my mom or dad & oh geesh-list can go on. But instead I've got so much more! My son had a great party. My husband was proud of me. The phonies were killed with kindness. I was there for my parents-and last night I stopped at my mom's to drop off some b-day cake & food & as I was leaving she said "I love you". Mind you she has not said this to me since I fell off the wagon over a year ago. It felt good to be there for my family & but mostly for myself. Thanks everyone for your kind words of support!

Nancy~I'm sorry to hear about your son. My heart goes out to you.
    Pop~Congrats! Knew you could do it! Onward to May!

Have a Great Day everyone!

AF-131
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Monday-April 30!

right on Breeze!!! and happy B-day to your little guy.
    had a pretty nice mellow weekend, finally seeing some progress on our bathroom remodel...there's actually tile on the walls! (this project has been dragging for months) in fact the project started when I was still getting really wasted....weird memories.
    well, feeling good and off to save the world. Be well me loverly ABers far and wide.....
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday-April 30!

That's another thing too Deter~I'm getting so many projects around the house done. I can't tell you how happy my husband is that this year he can "depend" on me to help with projects! LOL! We've had so many projects in the past that have started that had to be stopped in the middle because I would slip back to my old ways. Geesh{shudder}.

I just finished our upstairs bathroom before the party & it came out beautiful. Much better than if I was drinking with a "crooked" eye! Have fun!
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Monday-April 30!

Breeze, it is amazing how much easier events and crisises can be while sober. i just breathe only have to worry how to respond not how others will respond to my condition.....yeah its weird i'm not sure about the household projects... i thought maybe i'd get more done but i start things then find a sunny patch to lie down hey at least i'm not sucking down beers or whatever is available. here's to sunny spots in all their glory . happy 5th birthday to your son and I'll be thinking of your dad i'm home today with a sick 11 year old but it gives me some time to think while she sleeps...blessings and love to all rudemama:h

Comment

Monday-April 30!

Hello all.
          Thanks Breez and happy birthday to your laddie. I hope things go well for your dad.
          Hi D. I'd better not let my wife seee this thread. My bathroom has been half tiled for about three years. I just can't bring myself to finish it.
          It's a beautiful day here in Scotland, though still a little too windy for my liking.
          I hope you have a good one.

Comment

Monday-April 30!

Hey Breeze- your post was so full of accomplishments I don't even know where to start! Happy b day of course to your son- 5 was my all time favorite age.
            Hope your dad is doing better. Pneumonia can be scary but he is in the right place.
            I am overwhelmed though with how you dealt with it all!
            Very happy for you!

Lisa

Comment

Working...
            X