af Sun 15 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sun 15 December

MAE abberoos. Just a short greeting as I am tired as its been quite a draining day ? taking care of others? needs and no time to have my usual Sunday walk (and nap!). I need some alone time and I need some exercise ? but tonight am just too buggered - so will chill out with a DVD I think. Alone please.

Hope all those who are under the weather are on the mend ? sorry you got sick Lav. Sorry also that you drank Det but as you said you are fessing up and not looking for sympathy. Just take care please and get some rest. :h

Well Mick ? did you (or Julie) get the tree up? We had ours up a while ago but that's partly because we are going away on Friday. Besides ? it distracts the eye from the mess in the rest of he room!:H

I am going to a party this week but only plan on staying for a little while to catch up with some people. My biggest challenge is my partner?s eating ? he is really getting a lot fatter. He has been getting a lot of freebie lunches etc lately - and eats as if we are living in the midst of the Great Depression. I have tried all sorts of tactics over the years but he just won't say no to food on offer. And he seeks out crap food when I am not there. I can't understand why an intelligent guy with a good science degree can't read food labels or care just a little about nutrition/exercise - or just starve a little bit!! God, I sound cruel.

Everyone else ? I hope you are having an easy weekend ? or at least as much as it can be at this time of the year.

af Sun 15 December

mae all...just a quickie ..before I go out and venture into the big wild yonder...how dramatic is that for 510am?..oh yes the tree is up...not only is it a tree...its a new tree!!so the one that I so helpfully got out the loft when madam phoned is now redundant as is the 3 "spare" sets of lights..think Ill put them around the bath!!!!:H
    Big hiya to everyone...Det...as you say mate ..no sympathy gotta be your call
    Lav your ma defo had the right idea with the deccies!!
    tt..you ok? sound a wee bit fed up....as for the eating ...moi I cannot comment!!!in your post you said you wont be home at Chrimbo.....going anywhere nice?
    Hiya Pauly ...you ok?
    Sam hows the music sessions going?

Right folksies Im off..take care n have a good one
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sun 15 December

Thanks Mick - I am just very tired thats all. Probably shouldn't have posted!
      You have a good day and trip.
      We are off into the wilds for Christmas.

Comment

af Sun 15 December

Good Sunday morning Abbers,

The sun is out so hopefully this will be a day of melting

Det, sorry to hear you drank?
        I had to take that option completely off the table when I started here. I had to learn to ignore those damn thoughts.

TT, I have dealt with YB's eating problems since I first met him at the age of 16. His whole family were horrible eaters. I thought he would change his ways, follow my example if you will - but no, he hasn't. He is fatter now at the age of 61 than he's ever been & he won't exercise either. If we can change our ways, I see no reason why bad eaters can't change theirs
        It has to be their decision I guess - all the education & example setting in the world won't help.

Mick, I hope you have a fab day & good job on the new tree

I feel 100% better today, grateful for that!
        Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sun 15 December

Peter O'Toole aka Lawrence of Arabia has died. He quit drinking 30 years ago after destroying his stomach (I think). In his words

"The time has come to stop roaming," he said. "The pirate ship has berthed. I can still make whoopee, but now I do it sober."

I like that! RIP.

Comment

af Sun 15 December

aww, I like Peter O Toole - I drank as well - and like Det says no sympathy.
            Time to re-evaluate for me.
            one day at a time

Comment

af Sun 15 December

Evening here and how do to all.
              A quiet day of cleaning house, listening to feetsball on the radio, and staying mud free. Boy is it sloppy out. Suppose to be a clear week so maybe it'll dry up some. Not much going on, just checking in.
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Sun 15 December

greetings peeps. a good AF day here at home, resting and collecting myself. will NOT allow a binge to make things much worse than they could be.
                I seem to need a 'reset' from time to time. I really wish I didn't because I hate them. I need another mechanism to fill that strange mental need I have.
                be well everyone, and here's to the approaching un-hung Monday
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X