Saturday aF 9 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday aF 9 November

MAE folks ? I missed yesterday ? was planning to post last night but got caught up in watching a Dr ?House? DVD. Series 8.
    Weekend already and its drizzly today.

Mick ?hope the back is better. I guess you will be offski this weekend. Sorry about Amy missing out on the job. I am sure she will get a midwifery position in time.

I too am just not into Christmas. Nothing about it enthuses me. But I do a bit ? for my daughter. Fortunately for me - she is minimalist too when it comes to festivities and she is not greedy about presses.

Bear and Pauly ?don?t know of '5 Guys'. Bear - Hope the evening is going well with your friend. I am sure your resolve not to drink is strong since you have all those AF days.

Congratulations Sam on 6 months. :wd:AL-free but not fiddle-free! Yes, its important to find ways to celebrate without AL. Expensive and unusual ice-cream is on my list. But wait for it - I have ordered an ice-cream attachment for my kitchen mixer ? so be prepared for weird and delicious tastes this summer! That's a chance to say hi to Lav ? as I think we share a weakness for icecream.

Sam -a long long time ago (in my 20s) I shared a house with a Quaker. Lovely guy but he was ultra quiet and slow. His patience and kindness however came to the fore when I came back to the house after I was very sick from drinking too much. He put me to bed and sat there calmly watching me - in case I stopped breathing or choked.

Hi there Yah ? good to see you back.

PPQP ? liked your wee cartoon. Enjoy the mysterious book.

Pauly ?keep it up. You sound chirpy which is good.

Sunshine ? well done on 2 weeks and soon that will be two months.:goodjob:

Have a great sober weekend - and hello to anyone I have missed. I am supporting daughter in exam revision - taking her to archery first today.

Saturday aF 9 November

Well here it is ...soooper sober Sattiday...thats the first part of test yourself for alcohol...say that 6 times out loud without getting tongue tied....might be easy enough to do ...but will def get some weird looks!!!:H

ok on we go ...how are we all?moi ..feeling chirpy today..back has eased off immensely..still not brill but defo a lot better, so might even get a wee bit done dans le jardin...but first coffee time..
    Armistice Sunday tomorrow..a time for remembering.

Afternoon /evening tt..how are you?half way through the weekend for you already isnt it?an ice cream maker ?? ye gods we are waiting on snow ..can you not get something useful like a sunshine maker or something??

Hiya Sam ...how did the jammin session go ..or is it still going on?ho do you feel now that you are over the 6 month point of no al?do you feel any benefits health wise..apart fropm the obvious ..no headaches or day after feelings .

Hello YAH..glad to here things are on the up in workland for you..as for youro wn soap opera ...reckon we all have them to a certain extent ...the choice is whether to become one of the cast or remain a viewer!!!Back has eased off a bit ..tafor asking.

PPQP...weekend time ..nae work ..heres a coffee for you ..not on the go today!!You certainly have taken to this job of yours havent you? any chance you could send that self same keeness to the few million lazy gets over here sponging off the state?..that pic was brill ..ta muchly.

Morning Lav ...yeh where is the party?? how are you today? large coffee to start the day off with a mile .How did your trip into Lancaster yesterday go? buy anything nice?lotsa buggies out?

Hiya bear..how are you? cant say I am a big fan of Chrimbo ..tho as it rolls in I get a bit more into it ...yeh right!!You leave on Monday..did you tell us where you are going..or is my memory that bad?

Hiya Pauly ...how are you today?so now that the house is cleaned what are you up to ? anything this weekend?Me if back holds out ..I will be out at early o clock tomorrow.
    Personally ..think the idea of pics of everyone is a good one..what does everyone else think?no problem at all either way ...but be warned once you have seen my ugly mug you will be trawling wanted posters!!!!!

Hiya Sunshine ..wow reckon its time to sack work for the weekend and relook with fresh eyes on Monday...just have an enjoyable weekend..nae white stuff!!

right peeps tis time for the offski so I bid you a fond farewell..have a good one...

Language ....the font of all communication!!!!

A little boy went up to his father and asked: "Dad, where did all of my intelligence come from?" The father replied. "Well son, you must have got it from your mother, cause I still have mine"

I may look calm, but in my mind I have killed you three times already.

Little Johnny was sitting in class one day. All of a sudden he needed to go the bathroom. He yelled out "Miss Jones I need to take a piss!!" The teacher replied, "Now Johnny that is NOT the proper word to use in the situation. The correct word you want is urinate. Please use the word urinate in a sentence correctly and I will allow you to go." Little Johnny thinks for a bit then says " You're an eight but if you had bigger tits, you'd be a ten!"

Q: What do SMART Blondes and UFOs have in common?
    A: You always hear about them but never see them.

Q: Why did the man put condoms on his ears during sex?
    A: He didn't want to get hearing aids.

When I went to lunch today, I noticed an old man sitting on a park bench sobbing his eyes out. I stopped and asked him what was wrong. He said, ?I have a 22 year old wife at home. She rubs my back every morning and then gets up and makes me pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit and freshly ground coffee.? I said, ?Well, then why are you crying?? He said, ?She makes me homemade soup for lunch and my favorite brownies, cleans the house and then watches sports TV with me for the rest of the afternoon.? I said, ?Well, why are you crying?? He said, ?For dinner she makes me a gourmet meal with wine and my favorite dessert and then makes love with me until the wee hours? I said, ?Well, why in the world would you be crying?? He said, ?I can?t remember where I live!?

Husband: Want a quickie?
    Wife: As opposed to what?

A blonde walks by a travel agency and notices a sign in the window, "Cruise Special -- $99!". She goes inside, lays her money on the counter and says, "I'd like the $99 cruise special, please." The agent grabs her, drags her into the back room, ties her to a large inner tube, then drags her out the back door and downhill to the river, where he pushes her in and sends her floating. A second blonde comes by a few minutes later, sees the sign, goes inside, lays her money on the counter, and asks for the $99 special. She too is tied to an inner tube and sent floating down the river. Drifting into stronger current, she eventually catches up with the first blonde. They float side by side for a while before the first blonde asks, "Do they serve refreshments on this cruise? The second blonde replies, " They didn't last year."

Q: What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke that morning?
    A: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"
    Q: And why did that upset you?
    A: My name is Susan.

The best way to make somebody remember you is to borrow money from them

Two blondes are sitting on a bench at the park. One says to the other,"Hey, which is farther, California or the moon?" The other blonde says,"Well, duh! Can you see California?"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Saturday aF 9 November

Mae everybody,diet cock! haha,tt i love "house"hes such an ass but ya kind of like him at the same time great show,glad your back is better mick stop injuring yourself! so yesterday turned out to be not as lazy as id have liked but still fun,daughter and baby spent nearly all day over here and hes a ball of energy hes already standing/walking at 8 months! i cant believe it,my kids didnt start that til at least a year but hes ready to rock and roll,i see theres two threads thats probly where everyone else is at,well off to fix myself up for work,thank you for being here guys,have a good sattiday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Saturday aF 9 November

MAE ALL...

Bear...congrats on 53 and your evening sounded ace.
        "Having zero drinking thoughts about holiday,in fact looking forward to feeling healthy and hydrated in the sun. I'm not getting complacent though - deprivation thinking just seems to have lifted for now and that is really nice" :wd: It is a nice feeling isn't it.

TT...I've never heard of 5 guys either but it does sound like a hit. Seems you're always on exam revision duty but starting with archery is a good way to go. Hope you enjoy your day.

Mick...thanks for the coffee as it appears I am fresh out. :shocked:
        You are correct...nae work this weekend but it will be busy. Dad turns 90 today so a wee celebration this morning. Being at a vets long term care facility you can just imagine the celebrations that will be going on this weekend. It'll be nice to have some of Dad's buddy's join us today.

Saw this yesterday and thought wow, what volumes this speaks....

Bridal shower for my favorite niece tomorrow and my twin sister is in town watching her grandkids so Monday will see me visiting her. My weekend will fly by just as my week days do. Speaking of "taking to this job" I had a long term client say to me you really like your job don't you? When I said yes she said it really shows. Just love those pat's on the back.

Pauly...nope, went and looked and nobody's there. Bear will probably find us here when she checks in again. Enjoy your day at work.

Since Mick's coffee isn't hitting the spot I'm off to the corner store for my fix. Have a great AF Saturday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

Saturday aF 9 November

ppqp...what a lovely pic
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Saturday aF 9 November

Good afternoon Abbers,

I was just about to post a hello this morning when my granddaughter announced she wanted sour cream & onion flavored potato chips for breakfast :H I had to go to work to change her mind

Greetings TT, hope your day was a total washout.
            The sun is here but it's pretty chilly.

Mick, I had to dodge horses & buggies all the way up to & back from the outlets yesterday. Unfortunately the road I use to get there is one of their favorites. I hate driving behind them, way too slow for the likes of me! We found good 'Veteran's day' sales going on, yay!

Pauly, the little ones grow super fast these days - seem to be in a hurry? Watch out!!

PQ, glad your happiness is showing through, nice
            Happy birthday to your Dad!

OK, back to work here for me. Have a great AF Saturday one & all! Hi to Sam, YahYah, Cindi & the rest!!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Saturday aF 9 November

Good afternoon, Fabiosos and Fabinis!

Kind of a 'Meh' day here, grey, damp, cold(ish) and I'm sentenced to do laundry. It's that month of the year again :H

Glad you're on the mend, Mick;
              Enjoy the departure of deprivation thinking, Bear;
              Pauly, have fun with the wee one;
              PQ, Happy b-day to your dad..enjoy the festivities!
              TT, weird and delicious ice cream? I'm in! :H

Have a great Saturday, folks!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Saturday aF 9 November

good evening all (evening here at least)
                just getting back from playing tunes. This is a foursome and we get together every couple of weeks. One person plays the cello, I really like that sound. I would love to learn how to play one. Anyway we played in a friends pottery shop for art promotion. Fun to play where there are no expectations, just for fun.

TT, I actually go to Friends meetings occasionally, I enjoy being quiet in the mind, but it takes a little doing.

Mick
                I have noticed being sober this time, a very clear head when confronted with the BS that can happen. Decisions are not done through the fog of thinking I need a drink to mull something over. I've lost weight. About 20 pounds, my beer belly is going away!! I like being sober, I mean I really do.

a good evening to you all, I see that Nov 10 thread has started. I'll see you all over there
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                X