Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Wed 13 November

MAE everyone.

Hope everyone is doing well today. There have been some interesting and useful comments on the thread lately :thanks:

Sam –very sorry that you had to put the horse down but I know that on farms there comes a time. Its still very sad but its also sad to see your animals suffer.

PPQP- I guess you are well and truly used to the cold. Have you got around to sorting the lawyer business out? Your sister sounds a handful – in an alcoholic way - but you obviously love her. Is this the sister that you shared a holiday with earlier this year?

Bear – hope your hols are magnificent.

Lav – I don’t think I have any more quits in me either. (well of course I would if I had to).

SF – good to hear from you too. I didn't just stop AL because of the health scare but that was the thing that secured my decision to break my lifelong pact with the devil. Self respect and respect from family was also a biggie for me. I think me now being AF is helping negotiate my girl's teen years – but who can say? But I think it gives me more credibility when it comes to substance abuse and addiction. Who knows? Unchartered waters and all that.

Mick – hope you are keeping warm also. I read some rubbish by Christopher Hitchens last night on his ‘rules’ for safe drinking. Major major denial there methinks. He also spins the crap about ‘the grape and the grain’ massaging the flow of words – a sort of writer’s aid. I think I can see you rolling your eyes over that one.:H

Pauly – have you made an appointment with the dr yet to get those tests done that I mentioned? Yes I am being bossy boots here. I also know that going to the dr is an expense – so no pressure. Hellz –when you mentioned your buddy boozing until 6am I felt quite ill. Even in my days dedicated to destroying my liver and being a wild party animal- I couldn’t do that.

Det – I guess you will feel like crap for a while and also the travelling doesn’t help. Keep posting here cos I think it helps a lot – checking in and saying hi. And reading Mick’s gems of witticism snatched from the Daily Mail.

Cinders – how’s things? I hope you check in soon.

Hi there also to Yah, SL, Sunshine, Nora and all others.
    I am supposed to be a sounding board for history exam revision tonight. The exams have to end!

Have a great Wednesday and keep the jolly sober flag flying!!

af Wed 13 November

mae all ...and how are we on hump day? all ok ? yep weather pretty hill billy (chilly) over here today...so start off with a nice warm brew ...anyone else?

Hiya tt ..wow you must be a mind reader ..yep as soon as I saw that phrase "the grape and the grain "I thought here we go ...heard that bs years ago..same as everything tho really ..you can massage the figures to say what you want!!you still busy busy ? ..any plans for a break or owt?

Morning Lav ...complete wi cup in hand ..how are you today?what is it today more work or have you got guests today?

Hiya ppqp ..hey your the boss at the mo ..you go in when you please!!how are you?wow this lawyer issue has been going on for some time now...certainly wouldn't be a happy bunny if it was me.. surely it should have been done n dusted by now?so your sister is sacking the ale too? the way you describe the scenario ..sounds like she errrm likes a drink shall we say and sod the consequences!!doesshe know you have quit?Anyway boss ..grovel grovel ..you have a great day ..oh and heres your coffee Ma'am

Hiya Pauly ..how are you today? still not sleeping? You are right about the exercise ...it is good for you ..but the biggy is at this time of year it takes longer to shift your butt..not your ..everyone!!!I know for me its pretty easy to think well do it later or more tomorrow or some of that crapology,but once you actually motivate yer carcase it aint too bad!!Think your quit buddy is a bit of a let down tbh ..stick with us ..most of us cant stay up till 6 am ..far less drink there any more!!

Hiya SF wowee that hot yoga is doing it for you.how are you? think you are right in respect o f sacking the booze...the backgrounds and reasonings are different in most cases, but the constants remain the same..want to quit, determination,and awareness.The start is shit and you think ..when will this lot ever end? you read so much about peoples journeys andhow it becomes easier, and their perceptions change ,....then all of a sudden it does..I know for me it did ,cant tell you when that was ,there was no blinding flash and fanfare of trumpets, just one day I dint think about it and the next time I was faced with booze I thought cant be arsed with it.

Hiya Sam...you ok ? sorry about the horse you had to get put down..Just went to let my rabbits out ..and lo and behold going across the back fields on the higher ground was Mr Fox...now what could be better on a cold and frosty mornig than two ready mades?aint gonna happen!!!

Hiya Det you ok?glad you are on the mend mate..yep it cant be great jumping from hotel to hotel..makes a pretty precarious scenario for a good meal n a drink..but hey you wont be doing it forever..

right good people of sobersville tis time to go..so I bid you a fond farewell..take care c yizall ra morra.....oh and a big shout to all our mispers.

All individually tailored to size ...professional fitting service...MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

True story ..government tried to take this company to court ..because they thought it was offensive..and lost!!!and yet they put out a million pound campaign on vehicles about illegal immigrants..had 2 takers and was deemed illegal in the high court!

One day an old woman walked into a shop and got some dog food, she went to pay for it and the cashier said you can?t buy that dog food we need evidence that you have a dog, so she brought in her dog and she got the dog food.
    The next day the same old lady went to get some cat food and the cashier said you can?t have that cat food we need evidence that you have a cat, so she went home and got her cat and she got the cat food.
    Next day the same old lady went in again and she had a box, she told the cashier to put her finger in it, so she did. She said it felt warm and soft, the little old lady then said now you?re satisfied can I have some toilet paper please!

A man walks into a barber shop and says, "I'll have a shave and a shoe shine."
    The barber lathers his face and sharpens the straight edge while a woman with the biggest, most beautiful breasts he has ever seen kneels down and shines his shoes. The man says, "You and I should spend some time in a hotel room."
    She replies, "My husband wouldn't like that."
    The man says, "Tell him you're working overtime, and I'll pay you the difference."
    She says, "You tell him. He's the one shaving you."

A teacher asked her Sunday School class to draw pictures of their favourite Bible stories. She was puzzled by a boy?s picture which showed four people on an aircraft, so she asked him which story it was meant to represent. ?The flight to Egypt,? he replied. ?I see? And that must be Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus,? she said. ?But who?s the fourth person?? ?Oh, that?s Pontius ? the Pilot!?

Condoms are not completely safe.
    A friend of mine was wearing one and he got hit by a bus.

A woman came home to find her retired husband waving a rolled up newspaper round his head. Wife: 'What are you doing dear?'
    Husband: 'Swatting flies - I got 3 males and 2 females'
    Wife: 'How on earth do you know which gender they were?'
    Husband: 'Easy - 3 were on the beer, and the other 2 were on the phone.'

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping, and upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her voice, ?I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!? The four men didn?t wait for a second invitation. They got out and ran like mad. The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and get into the driver?s seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried, and then it dawned on her why. A few minutes later she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down! She loaded her bags into the car and then drove to the police station. The sergeant to whom she told the story nearly tore himself in two with laughter. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, about 75, and carrying a large handgun.

A doctor vacationing on the Riviera met an old lawyer friend and asked him what he was doing there. The lawyer replied, "Remember that lousy real estate I bought? Well, it caught fire, so here I am with the fire insurance proceeds.
    What are you doing here?"
    The doctor replied, "Remember that lousy real estate I had in Mississippi? Well, the river overflowed, and here I am with the flood insurance proceeds."
    The lawyer looked puzzled. "Gee," he asked, "how did you start the flood?"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Wed 13 November

looks like a nice crisp day out. The sun is out today. I never really mind how cold it gets as long as there is a bit of sunshine. Working on my second cup of joe this AM and looking forward to an "even" day. In all the events of yesterday, I did have some good come out of it. While the back hoe was here they took out an old concrete loading chute that was no longer in use. I've been wanting that done for some time.

We've started working on a 150 acre boundary this week. It is a residue piece from about 1900. Should be interesting to see how much acreage they really have.

Off and running.
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Wed 13 November

Good morning Abbers,

Yep, cold but sunny Sam!
        I am very sorry about your horse, so sad.
        I've cried like a baby losing four dogs over the years, you become very attached.

Greetings TT!
        My daughter is now doing some of the same course work I did back in the early 70's. She asks me questions - like I really remember :H :H
        It is fun to help them out though (when you can)

Mick, I have a full day of work, dental appointment, Curves & no kids in sight - so far!

Greetings to the rest of the gang. Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Wed 13 November

Mae everybody,i had to laugh at those "nip warmers"haha,sam sorry about your horse poor little guy,i love animals more than people most of the time,well i definitely need to try to get into the docs today,this sinus b.s has gone on for too long and feels like its getting worse i havent even felt well enough for the past two nites to see the baby,or hang out with hubs just want to go to bed,then have probs sleeping cuz i cant breathe boo! and yes tt while im there ill ask about the tests,yeah my friend is just like me sometimes were even thinking the same thing then one of us will say it,she does good being af for a bit then lets stress get to her and cracks,i think weve just worked at the same place for too long and the same shit different day attitude has set in,but yeah mick staying up til 6 a.m?i can barely make it to 10 pm haha,hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday,i love you guys for being here
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Wed 13 November

MAE ALL...

Quiet thread today, everyone must be out living their lives.

Took the coworker who I replaced out for lunch today and as the boss is in Vegas I played bridge this afternoon. :H

TT...thanks for the kickoff. Yup she's the sister that was on holidays with me.

Mick...thanks for the coffee. Yup she knows I've quit. Actually I first quit by going to the AA meeting she was talking about when I was living with her in Saskatchewan. Everyone knows I've quit, I'm the go-to-girl for all things AL related.

Sam...I so hear you about an "even" day. At least you found something positive about yesterday.

Lav...greetings to you too. Hope you've had a good day.

Pauly...hope you were able to get into the doc's today. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Time to start thinking about dindin so will see you tomorrow......PPQP

Comment

af Wed 13 November

Hey all, been having computer problems for a few days, and I've been rather distracted as well, leaving a YahYah that couldn't focus on much, including posting.

Family of origin issues have been settled for the time being, and temporary custody has been granted to my sister. My niece is vastly relieved, and I'm sure my other sister, her mom, is hopping mad. It's all very sad. I've been getting lots of phone calls and have been spending time soothing myself, but not with booze or ciggies, thank goodness. I'm happy that my niece is in a place where she feels safe. It's very ironic that my sister will be asked to attend alcohol abuse classes, as my ex BIL drank excessively for much of their marriage. She has been drinking a lot more these days, but I'm sure she is fuming about the unfairness of it all. I hope that she does some growing from all of this.

Love the jokes today, Mick. I've gotta say, I'm a decent writer, and whenever I've had the urge to write when drinking and sat down at the computer, whatever I read the next morning was pure bunk and embarrassing to read. :H So yes, tt is right on the money with her observations about Mr. Hitchens. How's your back doing?

TT, is it warm by you? It is damn cold here! I hope being a history coach went well.

I'm so sorry to hear about your horse, Sam. Glad that you've got some good work today. Life does go on whether we like it or not. Did you get any snow down there?

I hope you had a good day, Lav, and that it remained child-free.

All that love is coming right back at ya, Pauly! Keep up the good work.

Sounds like you had a good day, PPQP. I'm glad that working full time is good for you, espec. when you get to play around a bit. I know you work very hard 99.9 percent of the time! Sisters, huh?

Thinking of you Det. Feel better soon.

Hi to SF, Cinders and hugs to all!

:l
              YahYah
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
              X