AF Friday 10 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Friday 10 Jan

Morning all - up ready for another day,although my snuggle cat doesn't seem to want me to be going anywhere!Knee is progressing, cough is fading and have CBT appt. It really is working,although I did less ' homework' BUT thinking of alternatives when I do extreme thinking seems to happen more naturally now.

Feeling hassled and like I have far too much to do already, need to set up cleaning/tidying routine - not done that yet so it's all feeling a bit chaotic.But, it will be ok, not the end of world and am sure with 30 mins of tidying and a couple of loads of washing it will be all sorted.

Enjoying starting to feel clear headed again after all of the Christmas excesses.This weekend night in tonight with OH,tomorrow friends coming over for food - I'm gonna cook chilli - nice and healthy,cheap and easy.Sunday - skating (watching) and fitting in gym sessions today,tomorrow and Sunday. Happy happy!
    one day at a time

AF Friday 10 Jan

mae all..how are you? lost one post already ..!!Well here we go ..start to the weekend ..unless you are in upside downland where its already started!!Got to mention the weather ...it isnt raining!!!!Some really sad news ..my next door neighbour their dil was pregnant ,some complication set in ,both her and baby died the night before last...leaving the son with a 3 year old boy now...kind of shakes your faith a bit..and no that isnt an opener for a religious debate ,simply my own personal thoughts!!!When you look at some of the shit and dross floating about this world ..it begs the question why.wherever they are I hope they are at peace.

Tea and coffee for those that need /want it .

Morning Lav ..how are you today? my apologies ..you were right about the helicopter...ok Iwas 50% right ..with Norfolk!!looks like a good trip out for you today ..looks a smart place..heres a flask!!have a great time

Morning Narilly ..how are you today? any plans set out for the weekend or as it comes?no matter have a good one.

Hiya Pauly ..hope you are feeling better today...yep you are sure to catch all sorts of germs and lurgies in contact with joe public.

ppqp ...morning to you ..had to read your post twice ..after the helicopter talk .."we have still got a chinook" I thought whats she doing with a helicopter?...oh well ..have a great day to go with this brew.

Hiya bear ..glad you are on the mend just take it easy tho.

SL hiya..hows you today?ok I hope ..nah wouldnt get too stressy headed about the wine ..in fact you could actually use it as inspiration..example ..forget about the wine it was a gift you never had it ..so what happens to it is immaterial..but you can use it as targets ..you have got 5 months worth ..pour them away but make getting to each point a target..look forward to getting rid of it as opposed to bemoaning drinking it..put it in the bin ...not your own!!or pour it away ...pics required for us ..not as proof but to celebrate with you..does that make sense??

Hiy trtops..look no ee s!!:H and hows you today ..complete with spanky new hair do!!are the hairdressers over there same as here ..gossip centres?Amy got hair rollers for Chrimbo ..they are coming back into fashion ...that look where the women wore rollers in their hair with headscarf and pinny..gossiping on the doorsteps!!!boy my ma would be a fashion queen!.

right peeps time to go ..have a great weekend everyone........

This new 5:2 diet is amazing.

I'm having breakfast at five to eight, nibbles at five to nine and brunch at five to ten.

My wife is living proof that women can multitask

She can actually shout and moan at the same time

I'm not saying it's a bit rough round where I live, but the kids play hopscotch around chalked body outlines.

I love the way that people complain about non-nationals taking their jobs.

Good luck with your applications to become fruit pickers, toilet attendants and prostitutes.

I've recently been a stunt man in a couple of films.

Nothing major, just a couple of small rolls.

I see Russia will allow protests during the Winter Olympics as long as participants stay within a designated area.

Poland.

My internet's been down for days.

Maybe I should search for happier things.

I haven't had a girlfriend in years, so I thought I'd go out and find one.

The wife went f.cking mental.

My wife thought if we got our 10-year-old son a chemistry set he'd be beaten up by the other kids on the estate.

If anything, he's become more popular since setting up a meth lab.

I saw a flyer for the Scottish Independence campaign that said, 'Ever wonder where Scotland's wealth goes?'

Erm, is it into the till at The Tartan Arms?

I can't believe I was the victim of identity theft.

But on a positive note, my credit rating went up.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Friday 10 Jan

MAE ALL...

Bear...thanks for the kickoff and that's great about the alternatives coming more naturally. You just need to apply it to your feeling hassled now. Enjoy your weekend.

Mick...that's funny. You never know I could have brought a chopper home from the wedding. :H Sorry to hear about your neighbor, I really didn't think things like that happened anymore. Glad the rain has stopped for you. Sometimes if it drags on for days it starts to wear you down. Now get out there and get the bunny flooring fixed.

Lav...have a great time at the fair. It's been awhile since I've been to one but always enjoyed them.

There was a present in the mail for me yesterday, a Jury Summons. 2nd one in two years. Going to use the same excuse - ongoing litigation - to try get out of it. Going to pop down to my Dads at lunch today as I have to work Saturday morning. The boss and I are interviewing prospective replacements for my old job.

Off to get my second cuppa and read Mick's jokes. Have a lekker AF Friday all and all to come.....PPQP

Comment

AF Friday 10 Jan

A rainy cold morning here in Virginny.
        Mick so sorry to read of your neighbor, what a tragic thing to have happen.
        All quiet here, played some tunes last night. Getting that feeling that I'm needing to get things done clean up / fencing wise as spring will be here with a blink of an eye, then the bees, ticks, and briars come out!
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

AF Friday 10 Jan

Good morning Abbers,

Had no choice but to cancel my plans for the day. Woke up to a coating of ice on everything & reports of icy roads & numerous accidents. I'm not interested in driving nearly 100 miles in that

bear, hope you have a good day.

Mick, that's so sad about your neighbor. Something like that does shake your faith, I have to agree. Sending healing thoughts for that family :l

PQ, the farm show is interesting, if you go about once or twice per decade! It's an indoor event, they have a huge complex right in our state capitol city but getting there in bad weather is always a problem. I am just going to hang out here today with my daughter & granddaughter, they stayed overnight

Sam, no ice for you today? Just rain? That's a good thing.

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Friday 10 Jan

Hi there everyone -it is Saturday here already but I thought I would be sociable!
            I am really sorry to hear about your neighbour's loss - what a shock. I didn't think this sort of thing happened much in developed countries today but it does. So sad.

Lav - sounds like a good plan to stay at home. We are expecting warm weather and sun today!

SL - Mick's idea is a good one - or else you could give the wine to a friend (as long as they don't have AL problems!). Don't take it out of the box - just pass it on. Donate it to the Little Sisters of the Poor!

Hi there Sam and Bear and all others. Hope your Friday goes well!

Comment

AF Friday 10 Jan

Mae everybody,Mick that is absolutely horrible! how heartbreaking for the family,TT i posted on my "whining"tbread id love to see your new 'do,is it k9 short?do descibe it to us,ugh i wish i felt better,i wish i could take that mucinex i have but it makes me feel weird,kinda speedy i dont like that,i have things i need to get done today but i dont see it happening,hope everyone has a good fridayp.s Bear give me some of that energy girl! im jealous
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

AF Friday 10 Jan

Mick, OMG that is so awful!! It sure makes me appreciate everything I have. I am alive and have 2 beautiful healthy kids. I am so lucky.
                On top of that I am sober
                Bear, you go skater Girl!

Pauly, hope you feel better soon.

Lav, Sam your weather sounds terrible. We have a chinook here so it is pretty nice, around 0C. Snow melting everywhere.
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

AF Friday 10 Jan

MAE ALL..

Narilly, great day out there today eh!

Our mail server went down around 2:30 today and I said to the boss, Mail's down let's go home. He said ok and we all headed out. That was a nice surprise.

As I have to work tomorrow I visited with my Dad this morning unfortunately he wasn't in this time zone today. He was alert and talking a mile a minute so that was ok, I just went to his time zone.

Picked up supplies for beef kebabs for supper tonight num, num, num. Will check back later.....PPQP

Comment

AF Friday 10 Jan

Hey all! Mick, what a shocking story about your neighbors' DIL. That is just so sad. It does shake one up, and it sure makes me appreciate what I have, even the not-so-great stuff. One's life can get turned upside down so quickly.

Lav, I was wondering last night if you'd make it to the farm show when I saw the weather reports. I hope you get to go another time this weekend. That complex in Harrisburg is a pretty big deal, and the Tournament of Bands holds their annual marching band competition there in November.

bear, you are sounding very good, and it sounds like you are making great use of the CBT. Good work!

PPQP, if a Chinook isn't a helicopter, what is is? Can you help out, Narilly?

Waves to Pauly, tt, Sam, and Det, if you pop in later.

It's going to be an early night for me. It's been a busy and tiring week and will be a busy weekend, as well. I just want to zone out and read.

:l
                    YahYah
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Friday 10 Jan

Hi all - Friday evening and i have spent the day running around like a chicken with my head cut off - sadly I got the Friday evening feelings, and am shouting at them to leave me alone, but they are pestering me! GRRR!!!
                      Sorry about your neighbour Mick, that is too sad...
                      TT - little sisters of mercy, I like that idea - hmmmm...
                      Pauly - i have the crud too - I rattle when I laugh! Horrid, I sound like an old chronie bhronie..
                      Hi Bear, PPQ, San, Lav, Nar and YAH.
                      It is lovely - just need to poke my nose in here and the voices settle to a dull roar - tehy were getting pretty loud, and I DID NOT LIKE IT!
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

AF Friday 10 Jan

SL - not sure if its still Friday nite where you are but tell those voices to f__k off! Its Not Friday nite everywhere - and its Sat nite here.
                        Plenty of people use Sat nite as an excuse to get loaded too - and Sunday afternoon (maybe earlier) - of course they stop on Monday morning.:H

Can someone please give me Chinook 101!

Severe tropical cyclone here in the Pacific islands but not in NZ.

Comment

Working...
                        X