friday 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday 17th

mae all .and how are we today ?tis poets day today....cant stop on long...its been pouring with rain and water is dripping in ..you can see where I have taken out the window seal to see where it is coming in ..Had a discussion with the guy who was supposed to have fixed it ..in short he will be back at 915..another one off me good tradesman list!!

Also been told that Amy is bringing her new boyfriend home this weekend ...and that I have got to be on my best behaviour...interesting ..I have never met this kid ..and yet he gets up my nose...22 year old ..done it all..oh well should be fun!!:H

yoohoo SF ..How are you doing?ok I hope what have you been up to?

Hiya SL..snap ..yesterday ..made a big pot o soup yesterday..lentil,leek and onion...its lovely with seasoning in it..reminds me of being at home..big pot of soup on the stove .it would last for ages ..kept getting topped up during the week.Yes we do make assumptions,and it is interesting when people do post pics...personally when I started on here ..it bothered me ..now it doesnt..Ive made some good friends on here and also manged to beat an issue that has plagued me since I could hold a bottle!!but there are obviously things I do and will keep to myself but hey.

Hiya Narilly ...how you doing?yep ruby tonight ..going to try it on a bed of cabbage..see what its like..so where are you up to with Downton?promise I wont spoil it..So glad that you are the master and not the slave ..(al that is!!!)when I think how I used to dodge and sneak and plan ,how when and where I could get a drink from...some waste of energy..and money...reckon I haven spent ?4000 on booze!!

Hiya Lav..hows you ?yep Louie from the New York mob didnt do too well with his recruitment did he?:H notice how they all said it was bs ..and yet they knew who Levi was!! Love the sliding doors on the buggies!so what are you up to today?heres a coffee to start your thought process!have a good one

Hiya Pauly ...hows you ?Can you not get back into exercise? that would help you along..as for the bad experiences..hey thats what life is made up of ..experiences ..just bin the bad ones or steer clear and aim for the good ones you have a great day..now get them arms and legs movin

tt how are you ..into weekend mode now I reckon..any plans?Nah I never dressed up as a puppet ..in fact never dressed up ..ok ok ..not in daylight hours anyway!!!:H did the hair business with your daughter sort itself out?

Hiya ppqp ..you ok ? take it you are busy busy?

right man with van is here..so lets see whats happening ...back later
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

friday 17th

Morning Mick....thanks for the coffee. "Man with the van" :H I like that. Hope he gets the problem sorted especially if Amy's bringing home her boyfriend. You be nice now.

Everything's OK in my world, like you said just been a bit busy lately.
    We decided to go with the one candidate from the interviews so training starts on Monday.

6:00 am and it's already +8 C, going up to +10 today. Saturday is supposed to be even warmer. Hope to get my Dad outside for the day. The goal this weekend is to have me time.

:hallo: to the rest of the gang. Have a great AF Friday all.....PPQP

Comment

friday 17th

Good morning Abbers,

I actually see some sunshine - yay!

Sorry about the weather there Mick. I hate dealing with leaks especially when it's still raining
      Behave yourself meeting the boyfriend, don't be too quick to judge & don't judge too harshly :H
      I know how hard it is stepping back so our adult kids can figure things out on their own. Our job is to trust that we have taught them well

Hi PQ! Busy is good but I do hope you get some ME time soon.

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a wonderful AF Friday for all.
      I'm off to Curves then back for a bit of work.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

friday 17th

Mae everybody,dealing with allergies here boo,feels like its always something,vegas is just full of dust it doesnt help Mick i know exercise would help,just been unmotivated for awhile now gotta get my mojo back,hope everyone has a nice friday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

friday 17th

Happy Friday everyone!
          Have a great Sober Friday. I am going to.

PQ, beautiful weather here eh? I am lovin it. Still super icy though. I should just skate to work.

Mick, take it easy on Amy's boyfriend. He is probably scared of you

Hugs,
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

friday 17th

Can someone tell me how you serve curry on a bed of cabbage?
            What sort of cabbage? Is it crunchy/raw? Do you chop it up - or scoop the curry with the leaves?
            Can I have some honest opinions on how this tastes?

Mick - you have to be a bit more positive with this guy! We never think anyone is good enough for our daughters (well I have this hunch will apply to me) but he must make her happy - or something. Its not probably forever!
            What does Julie think?
            OK - so if you still think he is a dork by the end of the weekend - thats OK too. He's not your boyfriend. :H or is he going to be your new soulmate. As long as he doesnt treat Amy badly.

Haircut with my princess is resolved and we had a lovely afternoon together on Friday (its Saturday already here). My anger at the moment is directed at builders who do not turn up to give quotes and don't even ring to apologize.

Hope your time with Dad goes well PPQP.

Hey Pauly - get those dancing shoes on and move girl! :dancin:

Comment

friday 17th

hiya all...what a day...leak not fixed ..will put up pics tomorrow ..but in a nutshell he cant find the leak ..and it aint raining..so the man with the van is going to be the man with the can..pour water down it if it doesnt rain over the weekend!!as far as Amys boyfriend goes...open mind for me ...muppet..now prove me wrong!!!!:H..no bias with kids is there?
              tt just made tea...curry on a bed of cabbage ....and it was abs gorgeous ...thanks Det...it is also very filling....and guess what..only 358 calories...use spring cabbage..Julie likes hers finely chopped,but I prefer larger bits..that way you can scoop curry on to it..
              Here is a belter...yesterday swam 65 lengths,ran 3 miles and did 250 press ups 10 sets of 25..no problem...then today went out and uncovered the rabbit hutch..and my back went...got a prolapsed disc and it pops every now and again....all strapped up and heat ..plus a head full of cocodamol...can hardly move...Im out on Sunday so needs to get better rapidly....have a great evening all
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

friday 17th

Mick,
                Hope you feel better by Sunday! That sucks especially since you are so active.
                Nice exercise routine. Wow, I am impressed!
                I walked to work today and did 30 minute cardio class at lunch. Will walk home after work, take the dog for a walk, do about 15 flights of stairs during the day. But it's nothing like you!

Hey, was the cabbage cooked or raw? Inquiring minds want to know.
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

friday 17th

narilly..raw..when you use it with the curry its a nice crunchy texture

Comment

friday 17th

Narilly - let us know. I am not convinced yet.
                    I have had curried (cooked cabbage) in India - I also don't mind my vege curry without rice or bread

Comment

friday 17th

Sorry about your back Mick - hope it doesn't put too much of a spoke in your Sunday sheenanigans!
                      I like cooked cabbage with curry - curried cabbage is yummy
                      Me time PPQ - what is that
                      TT - so glad the hair drama is settling, everything can be so major .....drama!
                      TGIF.....and it is a three day weekend...lots of kid running around this weekend...
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

friday 17th

All things come to those who wait!!!! LOLOL

Well who would have thunk it ????

Got an email from a friend here to catch up and it got me thinking about MWO again.......had an attempt to log in ( first since September !) and hey presto......the system seems to have forgotten that it needed my IP address and let me in!! Maybe it was tired, maybe it has forgotten me, maybe it will shut me out again tomorrow.......

But before it does

HAPPY NEW YEAR FELLOW ABSTAINERS.

Still happily sober, but still smoking...dammit.

:new: :H:H:H

Comment

friday 17th

What a nice surprise, Kuya! It is very good to *see* you here. Happy to hear that you're still sober, but frankly, I'm not surprised. You had a "go-the-distance" attitude about you that gave me a lot of faith in your ability to stay sober. You'll kick smoking to the curb one of these days too.

It's been a long week here, and I'm tired, so I just want to say hi to everyone. I'll sign in tomorrow, most likely.

Take care of your back, Mick! Isn't it crazy how you can work out like a beast and then just twist the wrong way and WHAP! there goes the back! Been there myself.

Have a great weekend PPQP.

You, too, Lav.

Hi to TT, Narilly, SL,SF, .

I've gotta get my butt back in exercise gear, too, Pauly.

Have a good whatever it may be where you are, MAE, all!

:l
                          YahYah
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

friday 17th

Hi Kuya!!!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

friday 17th

Hi all!!

Comment

Working...
                              X