Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sat 7 December

MAE everyone

here is a link to an interview with Ann Dowsett-Johnston that was on NZ radio this morning. I think it will be of interest = esp to us ladies.

Radio New Zealand : National : Saturday Morning : 07 Dec 2013 : Ann Dowsett-Johnston : women and alcohol

af Sat 7 December

Thanks TT, that was really interesting. She is Canadian too! I think I will get her book.
    Have a great day.
    Sober Saturday
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

af Sat 7 December

Thank you so much for posting this TT
      I SO identify with her and what she says

Comment

af Sat 7 December

hey all, not able to open link atm OH is downstairs, off for a run in a minute, I'm upping my run to walk ratio.

Cinders great to see you, you sound really good.

Mick 82 degrees,wowzers - enjoy!

Off to see old friends for Christmas lunch in London today,I'm really looking forward to it.Won't be a boozy do as kids there,one friend is pregnant.I am getting a cold so not feeling remotely tempted to drink at the moment.Day 19 here - pushing towards first month and I am determined to keep going.

Off to buy Christmas cards on way to train station, always end up buying then finding more in the loft from the previous year!Hoping tree goes up tomorrow and the floor will be all finished.Done most of christmas shopping,online again just a few more bits to buy.Have a great day everyone.
        one day at a time

Comment

af Sat 7 December

Quick post here, off to work, suppose to get a little weather our way but nothing like what PQ and Narily have "enjoyed".
          Just wanted to say all good points on previous day's post re drinking and holidays. Thanks for those timely thoughts. Take care my abber friends
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Sat 7 December

Good morning Abbers,

TT, I just listened to that entire interview, very interesting, thanks!

Greetings narilly, Patrice, bear & Sam

Waiting for the arrival of that 'weather' Sam. I don't care much what it does outside except for the ice & subsequent power failures Stay safe out there!

I have a million things on my to do list. Let's just see how many actually get done :H
            Have a great AF Saturday everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sat 7 December

Good Morning!
              NO hangover today, YES!!!!
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

af Sat 7 December

Mae everybody,i guess we'll all do quickies this morning,its cold here! may snow if it does im gonna be mad it couldnt wait for christmas,ill check that link later tt,lav,if you have a chance can you give me some info on how you felt when first starting amoryn?i want to start it again hope everyone has a great saturday
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Sat 7 December

Evening all and how are we doing this fine day. ..again over here weather is good and hot..not so far off going back to the cold of home tho it is nice to go away its nice to be home tooas you do..eaten too much but that will soon come off went to a show last night. .a saxophonist it was brilliant met a Dutch couple really nice...so how has your weekend been yep its the season of mad parties on us now load of pissed up British last night singing xmas carols then they had a fall out so interesting to watch thinking was I ever such a dick...theanswer being yes..glad you are all ok Cinders ace ..glad all good byrdie tt sf ppqp sam paully narilly patrice bear det lav thinkin of you all...apologies to any I may have missed doing it from memory on fone cya
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sat 7 December

Quick hi Mick - enjoy the last of the sun!

Comment

af Sat 7 December

MAE ALL...

Managed to get the car thawed out for my visit with my Dad. He was in great form and happy to see us. Now it's home to hibernate for the rest of the weekend.

TT...thanks for kicking us off, I'll listen to the interview when I warm up.

Narilly...hope you're keeping warm.

Patrice...I will comment after I listen to it.

Bear...enjoy your day in London.

Sam...you call this enjoyment??? Hope your day is good.

Lav...I quit making to do lists as I'd only feel guilty when nothing got crossed off.

Pauly...good luck with the amoryn, let us know how it's going.

Mick...hope you kept your head covered this time. You'll be heading home to reality soon. Can't wait to see the pics.

Well, it's supposed to go to -16 tomorrow....HEATWAVE Have a great AF Saturday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af Sat 7 December

happy Sat Aberoooos! going to do something rare tonight... go and be social with my wife at a friends house.

i just listened to the shaman nutrition podcast from Dave Asprety's site for a 3rd time today (posted yesterday). it's just so packed with amazing knowledge i can rare about it enough.

I wish you all a merry AFness!

off to prepare brussel sprouts... be well
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X