Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you going to reward yourself for a month AF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else planning some sort of reward for being AF for a month? I'm thinking about doing a yoga retreat - they don't allow alcohol - and when I was contemplating going before, I started thinking of ways I'd have to sneak some wine in, or ways to drive to town. But now ... after only 6 days AF, it seems more do-able.
    "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Hi Zin - Don't ever think 'only' day anything! - those 6 days could be the most important of your life - you've taken back control, you're starting to carve a new future - WOW! - it's fantastic so be proud!

I also think rewards are a great idea! Infact, I think they're so good that I didn't wait until 30 days - I gave myself rewards as I went along to help me get to 30 days! New bubbles for the bath, a trip to the hairdresser, new shoes for a new fitness programme, and my favourite - a trip to the spa to the saunas, solariums and steam baths - not only did it feel like a special treat, it also felt so good psychologically feeling all those toxins leaving my body. (note the treats were rather selfish - feel good for me, not the kids for once!)

Not drinking I could justify the rewards with the money I was saving - sure made the 30 days go quicker (mind you, totting up the expense I don't think i came out ahead, but I felt a heck of a lot better for it!)

Enjoy your retreat - but how about throwing in a few rewards ahead of time - go on, you deserve it!!
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Comment

right on Arial!
      A simple pat on the back & a smile before I went to bed every night was all I needed. Then I opened my eyes & noticed the smiles on my childrens' faces & those became added rewards. Everyday I strive to find a reward because they are out there-it's like a treasure hunt!
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

what a wonderfull bunch of people we have here. Thanks you lovely ladies for making me smile.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

almost forgot. Zin, I'd do the yoga retreat!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

a big bottle of jack daniels!!!!!
            only kidding honest, imgoing on a spa day next month

Comment

Working...
            X