Monday May 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday May 7th

Good Morning AB landers! we made it to the east coast so I'm officially on eastern standard time for another 6 nights. Sure is pretty on the coast here in historic VA and we can't wait to sneak out and see the historic sights and enjoy the seafood diet....he he.
    I even logged onto MWO on my cell phone at the airport in TX...what a nut I am. oh well. Happy Monday everyone,
    Det.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Monday May 7th

Hey have some shrimp and crab for me !!! Sounds like you will have a really great time Determinator... Garlic shrimp ... YUM!! Happy Monday to You !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Monday May 7th

Morning Deter & Niblet & those that follow!

Deter~Welcome to the East Coast-although I'm about 400-500 miles north in New England. And aren't you the rebel techno Master! Have a great time.

Smile at the face in the mirror~it's beautiful!
      Happy Monday everyone!
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Monday May 7th

Good morning!
        Hey De....East coast girls are HOT! LOL
        Come on down to Alabama and we'll put a "whoopin" on that seefood diet!
        Hi Bre and Nib Too.
        :l 's to you all
        Windows open and cleaning house for a going away party this Sat for our son.
        No alcohol!
        Love you all.
        Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday May 7th

Hey Nancy~

I've got my daughter's Communion Sat. with party & NO Alcohol too! A BIG HUG to your son sweetie!

Yes, definately, we're HOT!nfire:
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Monday May 7th

And a great big hug back for that baby girl! They grow up too fast!

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday May 7th

Evening all.
              Things to be going quite well for you all.
              I've had a strange day. I couldn't get my head into it's normal contented disposition so I've stopped trying. I'll just try again tomorrow.
              Have a great Monday.

Comment

Monday May 7th

Hi everyone this is day 1 of my plan to do 11 days af.
                I did 28 days in January I moderated quite well after that but last month or so was having far too much at weekends and spilling over into the week too.

I also am giving up smoking again too, I am smoking 20 a day on average at the moment and it's not making me feel good.

I'm sick of being hungover,having no money and not exercising, doing anything.
                I feel so sad, I know I should feel confident as I've done it before but I think I'm doomed to failure.Please support me to feel motivated xx
                one day at a time

Comment

Monday May 7th

Pop~hoping your yin & yang get back alligned...

Bear~take one day at a time. Wake up each day and conquer it. Don't look ahead but at today and now. Congrat yourself for every step because every step forward is an achievement in itself. You CAN do it.

Going to visit dad-he's coming home today. Thanks for all the well wishes. You guys & gals are so thoughtful.

Comment

Monday May 7th

Good morning. I can see the sun poking through these clouds - FINALLY! Too much rain over the last several months! Going to take the little one out for a nice, long power walk this afternoon.

Starting my diet this week. Ate way too much junk food the last few days! Feeling tired and bloated. Back to raw foods and protein. Since I had quit drinking I am obsessed about my diet instead. I hate being obsessive compulsive. It drives me nuts sometimes!

We are all settled into our new place and things are going OK. Seems hubby has been having a huge bout with low self-esteem lately and it kind of is getting me down. I had spent the last 6 months rebuilding my health both mentally and physically and it is really hard to be with someone who is down and irritable. I gave him a huge pep talk last night and I am hoping he will snap out of it and start being happier. One would think he would be happy now our family is back together? Anyway - who knows I am a bit confused. This whole move over here was something he really wanted (and me too) but it seems his actions are indifferent. I just hope it is a re-adjustment phase.

Breez - glad your dad is well enough to come home. That is great to hear!

Bear - glad to see you back on the board. Quitting drinking and smoking is extremely difficult. I want to quit smoking too - and will be heading down to the drug store for some nicorette this afternoon. I am so sick and tired of smoking. Everything else in my life seems on track but the smoking. I wish you well however!

Good to see the rest of you and wish you all a very happy and sober Monday!

Comment

Monday May 7th

Just a quick hello to all. Happy Monday!

Comment

Monday May 7th

Hello all,

Just a quick popping in here - need to be accountable. So far, I am on Day 2 of consecutive days.

Hope all have a great AF,
                        Pansy

Comment

Monday May 7th

Bear, all I can say is that being AF is hard, and being drunk is hard too. Just have to pick which "it's hard" you are willing to live with. There is one additional thing...after a while the AF does get better. Getting wasted just progressively gets worse. Not sure if that was much of a pep-talk but there ya go. today's bargain-priced philosophical offering Hoping the very best for you and glad you are here.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday May 7th

Good Evening all-
                            Nancy...Have a great party Sat! Have fun with your son and family ...karoke machine? line dancing?...you have fun
                            Breeze- You have fun too...1st communion party? Congrats to your daughter. That's wonderful. Hope you have a great time.
                            Popeye- you have been doing great- there are definitely 'down days'. Feel better soon:h
                            hi Bear... You can do 11 days. You did 28. I know you can do it. Mark it off on a calendar...that helps sometimes.
                            Accountable - I'm starting back to dieting too. I've put on 2-3 lbs in the last few weeks...just eating whatever I want. I'm going to get to the gym more often.
                            Lucky...Hi to you too...hope you had a good day.
                            Pansy - day 2 is good...will you post tomorrow when it's day 3? I'll look for your post.
                            Hey - Det...I loved your post after a while the AF does get better. Getting wasted just progressively gets worse. Kind of hits the nail on the head.

I've got to come here more often and post more too....getting lax on things and I need some inspiration.
                            Love,
                            Lisa

Comment

Monday May 7th

Hello everyone..just flying by. No problem with being AF here..once I decide to do it, it seems pretty easy, I guess that is typical for binge drinkers like me. Hubby and I have been talking and it's looking like we're both on the same page with moving forward with a permanent commitment to abstinence..we've done it for many years, and have gone around this block one too many times over the past few years...I think we 'got' it.

I've been feeling horrible, unfortunately, on the topa. I thought I was going to be ok on it, but my stomach has been a wreck..I stayed home from work today. Since hubby and I are on track now, I'll be going off it. I had to wait until I knew I had his full support before I made the decision. I'll be glad to feel normal again, and AF!!!!

I just have such a sensitive body..sensitive to the poison alcohol, and sensitive to any other chemicals, I guess I need to become a purest and just eat whole foods! I know that I would be healthiest and happiest that way!

Have a lovely night everyone...hugs to those that need them, cheers to those that want them and Namaste to all the rest!
                              Di

Comment

Working...
                              X