af Sun 10 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sun 10 November

Det - so sorry! It must be so hard going back to the beginning after such a long spell - I have no idea! You do give me faith though, that you get back on to business so quickly - well done for that...

TT - a new bed? I really need one - i turn so much because my hips are hurting. My ex got the good bed when we split - I really wnated a new one so did not fight too much, and here I am still struggling with the old one - maybe Santa will bring me one this year??
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af Sun 10 November

MAE ALL...

Just home from a lovely bridal shower, I am so grateful I'm not going through all that again.

Mick...sorry you weren't able to make your outing today. You pamper yourself for a little while and tell Julie I said it was ok.
      Had a lovely Bday party with Dad, seemed to be a few others going on at the same time.

Lav...I'll let TT know what PT stands for, she's the one that asked. :H

Det...never quit quitting. Hang in there we're here. :angel:"PPP":angel:

:hallo: to all I didn't name. Need to get warm and then think about what I'm having for dinner. Have a safe and sober evening all....PPQP

Comment

af Sun 10 November

Definitely evening, Fabbies!

Det - I'm sorry you chose to drink. Time to get up and dust yourself off. Tomorrow will be day 3 and it's all up hill from there

Before I forget.. TT.. Nope, horses don't have anything to do with my business, they're just yet another obsession

Lav.. you go shopping.. like VOLUNTARILY? :H I detest shopping of any kind. Will do so only if I can't scam someone else to do it for me.

Lassie... maybe we can both write a letter to Santi Claus.. I really want a new mattress, too.

Sun... you got that right... the initial idea was good, but you know what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen and whatnot And, something about greed comes to mind, too.

Mick... dear God, I forgot about shower month!!! :H How ya holding up?

Hello to Sam, Bear, Pauly, and anyone else I have left off... my brain is thoroughly fried today.. been working since 7am (it's 7:48pm now). I'm DONE.

Night night!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

af Sun 10 November

thanks all, indeed not letting this be an excuse to say 'screw it all'. that would be really sad and probably kill me the way I binge and have complicated withdrawal. so I'm glad to be on the mend and AF that's for darn sure.

Mick, my 'excuse trigger' was having a late lunch with an old friend that used to be a very close drinking buddy. the nostalgia of the situation, him being the only WWII vet I know and he's not got much time left, combined with heartfelt conversation about life, the world and everything... I let my fight for sobriety on the back shelf as a smaller issue and paid the price for it. found myself operating like a remote control robot taking that first glug (not sip) of wine, and the rest is downhill for me. I just DON'T moderate....period. I am an extremist and need to accept that about myself. thanks for listening to me whine everyone and for your kindness.

be well
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Sun 10 November

Hey Det,
            Glad you are back & in one piece
            The WW II vets were all hardcore drinkers in my family - Dad & uncles.
            The Vietnam vets too - my brother.
            I guess that's why I thought it was perfectly 'OK' to drink like them sometimes

Sunni, I really do not like shopping & actually do most of it online. When my daughter is here though it's kind of fun to make the 45 minute drive to the outlets, have lunch & do a lot of talking. It's basically a bonding experience

Glad the BD party went well PQ!

SL, if you see Santa please tell him I wouldn't mind a new mattress myself

Hope everyone has a great AF night!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sun 10 November

I am an extremist and need to accept that about myself.
              That really strikes a chord with me, Det. I'm guessing that many, if not most, of us fall into that category.

Well done for identifying and getting back on track!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
              X