af Tuesday 14 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Evening folks ? or should I say MAE? There seemed to be general chirpy birds here on Monday ? and I see we are getting back into the post-Christmas excitement of swapping food stories (and things that Scottish folk ingest).

Yah ? yes I know the feeling you have with Maddie. I miss my girl heaps when we are parted but usually get the grunt response when we are back together. My partner G is the same too. And yes, the angst today was over bangs (or a fringe) as we call it here. There?s other hormonal stuff going on too and she is having a rough time with her body ? so I am being supportive. Tomorrow we get exam results ? more tension.

I watched Leaving Las Vegas very early in this last quit ? it did sort of jolt me. Tonight I am watching ?The Swimmer? ? 1960s movie with Burt Lancaster in it. Its based on the short story by John Cheever ? and those in the know, know that AL is a common theme here. The DVD has excellent reviews and I will post a report. (short!)

PPQP-yes, thanks I think I have a recipe like your one. Tonight I cooked fish (brill), diced curried potatoes, new season corn, broccoli and salad. I won?t send you the photo!

Mick- I read about your neighbour?s DIL in the papers. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman.

Narilly- you seem to be buzzing along. Can I ask what part of India your parents are from? I have spent quite a bit of time in India.

Det ? I am a vegemite girl not a marmite monster. Same thing really except vegemite is less intense. People used to think marmite had meat in it but here it doesn't. I lightly spread my vegemite on toast or crackers. Its almost zero in calories so it can liven up boring things. But its definitely something to take in moderation. Quite salty ? but the tiny amount people eat wouldn?t hurt.

SL ? interesting post you did on liver functions. I am due for blood tests soon. Hope you blues are banished. I sometimes have a bad time on Monday as I don't sleep so well on Sunday night.

Hi there Pauly, SF and Sam (and I bet I missed someone ? I always do!).

You know its interesting how we only have 3 guys on this thread (at my last count). I noticed that the meds threads (esp the Baclofen ones) have a lot more guys. Just an observation. Do you guys here (Mick, Det and Sam) feel at all bothered by our feminine cabal?

OK to off to do some doinsg before i tackle the DVD.

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Hi all,
    Well I'm back after a rather shaky start to the year..
    I love vegemite TT, had loads of it when I was back
    Take Care
    Patrice

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Welcome back Patrice! :welcome:

Do you want to share with us why you think you started drinking again? What's the plan? I am sure you will get support and straight talking here!

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Thank you TT, I think I started again because I hadn't been abstinent long enough before I was in front of massive temptation.. and then it took me a couple of weeks to totally stop again.. is the honest answer..

Plan is to incorporate exercise and more organisation into my life.. and to learn as much as i can from the experience of you guys along the way !!

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

mae all...and how are we today..did you know ..its nearly hump day? that certainly has different connotations over here...but ahemm moving swiftly on!!well on the technical side ..manged to bugger up me kindle last night...lost all the books that were on it and cant find the documents folder to download any more ..all I get from the side line is "theyll be stored in the cloud"for me the only thing stored in clouds is feckin rain!!!:H ..ok on we go with you choose ..turbulent timid torrid or trundling Tuesday.

Tea n coffee shop is now open!!

Mornin tt..how are you?ok I hope ..yep Catherine was a nice lady..havent spoken to the neighbours yet ..last thing they need is me with ill fitting words..what papers do you read? I know it was in the Daily Mail.Well for me the male female ratio on here doesnt matter one iota ..BRING IT ON MISSUS!!!:H....no seriously tho ..al has no preference in gender..I think sometimes that the macho image kicks in with men..problem what problem ..rubbish ..gies another pint!!until its too late!!hope things are ok with your daughter..oh and have a great gossip at the hairdressers!

Mornin Lav ..how are you today?big strong brew to get you on the road..here you go..interesting facts .com did you know that in Thomas the tank engine ..the first engine was Edward not Thomas ..it all started when Rev Awtrys son had measles so he started drawing pics for him instead of the rhyme "down at the station early in the morning"what a font of absolute sh.te I am!..off schedule since Christmas ..hey no probs..only 340 odd days to go :H have a great day

PPqp ..hiya ..how are you? only one near qualified??Question .."so tell me ..if you were successful in gaining employment in our group..what benefits do you think you could bring to the table?"
          Ideal answer ..tea coffee and biscuits!!! :H

Have a great day

Hiya Pauly ..hows you today?hope the cold is on its way out..as for life being interesting ...its what you make it..like everyone else I get down ..seriously down sometimes..but a kick in the arse works wonders!:H..so get that big smiley face on and njoy life you know you can x

morning yah..jeez jocks got everywhere!!!hows you today?I love German food...wursts ..shnitzels frikadelle ..the only thing I didnt like over there was bacon ..it was cut so thin you could see through it!!How did things go with Maddie ok ?You still as busy..have a great day ..dont forget you time!!

Mornin Narilly hows you today ..first concert at the weekend? wow..so your parents are from India? love that country ..yep and the food too !!In fact come to the conclusion I just like food n travelling!!!

hiya SL..oops missed out mealy puddins!!ye gods Im gettin homesick and I only live down the road!!!great answer ..when did I have the time to drink..you go girl!!!

Hiya Det ...hows Vegas?is it all glittzy and shiny light land as it is portrayed?One thing I have never had is marmite ..just doesnt do it for me

well my fine friends ..time to move on ..rabbits to clean out ,swimming, and the obligatory housework ...no Jeremy Kyle or Judge Judy for this guy ...thankfully ...have a great day.

You know that amazing feeling when you go to bed knowing that the entire house is clean?

No, neither do I.

And so, the beautiful woman kissed the frog, which sent the frog's wife to hospital with mental health issues.

Thought I had ?707 in my bank account, turns out it was "LOL" and I was holding my statement upside down.

Apparently 4 out of 3 people struggle with maths

I drank alone quietly at the pub last night, when the bartender approached me.

"Alright, mate?" he asked.

"No, my wife's just left me," I replied, looking glum.

"Oh, sorry mate. Listen, it's not over yet. Life goes on," he lectured.

"Cheers, mate," I nodded, glancing at the ladies. "But she'll be back in ten minutes."

I can't find my 'Gone in 60 seconds' DVD,it was here a minute ago.

My wife is coming home from a business trip tomorrow.

As a hopeless romantic,I really want to show her I simply can't live without her.

So I haven't washed up for 10 days.

Did you know that it takes 3 sheep to make a sweater?

Amazing,I didn't even know they could knit.

Is scrumping a real crime? I don't think so, but the security guard at the Apple Store seems to think otherwise...

I called my boss this Morning and said, "I'm not coming into work today."

"Why not?" he asked.

I said, "My wife is throwing up in bed so she hasn't ironed my uniform."

"That's a shit excuse!" he shouted.

I said, "I know, but try telling her that."

In my spare time I like to dress up as a knight, and jump over 20 parked cars on a horse.

I call myself Medieval Knievel.

Went to the doctors and he told me i needed a pacemaker, so now I've got this annoying kenyan guy 2 yards in front of me everywhere I go!

My Missus said he's leaving me because of my obsession with karaoke. ...
          I said "Fine, go on now go, walk out the door, just turn around now, because your not welcome anymore...."

Some prick chucked a brick through my window last night with a note attached to it.

It said,"Dave's Glazing Services Tel 0725566435."

Watched a woman talk on the Jeremy Kyle Show today about the abusive relationship she shares with her partner. Some of the things she said horrified me. The scratches, the bruises, even a video player thrown at her. I thought to myself 'it's terrible, it's as if they still live in the dark ages.'

I mean, who the feck still owns a video player?

A Policeman was rushed to the hospital with a badly inflamed appendix. The Doctors quickly operated and advised him that all was well; however, the Policeman had an awfully strange feeling around his pubic region.

Too embarrassed to ask and worried that he may have had further surgery that the Doctors had yet to tell him about - he finally got enough energy to pull his hospital gown up enough so that he could look at what was making him so uncomfortable.

As he sat up he was shocked to discover - taped firmly across his pubic hair and private parts - three very wide strips of very adhesive tape; the kind that doesn't come off easily... if at all!

Written on the tape in large black letters were the words;

"Get well soon! Love, the Nurse in the Land Rover you booked for speeding last week."

I can't stand those people who hate football but still go along to games to deliberately cause trouble and ruin it for everybody else.

Fecking referee's.

One day a chicken will be able to cross the road without having their motives questioned.

I started one of my New Years Resolutions today and went to the gym and did a few laps.

Maybe next time I'll park the car and go in.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Good morning Abbers,

All dark & cloudy here at the moment, rain on the way, not snow so I'm grateful!

TT, it's been a long time since I've had a teenager to deal with but we all survived
            The good thing is that by the time your 15 year old turns 30 you both have forgotten all the angst!

Patrice, welcome back!
            Hope you are able to get back on track - stick around with us.

Mick, my younger grandson is still so 'Thomas' oriented - I swear he thinks he's a train half the time :H He repeats lines from the shows & everything :H

I have the pleasure of taking my car in to the dealership today for a recall service. Not even sure what part is being recalled but I don't have to pay anything so I'll go. Taking my iPad for some fun & entertainment while I sit & wait!

Have a great AF Tuesday everyone!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

MAE all,

Just a quick fly-by as I have a long work day today, and I have some sorting out to do before I get started.

I love hearing about all the different foods people eat and the different places they are from.

:welcome: back, Patrice! Yes, a number of us have fallen from grace before. We will support you on your journey back. Please hang around.

Have a great day, all!

:l
              YahYah
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

MAE ALL....

Been sitting here procrastinating. Don't want to go out and deal with the ice and snow. :no:

TT...thanks for the kick start and thank god for the men. They keep us balanced.

Mick...it's timid Tuesday at the moment but could turn into turbulent Tuesday when I walk out the door. :H

Patrice...welcome back. Pull up a chair, Mick's got the coffee.

Lav...have fun at the dealership. Too bad Mick didn't supply you with a list of questions.

YahYah...remember some me time during your busy day.

Have to bite the bullet and get ready for work. Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come.....PPQP

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Mae everybody,quick check in just to say hi and i hope we all have a good tuesday p.s glad youre back patrice,hang with us for a bit
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

ppqp...Lav answered the main question ..how much does it cost ...nish nada nowt zilch!!! as for what it is getting recalled for ...in technical speak ...the thingummyjoofer is buggered..

Lav..name this tune .do do do do do do doo...heres a line your grandson wont hear.."Now Thomas was a very naughty engine ...he got pissed up and went completely off the rails!!!:H:H
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Quick hi everyone.
                      We are going from -7C today to +7C. How nuts is that?

Mick, TT, my parents are from Punjab, India. I was born here though and so I call myself an oreo cookie. Brown on the outside and white on the inside, lol! Actually, no one believes that is my background, they think I am Greek, Spanish, Chilian, Italian....
                      My mom does not drink hardly at all and would Never ever be able to understand my issue with AL. She has been totally unimpressed with me on numerous occasions when I showed up home drunk. I wonder sometimes if that is part of the reason I drank. They were/are (mom is still alive) great parents though.
                      Mick- I love Curry! Isnt that one of the 5 food groups?

Pat- nice to see you!

Lav- I have a box full of Thomas the tank from when my son was little. Come by and get it! Now he has dread locks and is 17. How things change. I love that kid though.

Gotta go!
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Turnaround Tuesday - yeah! I did sleep last night (thanks to calms forte) - now need a few more nights like that!
                        At work, meeting starting soon - trying to get my head in the game...
                        YES! Love curry - used to live in Nottingham and have brother in Leicester - best curries out - I really have not found good curry here in Ca!!
                        Will check in later - Hi Patrice!!
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Wicked Wednesday here already and we are expecting at least 24 degrees and brilliant sunshine.

Lav - by the time my daughter is 30 -I will be well into my 70s - of course my memory will be as sharp as ever!:H

Great movie last night - definitely different but I enjoyed it.

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Just posted about the movie I watched - The Swimmer - as a new thread under General Discussion

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

SL- how can there be no good Curry in Ca? You guys have a larger population than Canada! There must be, you just have to look

TT- The Swimmer? I will check it out. Don't have much time right now because I am really into Downton Abbey. Its really good.

TT- I will be well into my 60's when my daughter is 30 so I am not that far behind....
                              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X