wed af 15th Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wed af 15th Jan

mae all...how are you?wow what a well entertaining foodie thread yesterday!!curry yum yum!
    before we start ..it is 715am..and pitch black outside,and raining ...and Im running about the house singing the Thomas the tank engine song!!Lav ..you have got some serious blame for whats whizzing about in my head!!!:H Did you know that the Rev Awtry had to draw a map of the race and all the pitfalls and obstacles in it when he wrote the story about the race between Bertie the bus and Thomas because his kids felt that Thomas had too many obstacles to deal with...Great innit? the world is falling apart, employment all time low,economies are poor..and yet my main topic is Thomas getting ripped off in a pretend race!!!!Isnt that how politicians work too :H ostrich syndrome..apologies to had it

ok on we go..Tea yand coffee on the go

Hiya Sam..how are you? what a lovely photo that is......Farmer has just put his shorthorns in the top field at the back of us ...great to watch them.did you get anything done yesterday in Bedrock?

Hiya hadit and welcome to you ...you need support ..well here we are...welcome to the laughing academy!!

Morning Det ..well did you get through the night with the bevvy merchants?hope so ..never thought of that with curries the cabbage but will be doing that on Friday ..thanks mate.I tend to use low fat yoghurt instead of coconut milk..love the mlk but the cals is huge!!

Morning SL....how are you ..or should I say ..alreet me dook??Yep I know Nottingham fairly well...used to drink inn the little pub opposite the castle! as well as Kimberley ,Eastwood, Arnold..I also had relatives in Ilkeston and Little Hallam!!best place I have had curries from were...Bradford and the curry mile in Manchester..glad you slept better too.

Hiya yah..how are you today?ok I hope..maybe we need to turn this thread from af ..to co ...curry only!!Make my own too...and adapt them from a book I got in a charity shop ...no surprise there then eh?

Hiya Narilly ..Namaste..stick with that ..instead of the variations dependent on religion!!..We loved India and God willing will def be going back...there is a lot of poverty in parts ,but a really hard working and ingenious nation..appreciate thats just a touristy view but really impressed me..I also didnt realise how much of a problem alcohol was out there..I might be wrong here..but the booze problem seems to be more prolific in not so much the villages and towns but in middle class? workforce folk..with westernised dress ,working practices etc ..thinking now of Gurgaon near Delhi..mostly suited and booted working in the computer business and techie world and yet massive drinking issues...and AS FOR THE FOOD .....mmmmmmm

Mornin Lav ..ho are you today? hows Bertie Thomas Percy Henry Edward etc? did they all get trotted out yesterday?Respite today...or more?heres a coffee to start you off.

Hiya ppqp ..hows things?did you manage to get through the snow ok?..and stop biting bullets ..it aint good for your teeth !!have a brew instead

Hiya Patrice ..you ok? have you put a plan together?

Hiya Pauly how are you doing today?whatcha up to?

Hiya tt ..well tis the end of another day for you..went ok I hope?so you make your own too eh?we need to get a curry swop shop sorted out!!

right peeps ..off we go have a good one.

heres the book I use as the basis for curries

Lav ...just for you

Is the French presidents wife really the first lady?

Daily Mail online: "The shorter the journey to work, the more risks drivers are willing to take."

Nonsense. I never take risks on my way to work.

And I can get there before my windscreen's even defrosted.

"Dad," said my 7 year old daughter,"can you show me how to make babies?"

"Sure, let me show you baby," I replied.

"Now, just change the 'y' to an 'i' and add 'es'. "

I was teaching my science class about the female anatomy:

"This is the vagina. This is the clitoris, and this is the anus. Any questions?"

"Yes," said one of the pupils, "Can I put my knickers back on now?"

Got in from the pub last night to find the wife had gone to bed and a note reading 'Dinner in the dog', which really pissed me off.

I had to get up early this morning to take the poor sod to the vet.

I just destroyed most of the furniture in the house.

But on a positive note, that spider is dead.

Speeding along at 60, there was a buzz from my mobile on the dashboard.

"Your phone just went," said my wife.

"It's only a text," I replied. "I'll check it when we get there."

She picked up the phone, and looked at it suspiciously. Then she tapped the screen, scrolled down and started reading. "I thought so," she sneered. "It's yet another crap joke from Dave about women being bad drivers."

"Watch the fucking road," I snapped. "You just ran a red light."

An absolute scandal unfolded on the Jeremy Kyle show.

One of the guests was slim, attractive and articulate.

Report: French president had affair with actress 18 years younger than him.

It's pretty serious. Under French law, he could face up to 30 high fives.

I've finally managed to stop my wife smoking.

It took 8 buckets of water to put her out.

A Scouse bloke is in a restaurant having a meal with his girlfriend when he produces a diamond ring.

"It's beautiful," she smiled.

"It was my late mother's," he said, with a tear his my eye.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she sobbed. "I didn't know."

"It's ok, " he replied. "Now put it away before she gets here."

Did you hear about the guy who got crushed by fruit?

he got berried alive

I've just released a deadly virus with the intention of making others in my surroundings seriously ill.

And all I get in return is a, "Bless you."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

wed af 15th Jan

Hi Mick!! Love curries too..
    Yes I do have a plan.. to do some exercise ( this element was missing from my previous attempt)
    Hi all!
    Will be back later

Comment

wed af 15th Jan

Greetings Abbers,

It's just after 10 am & I have fed the animals, been to Curves & am now knee deep in Thomas videos. I had to hand my iPad over to my grandson which leaves me stuck typing on the phone. I'll do just about amything to keep the peace. You really should be here to 'Thomas talk' with the kid Mick :H

Greetings Patrice, hope you have a good day.

I'll be back later when I can get my hands on a normal sized keyboard

Happy Hump day to all !
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

wed af 15th Jan

Lav ...more crap info for you ..today is the 40th anniversary of the showing of the first "happy days."...255 programmes were made...summat not right ...your knee deep in videos and the kid has the IPAD???
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

wed af 15th Jan

Hello - another good sleep - yahoo!! Cause for celebration - but at work, so quick check in before really knuckling down!
          Thanks for the Burlingame recommendation Det - I also love lamb,and cabbage!
          Hope you continue to survive sin city - my thoughts are with you!
          Supposed to be in 70's all week, and red flag danger warnings are everywhere - little island near by (live by a delta) is on fire - it is winter for goodness sakes! Already going into drought measures...
          Mick -parents live in Derbyshire - so we have a few haunts in common! I remember moving to the midlands from Scotland and being called "dookie" - went running home in tears!!
          Happy Hump Day to you too Lav!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

wed af 15th Jan

I survived :H :H

Thanks for the TV history Mick - you are full of knowledge (or something) :H
            I have the Netflix app on my iPad so the kids know I travel with 'Thomas'. I am very popular
            I'm thinking I should have saved one of the many VWs we've owned over the years - they make perfect chicken coops!!!

SL, I truly hope the fire season is not already starting out your way. My brother lives outside of Sacramento - I think they get a bit more moisture up there. I wish I could send you half of the rain we get here on the right coast.

Where's everyone else today??
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

wed af 15th Jan

Well Lav, I am only about 45 mins outside of Sac, and indeed they believe the fire season is ready to start
              I chose to check in when I realised my head was playing games - I had to take one of my girls to a school thingy, have to pick her up at 7:30pm - I made two plans in my head to stop at store and pick up wine after dropping her off, then picking her up - what the heck???
              Dismissed the thoughts, had some supper and drinking ribena quite happily now...DOH!
              Looking forward to the day before TGIF...
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

wed af 15th Jan

Those fires sound scary. Pretty crazy weather everywhere.

Mick, Namaste! The curry talk was fun!

I'm in bed now, really sleepy so I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Night
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

wed af 15th Jan

Viva the sober life ABerooooos!

another crazy, drunken clownfest in Vegas (my coworkers, not me). just back from a rediculously extravagant dinner at Puck's 'Cut' restaurant in the Venetian. there was wine on the menu going for a mere 6,500.00 per bottle. eeeek! one of the steaks costs 190.00
                  I settled for a mere 60.00 steak one of our drunk coworkers jokingly blurted out 'all of them' when the waiter asked about desert......so they really brought out one of ALL the desserts hahahahahahahaaaa! it was great for me, I sipped coffee and ate the most incredible French treats I could have dreamed of. certainly not on the diet but hey, gotta have a little fun here and there.

last night was very weird. I ended up the hospitality suite all alone. just me and an emptry room with a full bar. I just kept thinking how ironic it was. kind of funny really.

very very long days and I'm exhausted and have another whopper of a day tomorrow.

sorry to be so self-engaged. just tons in my head and so grateful to be winning the fight.

more on the Vegas adventures tomorrow.

be well friends
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X