af Tuesday 14 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Tuesday 14 Jan

We can buy good curries here in even in small towns in New Zealand. I also make my own - nothing flash - but I try to adapt the dishes to cut down on oil and evil things. I don't like some of the fast food curries in the UK - many people go for just the 'hot' and I prefer to taste the spices. Guess I am a curry snob!:H

Love the Punjabi breads - nom nom....

We spent a few days in Amritsar a few years ago - visited the Golden temple. Truely amazing experience and also visually too. I even had a rare spiritual moment!

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

That is cool TT. I have only been there a couple of times when i was little, went to Amritsar.
      Yes, naan bread is delish! My mom makes the best Indian food and my grandma was amazing too. I am a bit of a curry snob myself!
      I make it myself, it is very easy.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Now I'm hungry for curry :H :H

Well, I took my car in for the 11 am appointment. I was told they had no record of the appointment & they don't even have the parts in yet for the recall.....WTF?
        I just said OK & went back home - no use in wasting my energy getting angry with a bunch of idiots. Mind you - I received an email conformation of the appointment yesterday but I guess that didn't count......idiots.

Mick, when this repair is finally done there will be no charge. General Motors issued a recall for safety reasons - cheaper for them to fix the problem rather than risk being sued!
        I will be on boy watch tomorrow for several hours & that means more episodes of Thomas - pray for me!!!!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

This must be a curry sort of day. I just made a chickpea curry, probably not a epicurian delight, but I am happy with it. I even ran out of curry powder, so I looked up all the spices that went into it and made up some more out of my own spices. I don't like anything too hot. There comes a point where you can't taste anything because your mouth is burning up.

Narilly, I have always enjoyed your name, but had no idea how you got it. Knowing that you are Indian makes it make more sense somehow, even if that makes no sense. It has a lilting quality. I can only imagine the curries your mother makes!

I am a big fan of naan, and naan just loves my waist, hips and thighs. :upset:

Anyway, just finished up work, so I'm happy to have something yummy to eat.

:l
          YahYah
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Prayers on the way, Lav!

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

I will also be mid 60's by the time my oldest reaches 30 - so with you there TT. And as for memory - mine will also be as sharp as ever, however that is not too good just now, so not sure I should be boasting about that
              There are some curry places locally - but I am also a bit of a snob - I believe there are some good ones in San Fran but i have not looked - usually head straight for seafood or italian - or chinese....ok, need to add Indian! I should really be cooking my own and mixing my spices - my brother is really good at mixing spices and making lovely currys - I like mild, tasty ones....
              OK - got in from work, getting early supper before heading out for school events...
              Hopefully wonderful wednesday will come my way after a tremendous tuesday sleep...Happy HUUUUMMP day to those there already or getting close....
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

hello Guys, Just thought I would drop in and say high. Someone mentioned that there were only 3 males on this thread. Well.....................there are 4 now ha ha ! Just trying to claw my way back from the al madness over Christmas / Newyear. I live in Australia near Melbourne and its as hot as all hell. We are having a heat wave with 40 deg PLUS cel. Some areas are going to top 45 deg today!!! I think that might be around 110 F ?? Anyhow we just get through it ,pretty much the norm here.... its summer. Our main threat is Bushfire at this time of the year. There has been a few but we still have weeks of hot weather ahead. Nice to chat guys and girls of course. I have been struggling a bit so need to start and post, and post. Hope you all have a nice day, wherever u may be in the world.:hallo::hallo::hallo::hallo:

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

glittery greetings from Vegas ABeroooooos!

happily un-hung and had a great productive day. last night was a trip. went to a rather swanky function with the ice sculptures and all, it was totally free all you can drink top-shelf booze and wine, and boy were folking putting it away. it was frightening to see nicely dressed classy men and women litteraly staggering around and grabbing things to hold them up later in the evening. there was even a magician there which I loved! I really enjoy a skilled illusionist.

Curry? I think it counts for 2 food groups! I just love it. I make mine with LOTS of good dietary fats, but then again when it's homemade you get to choose what that will be (coconut oil for me) as well as full-fat coconut milk. then served over a bed of shredded cabbage instead of rice and I feel supercharged for ages afterwards with no bloating at all. dang, now I better go look for a curry since thankfully I'm dining alone tonight and not with the booze crew.

Scottish Lass, if you get to Burlinghame you have to check out a fantastic Afghani restaurant called Kabul. best lamb kabobs I've ever had! and I'm a huge lamb snob. also a lovely cardamom tea.

oh crap, just got a phone call from my boss and I have to have dinner with the booze hounds again. oh well. it will be.... 'entertaining'.

be strong m'loves and be well.....
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Food in this part of the world is pretty good. We grow our own herbs and a few vegetables. Love all foods but Italian is really good and love Indian. We have about 6 Indian restaurants where I live and heaps of Italian. Middle Eastern for us would be a trip to Melbourne as there are none in this town. Surrounded by hundreds of wineries.............real treat for an alkie like !! catch up again later;have to go and get some lunch happening.

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Well hey Det. Stay happily un-hung and entertained!

Welcome, Hadit! We're a great crowd here, and very welcoming, so chime on in whenever you want or need to.

:welcome:

Comment

af Tuesday 14 Jan

Another lovely day here at Bedrock, neighbor's bull did a little creative circumventing of fences and worked around the electric fence and ended up over here. Spent the day fixing my neighbor's fence and trying to get the damn thing back over on its side. And of course in the rain. My neighbor is at least 80 years young so I don't fuss. Anyway, it gave me a chance to snap a shot of my old home place. Parents bought it in the 50's. Now that they're gone, it is in serious need of some attention.

Det, well done keeping AF in that environment.

Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                        X