af 26 Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af 26 Dec

Good morning all ..on his boxing day....did you know? yep we ll get to that.....so how was Chrimble day for everyone? no casualties? did everyone get through it ok?I did the chauffeuring bit..

tea and coffee on the go.

Morning tt...how are you today?So a closet Downton fan?...well you won be disappointed with the special..it was great ..trouble is ..got to wait until the Autumn for the new series.hope all is well with you..you back soon?

Morning SL....great to see you on here yesterday...having a quiet one?What are we going to do if Scotland becomes independant this year ...we going home?Look forward to seeing you on Monday ....and you enjoy your 3 days in Sam Franks disco with your weans.

Morning Det how are you doing?Quiet one for you was it?as Lav said interesting philosophy...or "Ive done the pits...now for the peaks!"

Morning bear ...how was your Chrimble?

Hiya Kas ...great to see you...what project are you into now? Soon be 3 years for you ...well done

Hello Sam ...well how did your day go? Was it tunes r us or just a quiet family time?

Hiya Byrdie ..you ok?merry Chrimbo to you...my 2nd one sober ...thank you

Hiya Pauly ...how you doing?well Im proud to say that I didnt let the side down with regards to food ..while all around me were getting merrily caned on al ...I just steadily demolished the table of food...how was your day?did i go good for you?

Hiya Lav ..well how did the madhouse go yesterday?bet here weren't too many granny naps!!Are you back in the land of reality..or is today a continuation?Yep that Amish prog is pretty good ...only watched a bit of it...find it fascinating to to look at ...as a way of life not from a religious point of view...speaking of view ..now heres a brew..see the sheer poetry there? Sharp as a blunt stick I am!!!have a good one

Hiya G hows you doing? quiet day yesterday...you doin ok?

Mornin ppqp ...hows you today....oh oh dont look out of your window theres an arsey building supervisor on the way down yer street!!!!:Take it you are a your dads? wherever ..you have a great time

Hiya Mrs Molls ..thort I would give ya a mensh...hope all went well for you ...will jump in and see later in the army thread.

Hiya turn..you know looking at your avatar ..you haven changed a bi since I last seen ya :H...glad all is well with you

Right my merry band of braves ..time to go ...and face another meal today...more brussel sprouts!!!!going to get a kite ...they work well with wind!!!
    Have a great day!!!

Boxing Day is celebrated all over the world, just to name a few countries that celebrate this day are: Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany, Greenland, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Kenya, New Zealand, Norway, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
    In South Africa, Boxing Day is known as ?Day of Goodwill?.
    In Ireland they call Boxing Day ?St. Stevens Day?.
    In other continental European countries, it is known as ?Christmas II? or ?Second Christmas Day?.
    Boxing Day traditions depend on the location, however it includes shopping, giving money and gifts to the less fortunate, and a day of watching sporting events like horse racing and football.
    On Boxing Day 2004 a massive earthquake created a tsunami around the Indian Ocean resulting in the deaths of over 300,000 people.
    In Australia, New Zealand, Canada and UK, Boxing Day is the heaviest shopping day of the year.
    Boxing Day is one of the British bank holidays recognised since 1871.
    There is no official reason as to why it is known as ?Boxing Day?.
    On Boxing Day in the UK, the most popular online searches for shopping are sale items.
    National Candy Cane Day is celebrated 26th December every year in the United States.

Just opened our presents from Nan and my 5-year old son got a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Lucky bastard!

I got Spider Man pyjamas which are way too small for me.

Whoever said technology will replace paper has obviously never tried to wipe their ass with an iPad.

Paddy and Mick are walking along a street in London.

Paddy looks in one of the shop windows and sees a sign that catches his eye.

The sign reads,"Suits ?5.00 each,Shirts ?2.00 each,Trousers ?2.50 per pair."

Paddy says to Mick,"Mick look at those prices,we could buy a whole lot of those and when we get back to Ireland we could make a fortune selling them.Now when we go in there,keep quiet,OK? I'll do all the talking because if they hear our accents,they might think we're thicko's from Ireland and try to screw us.I'll put on my best English accent."

"Roight y'are Paddy,I'll keep my mouth shut ,so I will,you do all da business" says Mick.

They go in and Paddy says in a posh English voice,"Hello my good man,"I'll take 50 suits at ?5.00 each,100 shirts at ?2.00 each,and 50 pairs of trousers at ?2.50 each.I'll back my truck up and load them on myself."

The owner of the shop says,"You're from Ireland,aren't you?"

"Well yes," says a surprised Paddy,"What gave it away?"

The shop owner replies,"This is a f.cking dry cleaners."

I'll never forget my son's face this morning when he opened his present.

It was a picture.

He loves pictures.

I couldn't believe it when my dad got me a PS4, an iPad Air and Samsung Galaxy S4 for Christmas.

While the rich kids in the house next door just got broken into.

My wife got some smelly stuff for Christmas.

I blocked the toilet.

I wish they'd invent a pair of tights that don't rip.

I think everyone in this bank just saw my face.

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af 26 Dec

Yo Mick et al
    Hope you all had a lovely day yesterday?
    I am following tradition here & visiting friends on St Stephen's Day ( Boxing Day to you Brits ):H
    Been over to the Undies - !
    Now here to raid the fridge for the makings of a Turkey sambo :H

Comment

af 26 Dec

Satzy ..nice to see you...hope all went well for you ..as for a turkey sanny ...your quite welcome ...all the way into January to get one!!:H:H
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af 26 Dec

Happy AF Thursday to you Satz, Mick and y'all to come,

Going good here thanks Mick. Hope you and yours had a beeewdy, and everyone else did too.

Late here, so orf to bed soon. Take care.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

af 26 Dec

Good morning Abbers & visitors too

Enjoying the coffee Mick, thank you. And I'm just realizing how tired I am after two days of commotion but everyone survived :H
          A granny nap sounds like a great idea this afternoon!
          It's cold, cloudy & apparently snowing just west of here - uh oh!

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF Thursday! I'll check in later

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af 26 Dec

Mae everybody,hope everyones christmas was a fun one mine was good just surprised my jeans still fit haha,i gotta work today its probly gonna be slow as people will be out shopping today too with the after christmas sales and returns plus money they got for christmas,not me im done with shopping til next year! and i always get post-holiday blues,im feeling it today just sort of an after the storm affect i guess,itll pass,no al all christmas and i didnt care thank goodness,hope everyones day goes good
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af 26 Dec

Good morning Mick et al! :l meant to pop in yesterday and give you all a Christmas hug. Sounds as though Santa was good to you and everyone. We had a quiet one here in Seattle except for 2 Christmas kitties Santa brought for the twins on Christmas Eve! :wow:
              The dog has already packed her bags and is waiting for a cab...:H

Thanks for educating me on Candy Cane Day! I've always felt a bit left out here with no Boxing Day to celebrate... (And I don't do Black Friday...) so this is way great!

Love to everyone and yes, a nap sounds good this afternoon. :l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

af 26 Dec

Hi guys. I had started the 26 dec thread already before this thread started. I called it Af boxing day but forgot that boxing day is meaningless in many parts of the world. Glad everyone seems to have had a good Christmas.
                Pauly its normal to feel a bit flat after the excitement. It's also exhaustion!
                Big drive for me today. It's the 27th here and we go home

Comment

af 26 Dec

Quick check in before we hit the road - well, girls still in the land of nod so it may take a while.
                  Mick - Boxing Day was my favourite holiday, it seems to have changed from a real day off to a shopping day. that's sad. I did believe that the term boxing day came from the olden days where the below stairs help would gather the boxes from the gifts of the lords and ladies of the manor, could pop some of the left overs and head to their families homes for a couple of hours to see their families for a wee while. The had to just take 4 or so hours as they needed to do it in shifts in case the lords and ladies woke needing help after their days of celebration and excess..
                  Off for my little holiday - will have my phone for a peek to keep me on track, will check in when we return...
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af 26 Dec

Happy boxing Day All! and St Stephen's Day, Satz!
                    I am off to dinner with the out laws. I will not drink. Ate a ton of food yesterday and I got lots of yummy chocolates from my hubby. Bernard Callebaut is the Best chocolate in Calgary and that is what I got.
                    Turkey soup is cooking now.
                    Hope everyone is well.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

af 26 Dec

[FONT=Georgia]Hello my Abs friends, and a belated Merry Christmas! It was a rushed affair this year, as Maddie and I drove back home from NY after Christmas dinner, since she had to go back to work today.

It sure is nice to see some peeps on here that I haven't seen regularly in the past, so hi Mr. G., Narilly, Satz, Kradle.....

Mick, Lav, Pauly, PPQP, SF, SL, TT, Det, it is good to see you all again. I hope you all had blessed holidays.

Unfortunately, I am finding both of my sisters harder and harder to take, even the sister that I get along with better. It makes me very sad to feel this way, but I do. The good news is that I made it through sober. I have been in a lot of denial about how dysfunctional my WHOLE family is. I will spare you all the gory details, but it is good to get back home. It certainly made for some interesting discussion on the way home with my daughter. The bright spots were seeing my nieces and seeing my little grand-nephew, who is now 3 months old and is really showing his personality. At any rate, it all highlights that I need to continue working on my life and myself.

Anyway, sending hugs to all! Next up is 2014! Lordy!

:l
                      YahYah

I don't understand why this font sh*t isn't working.

[FONT]
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af 26 Dec

ahoy ABeroooos!

another quiet day at home. boy, I could sure get used to this.

YAH, sorry to hear about the drama..tis the time of year for that too in many cases.

made a super yummy tropical chicken salad with red cabbage, mangoes, tomatoes, onions, garlic, cilantro, lemon zest and lemon juice. bling!

life without that horrid flue, the dental issues and hangovers is so grand I almost don't know how to feel

here's a pic of Dx and I at a hike at Red Rock near Las Vegas during Thanksgiving:

be well everyone
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X