mon 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mon 20th

mae all..how are we? just going to start this thread ..aint staying on long..got quite a lot ot do with so little time..thinking of changing my car so I have got a few of them lined up to look at..plus the fact that I can hardly move because of this back..got to find another chiro ..glad to see you again Nurdl,hope all is well with you.SL sorry about your daughters friend.
    The weather is lovely today...sunny ..just ideal for the garden ..if my back was ok..will try and jump back on later ..have a great day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

mon 20th

Morning Mick....thanks for starting the thread. Hope the back is improving and good luck with finding a new chiro. I can just picture you trying to get in and out of all those cars you've got lined up to see. "Nope won't do. Can't bend down far enough to get in!" :H Allow me to serve up the tea & coffee this morning. Sorry no pain killers to go with that.

Lav...sorry about your niece-in-law. Life can just hit us out of the blue can't it. Hope the birthday celebrations went well yesterday, with you in the kitchen I'm sure it did.

SL...tough life lessons all around. Sorry your daughter has to deal with this. I too was glad to hear there was no AL involved. Remember we're here if things get overwhelming.

Nurdl...so good to see you, we've missed you too. Good luck with the reading back, it might be easier to jump on in and catch up as you go. What's happening weather wise in NJ?

Need to finish a couple of chores this morning before heading out to start training the new hire today. Hopefully when Mick takes a car searching break we'll get some jokes up. Have a great AF Monday everyone....PPQP

Comment

mon 20th

Good morning Abbers,

Mick, I sure hope you get some help for your back today!
      Good luck with car shopping - not one of my favorite things to do. have you thought about a horse & buggy? :H

PQ, good luck with the new employee. It's hard being the new kid at work

nurdl, welcome back! Sorry I missed you last night! Hope you are feeling better very soon!

The birthday gathering went well last night. The little ones were especially busy in party mode :H:H
      I need to get out to do a few things today, make a stop at Curves & hunker down for a snowstorm arriving tomorrow - swell.

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Monday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mon 20th

SL, so sorry about your daughter's friend. That is really tough. I lost a few friends at that age and it is terrible.
        PQ, do we have great weather or what?!

Mick, hopefully your back gets better everyday!

Lav, a snowstorm? That sucks. It is Beautiful here for a change

Have a great Sober Monday.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

mon 20th

not my chipper self sad to say, day 2 here. Managed to do all the hardest parts of Vegas AF then crap out when I got home. Dx was less than thrilled and my self esteem is at an all time low.
          re evaluating my game plan here.
          thanks for the start Mick, Lav, PQ Narilly and all to come...
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

mon 20th

Hi everyone. Thought I would jump in although its Tuesday here. I will try to start the thread later.
            Det - what a blow. You seemed to operate on super strength and then release it all when back home. I don't really know as I am only reading from your posts. I imagine you now have to nurture your relationship with Dx - and the best way it seems you can do this is to help yourself. I guess there is is a lot of thinking you are going to have to do about the job situation - not just being so close to ridiculously large amounts of booze - but also the stress, the hours, the driving and being away from home. And probably your options are limited.
            Don't beat yourself up though and try to get some rest - thats what you need. It sounded also that last year AA helped you. And your healthy diet. You seem to need your structure - like we all do. And you need face to face support.

I missed my own structure yesterday -one of those days when it seemed everything I tried to do - was thwarted - later had to go out for lunch and ate late - and not much to eat - ended up with a headache - had a miniscule dinner - and then ate unhealthy stuff - and felt so tired. Better now after sleep. Its low-level stuff - not that important - but I know I need my structure. Also feeling full of anxiety as I have a lot of deadlines and things to organise. Juggling, multi-tasking - trying not to be the 'yes-Maam'!!!

One thing achieved. The peaches are on my bench ! Waiting to be made into ice-cream but I will do this later in the week when I have atoned from the crap I ate last night.
            Meanwhile - Mick- have you managed to get an appointment. How did the car hunting go? Everyone else - you all take care as well
            Eat your greens!!!!! :H:H

Comment

mon 20th

Thansk for everyones "hugs" for my daughter - and the reminders of why we are on the paths that we are - it was good to be able to be fully there for her as Lav put it.
              Some of the why's were able to be answered and yep, hopefully lessons can be learnt from such a tradgedy - I am not sure she will ever forget her seat belt now.

Det - not sure if it is of any help, but I am becoming more aware that I am able to get thru the big challenges, then ones that I prepare myself for - the ones that are challenges as that gives me something to fight against. I fall where there is not preparedness or challenge - when it just creeps up and overtakes me before I really stop to think...I am finding that I have to be more prepared for the little things, the normallacy of life. I am happy you got thru Vegas and sorry you let it go when your defenses were down...

MLK for all those in USA - some great quotes going around, some of which have significance to our fights for sure. Have a good day all...
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

mon 20th

hya everyone ..well its me again...think I have found a car.....3years old...29000 miles 1.6 diesel..in fact heres the blurb..

Key facts Citreon

2011 Diesel Estate Manual 29500 miles
                BLUE, 1 owner, Service History, Power Steering, Remote Central Locking, Electric Windows - Front, Front Fog Lights, Alloy Wheels, CD Player, On Board Computer, Cruise Control, Airbag - Side, Electric Door Mirrors, Airbag - Driver, Height Adjustable Driver Seat, Space saver spare wheel, Isofix Child Seat Anchor Points, Cloth
                Running costs
                Urban mpg 60.1 mpg CO2 rating (g/km) 107 g/km
                Extra Urban mpg 76.3 mpg
                Average mpg 68.9 mpg
                Performance
                Engine power 90 bhp Engine size 1560 cc
                Acceleration (0-62mph) 13.5 seconds Top speed 108 mph
                Wheel drive Front Wheel Drive
                Practicality
                No. of doors 5 No. of seats 5
                Boot capacity - seats up 500 litres Max towing weight 675

the mileage is double what my jeep does...over a year will save me ? 987 in fuel alone ...road tax ,saves ? 240 per year insurance ?100 per year... going to see it tomorrow..As for my back well its starting to ache now like bruising...that means its on the mend...done my back exercises about 7 times today...

Lav..considered the horse and buggy ....but as a mode of transport dont think its very stable ....get it????:H:H ok ok Ill get my coat!you ready for the snowstorm?

Det ..think there is a serious flaw in your plan mate...you zoom about all over the place in the company of blokes bevvying,and you manage not to succumb ...and then home to relaxed and chilled with the one you love and the whole lot goes pear shaped...you seem to do so well then bang the wheel comes off! you need to stop losing that wheel!

hiya ppqp..hope all is well ..nah wont be bending down much ..end up getting stuck!!!ta for the brew:l

tt hows you?got any structure back today?get youself back in kilter...strangely enough ..cant see you as a yes ma'am :H

Narilly how are you today?my back is getting sorer but better if that makes sense...not as deep a pain but like localised bruising.

right peeps heres the jokes from this morning

"Dave, look at this," said my wife at the breakfast table. "There's the face of Jesus in my toast!"

"That makes a change," I replied, looking over my newspaper. "It's usually your face in a cream cake."

'Highway to Hell' is a great song.

You can play it at both your wedding and your funeral.

I went to a little Italian on the high street last night...

...and said, "Where's the best place to get a pizza, shorty?"

A leading bookmaker has suspended betting on the Queen announcing her abdication by the end of the year after a large gamble was placed in the Windsor area. The man was described as having big ears and a posh accent.....

At first i hated my new beard.... but then it grew on me.

Always be kind to clones.

Remember, they're people two.

I love being married to traffic warden.

It means everyone hates her as much as I do.

Seattle vs. Denver. Both Colorado and Washington have both made marijuana use legal.

I'm willing to bet this is going to give the super bowl, a whole new meaning.

My mate texted me and said, "What you up to?"

I said, "Just eating my tea. She's made corned beef ash."

He said, "Hash is spelt with an H mate."

I said, "It isn't when my wife f.cking cooks it."

My best mate just found out his wife has been cheating on him.

I took him out for a pint and he said, "I must have 'Mug' written on my forehead."

I replied, "You might want to think it through before you rush off to the tattoo parlour."
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

mon 20th

Mae everybody,Det im on day 2 again also,didnt really feel like posting it because it is what it is,powering through tough times then acting all crazy when the dust settles,dunno what my deal is,alot of mood problems female related,maybe jeez i dont really know,i feel bad because this is a thread for long term abstainers not a half asser like me,youll be o.k,you always are,just put it behind you and move forward its all we can do
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

mon 20th

Mick - are you sure you don't want this one? It's a step up from the horse & buggy - it's a buggy on wheels :H :H

SL, young teens exposed to tragedy like that learn important lessons very early, that's probably a good thing. Seat belts, obeying speed limits, all the important rules of the road even before they start driving themselves. My nephew was 18 & just weeks out of high school when he flipped his truck & ejected himself onto the roadway. So very sad.

Det, are you talking to a counselor about this stuff? You work so hard only to fall hard. I'm sorry this keeps happening.

TT, we all benefit from a bit of routine I think
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mon 20th

Pauly - stick with us - the long term abs is rubbing off on you! Its what you want and having a clear goal is half the battle. You seem very self-aware in your posts - esp on some other threads - you are getting there. I will leave it to someone else to growl at you

Mick - nice car, good one! :goodjob: well check it out first of course

Comment

mon 20th

Aw Pauly - so sorry....
                        I get what you say about feeling bad - I too felt bad when I would slip and flail around on a site where everyone took their abstinence so seriously, but this is a thread that works well for me, and I find it quietly and safely secure as I wind my way to sobriety..I have not posted here before for periods of time as I felt as if I was wasting time - but I get a nice welcome when I am here, and also feel the team enjoying having people posting here - so long way to say it works for me and seems to work for you too, so until they vote me off the thread, this is my main home...

Comment

mon 20th

I feel the same way,that this thread does rub off,the people here living and enjoying life sober is what i want,but being that they are long termers i could see how it may get annoying to keep hearing this over and over,bleh,but my little "experiment"the other nite only enforced how much i want and need to stay sober,drinking has lost its magic,luckily i realized it right in the midst and quit,went to bed early so at least there was no hangover,ill get it one of these days for good,just gotta have patience which i lack also more gratitude,i take too much for granted,gotta stop
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

mon 20th

Pauly it took me 10 years of not getting it to finally getting it....perseverance is the key. I wanted to quit but just kept falling back into the same rut over and over again..it will click if u keep at it.
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

mon 20th

Pauly - you sound like me - I am envious of those who make the decision and are able to make it work. It seems that I need the negative reinforcement - each time I feel that I am stronger and more committed to my plan to stop, and it gets to be a quicker lesson for me to get back on track. I look back over my track record and even though I seem to be taking a twisted, long journey I feel that I really am getting there...you do too...Likewise, one of the great things (and there are many) about this thread is seeing people really enjoying the lives they are leading...one day it will be me as well.....and you too Det & Pauly...

Comment

Working...
                              X