friday 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday 17th

I had the same thoughts today SL,a beautiful sunny day,day off,a little bored,thought of sitting in the backyard and drinking a beer(10)thought about the reality,sick to my stomach and drunk when hubs gets home,feeling like a loser tomorrow bleh,wonderful how PPQ came to your rescue,that why i love this thread,always a cheering section to get us through,if we listen anyways
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

friday 17th

We do get used to coping without AL when we are down and out, but the happy times can throw us for a loop. I'm glad you are feeling better SL and Patrice. Sorry I wasn't here earlier when you were hurting, and I hope you are feeling better now. I had many more cravings over the holidays when I was having fun than when it is day to day.

I know that's not the case for you, Patrice, and I'm glad your son is feeling better. Keep up the good work with getting past your relapse.

SL, I just want to die sometimes when I see commercials of pretty vacations on tropical islands and imagine that all without a drink. Initially, I feel deprived. But when I think of the whole thing, and the one little thing that is missing is a drink, it seems kind of a waste to get upset about a stupid drink, ya know? What I miss is the memory of the way I was able to drink once upon a time, a long, long time ago--back when I had one or two drinks and got a little bit of a buzz, and that was ENOUGH. But that's what was real 30 years ago, not now. If it were still real, I wouldn't be here. The reality now if I drink is not romantic, it's pluck ugly.

Wow, that's a book.

Hope Det gets back from Vegas okay!

Woops, hi, Pauly! Glad you shook free from the beast today, too! Must be the full moon!

:l
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

friday 17th

Tonight I am thankful for this thread, and for the wonderful people who frequent this site.
        I am truly grateful that there is a group of understanding people who are willing to share and support...
        Hi pauly and YAH. Happy AF Friday evening all.....
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

friday 17th

Glad to see our friend kuya back
          Looks like your 'time out' is over - good :H
          Keep checking in & congrats on your continued success.
          I've been on Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community since May 19,2009 - they helped me quit smoking nearly 5 years ago. Check it out

SL & pauly, glad you both ignored the mind chatter - it's all BS!!!!!!
          Stay quit for a while & I promise you will be soon be free of those thoughts. It does get better!

Patrice, hang in there & work on your gratitude list too. You have knowledge & experience now that you didn't have in the past. Glad your son is OK.

YahYah, the full moon has had a lot of people (including my grandkids) acting nutty this week!

Wishing a good night to one & all.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X