af Wed 6 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Wed 6 November

MAE absters. Just a quick hi there - have tea and coffee ready for all. I have to drive off to work soon.
    Sam - thanks for the explanation. Hunting can be very dangerous. I had a friend years ago who went on a hunting trip with his best friend and son - and my friend accidentally shot and killed the boy. I also recall in my more serious tramping (hiking) days being vigilent about gun shots. You take care as I am sure you will.
    Lav - interesting feedback about YB. I know many couples who have a somewhat bumpy ride through most of their lives and then come to some sort of detente in later years. Sounds like you took more drastic action esp to preserve yourself. Hope the friendship with YB goes well. I guess I am also musing over what the future for me and G might hold. We are not co-dependent (been there done that elsewhere) - the dynamics and my insight are very different. But He seems to think my moods/unhappiness are all about my body (ie I should see a Dr and woohoo meds will sort it). I know its more about the relationship and about what I want from the rest of my life. Work in progress.No major dramas. No AL temptations (but I do worry sometimes that I will say f__k it and seek out my old evil 'friend').

Today is high school graduation/prize-giving. Our girl is not graduating yet but she is getting some prizes - so thats great. And yes, one is an art prize! We will be proud parents tonight but its not in our nature to show off. See, when I write it down me and G. have a lot of values in common. And we will have a laugh thats for sure.

You all have a good day too - Pauly, Mick, SF, SL, PPQP, Sunshine, Cinders
    Det - how are you - you have been quiet? Also how are you Yah?
    Keep warm folks - looks like I am the only one posting here who is blessed with a semblance of summer. I say that because today the temperatures could easily be a winters day in a place like California!

af Wed 6 November

Morning TT and everyone, plus welcome to any lurkers
    It is the last full day in the office before annual leave and there is lots to get through - predictably. I am just remembering to breathe through the stressful moments and not thinking about drinking at the moment.

OH said a lovely thing other day, we were talking about drinking/not drinking with friends - friend said ' oh aren't you drinking sat' and I said no makes me feel bad.OH said well it doesn't really matter does it,you seem to have a good time anyway and it's not a big deal.:l I had been worried(obviously!)that he may not like the sober me,such a huge relief to find out it's not a big deal to anyone but me.

Looking forward to today being over - yet a bit concerned that I have a mountain to do.
    I am also nervous about speaking tomorrow evening to tenants and also to a senior manager,I am focusing my thinking on the fact that historically these things have always gone a lot better than I anticipated.

Had lovely friend over last night who gave me a massage and we had a lovely chat,decided to return to rollerderby proper in the new year- may do odd sesh but focus on gym,fitness and leg strengthening until then. Lucky to have such lovely people in my life. Have a great day everyone and I'll see you later.
    one day at a time

Comment

af Wed 6 November

morning all...hows the world today?even in upside down land?did you know that if you dug a hole,the further south you dig ,the closer to north it becomes??? there you go interesting fact of the day...amaze your friend ..stunned and surprised by your unbounded intelligence...and on that note,I do lots of pretty heavy work, swimming running etc..but yesterday slipped on some leaves and twisted my back..jeez I can hardly walk!!it is killing me,so another period of enforced rest coming up..grr pretty miserable outside so spose it isnt so Daughter goes for her job interview this morning ,as a midwife so fingers crossed for her

on with the show..tea and coffee available..Im on cup no 2..which I hasten to add I made myself..gettin as much sympathy here as Lavs rooster!!

Morning DTD..how are you today? breezy eh? whats the wc stand for in where you are? just typed it in to goggle and it came up with world cup , or refitting your toilet!!!

Hiya Nora C ..nice to see you..ignore the voices and stay close ...

ppqp
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lavande View Post
      I'm really happier just keeping the hens & they're always happier without a rooster stinking things up
      Aren't we all
      oh hello ppqp ...from one of the few roosters on here!!!!! how are you today?Coffee to go on your way to work ?have a good one.as for celebrating 2 or 20..if you asked Julie I have no doubt that her reply would be she is celebrating EVERY passin moment she has with me .......yeh right..need to take me tablets and stop smokin these funny fags!!!

mornin Lav ...how are you today?many years ago ,I hit a deer in the dark...it got up shook itself ..and left me with a bill for about ?500 to renew a front bumper and light cluster.Coffee? silly question really!And how does Mr Rooster feel about his enforced religious move?Any plans on the cards today? have a good one.Glad YB is gettin his act together .....you never know whats round the corner!!!

Hiya Det ....you ok? your post ....
      still alive and kicking in my AF'ness happy to say, just buried in work more than usual.

bet your glad you aint an undertaker!!! Keep safe on the road my friend

Hiya sunshine ..hows you today?any plans? ta for the congrats .

Hiya Pauly ..yes so glad to see ya....day 3 now today ..hey youll soon get there ..you know that next time you hear the voices they are talking crap,so lets get stuck in..

Hiya Sam ..hows things up country?still survivin black powder charges?good for you.

Hiya tt..how are you today??ok I hope .well daughter got a prize? excellent ..Moi keepin well away from the relationship thingy..defo aint a world expert on that one!!!,but as they say que sera sera...anyways you have a great evening.

right peeps ti time for the orf ..tho aint going to be doing too much today..take it easy all and have a good one.

A man who smelled like a distillery flopped on a subway seat next to a priest. The man's tie was stained, his face was plastered with red lipstick, and a half empty bottle of gin was sticking out of his torn coat pocket. He opened his newspaper and began reading. After a few minutes, the disheveled guy turned to the priest and asked, "Say, father, what causes arthritis?" "Mister, it's caused by loose living, being with cheap, wicked women, too much alcohol and a contempt for your fellow man." "Well I'll be." the drunk muttered, returning to his paper. The priest, thinking about what he had said, nudged the man and apologized. "I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to come on so strong. How long did you have arthritis?" "I don't have it father. I was just reading here that the Pope does."

After 5 hours sitting in the bar, a man was in no shape to drive, wisely left his car parked and walked home. As he was walking unsteadily along, he was stopped by a policeman. "What are you doing out here at 2 am?", said the officer. "I'm going to a lecture.", the man said. And who is going to give a lecture at this hour?", the cop asked. "My wife!!!" said the man.

Little Johnny asked his father, "Dad, can you write in the dark?" His father said, "I think so. What do you want me to write?" Little Johnny replied, "Oh, just sign this report card for me..."

"It's clear" said the teacher, "That you haven't studied your geography. What's your excuse?" "Well, my dad says the world is changing every day. So I decided to wait until it settles down!"

A boy was assigned a paper on childbirth and asked his parents, "How was I born?" ‘Well honey...' said the slightly prudish parent, "An Angel brought you to us." "Oh," said the boy. "Well, how did you and daddy get born?" he asked. "Oh, the angel brought us too." "Well how were grandpa and grandma born?" he persisted. "Well darling, the angel brought them too!" said the parent. Several days later, the boy handed in his paper to the teacher who read with confusion the opening sentence: "This report has been very difficult to write because there hasn't been a natural childbirth in my family for three generations."

As a painless way to save money, a young couple arranged that every time they have sex, the husband put his pocket change into a china piggy bank on the bedside table. One night, while being unusually athletic, he accidentally knocked the bank to the floor where it smashed. To his surprise, among the masses of coins, there were handfuls of five and ten dollar bills. He asks his wife what's up. "Well," she replied, "not everyone is as cheap as you are."

Little Johnny was being questioned by the teacher during an arithmetic lesson. 'If you had ten dollars,' said the teacher, 'and I asked you for a loan of eight dollars, how much would you have left?' 'Ten,' said Little Johnny firmly. 'Ten?' the teacher said 'How do you make it ten?' 'Well,' replied Little Johnny 'You may ask for a loan of eight dollars, but that doesn't mean you'll get it!'

What to do if you fall into a conversation with someone about the terrorist attacks who doesn't believe in retaliation: 1. Engage in conversation, and ask if military force is appropriate. 2. When he says "No," ask, "Why not?" 3. Wait until he says something to the effect of "Because that would just cause more innocent deaths, which would be awful and we should not cause more violence." 4. When he's in mid sentence, punch him in the face as hard as you can. 5. When he gets back up to punch you, point out that it would be a mistake and contrary to his values to strike you, because that would be awful and he should not cause more violence. 6. Wait until he agrees, and has pledged not to commit additional violence. 7. Punch him in the face again, harder this time. 8. Repeat steps 5 through 8 until he understands that sometimes it is necessary to punch back.

A man walks into a bar and orders a shot of whiskey then looks into his pocket. He does this over and over again. Finally, the bartender asks why he orders a shot of whiskey and afterwards look into his pocket. The man responded, "I have a picture of my wife in there and when she starts to look good then I'll go home."

just posted this..hiya bear .. have a great few days off...and enjoy yourself ...yep you dont need booze
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Wed 6 November

Lurking mode off
        Hi Mick WC = Western Cape, one of the provinces here
        Lurking mode on
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

af Wed 6 November

Good morning Abbers & Lurkers :H

Nice to see you here Molly & DTD!
          Join in anytime - TT & Mick make good coffee!

TT, congrats to your daughter! She must be thrilled about the awards, that's awesome
          In order to avoid anymore dramas in my life (I just can't handle any more) I am focusing on today only! The so called long range life plans that I/we had are gone. I won't even allow myself to think about that stuff. I/we never figured in major depressive episodes & stuff like that. You really don't know what's waiting around the corner, do you??

bear, I hope you are having a cool & calm day - keep breathing & stay focused!

Mick, I am quite sure that the mini rooster will spend some time living on the Amish farm until he is selected for their dinner :H
          I hate to sound heartless but honestly I don't want to have to deal with another badass mean chicken! They beat the hell out of the hens too - not pretty.
          Obviously Mick you have learned to behave yourself & that's why Julie allows you to stay :H
          Keep up the good work!!

Greetings to everyone else & wished for a fabulous AF Wednesday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Wed 6 November

Mae everybody,sounds like everyone has busy days planned i hope we all have smooth yet productive day today,thanks for being here my friends
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Wed 6 November

hey Pauly,well done for getting back on the horse.

I've had a good day and got everything done (almost) that I needed to before going away.I need to comment on a report and run through my presentation for tomorrow night but that's it. Confided in a colleague about team problems and also about being nervous about presenting tomorrow, feel much more reassured and ok with everything now.Talking to a colleague about not fitting in exercise - she made really good point - that I could come in at ten two days a week and go before work.I forget that we have flexi so can do this and won't be getting up at stupid o clock to do gym before work.It could well work!

Missed gym tonight due to hideous traffic and had take out burito instead - almost a workout lifting the thing!I plan to have a bubble bath and an early night.Almost sorted for holiday - just few things to dig out and then all done.
              one day at a time

Comment

af Wed 6 November

Aw Mick, like Lav says, you've been well trained. Forgot to say thanks for the coffee this morning just grabbed it and ran. Learned a lesson today, don't start a software upgrade at 4 in the afternoon.

Pauly...thanks for "never quit quitting" :angel: "PPP" :angel:

:hallo: Molls...Good to see you. I must come over and visit and will when things settle down. Busy with a new job and loving it.

DTD...love your post :H

Shout out to all else...must start dinner I'm starving.....PPQP

Comment

Working...
                X