af Day Wed 22 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Day Wed 22 Jan

OK folks = its Wed here and I when I started no Tuesday thread had begun but it has now. Looks like Mick has been diverted with the car hunt ? I just hope that you are looking after your back as well.
    I had a car incident yesterday ? flat battery ? need to get a new one ? also sending the car for its check-up today. I also watched the special TV show that Mick watched at Christmas but I can?t reveal what it is because it will ruin my ?cerebral? image! Haha! :HMy partner had never seen this famous show before and made such rude comments that I had to throw him out of the room. Narilly has just started watching same show.
    Hey Narilly ? how are you doing?

In Monday?s thread we discussed the thread and people not staying sober ? with a relapse ? or whatever it is called. This was prompted this time by Det and Pauly and I hope we have reassured you guys that this us your ?safe home? in your commitment to being AF. (Patrice ? that's for you too- and others). We have got there through different routes, taken different lengths of time to finally quit and I think aware that none of us can be complacent in our sobriety. I like that this thread is welcoming ? but firm in its goal ? and I like that we get on with lives. We remind ourselves of our addiction but we also natter a lot about all sorts of things.

I also like that we are not preachy here ? no one seems to be pushing a ?one size fits all? ? many (possibly most) of us have not relied on AA or done steps ? but for some its very helpful ? so be it. The only ?program? we agree on is that quitting AL works ? its turned all of our lives around - maybe to varying degrees and in different ways. For example, Mick has always liked to go on holidays overseas ? drunk or not - but now he enjoys them in new ways without propping up the bar or sneaking drinks; we all have loved our kids but now we can be there so much more when they need us ? hope you get the picture.

Have a great Wednesday - cold and miserable here still. Be good all!

af Day Wed 22 Jan

Hi TT, I know you had to wait awhile for anyone to post here. It's cold there still? We are having nice weather right now and enjoying it.
    I agree that it's great we are not preachy here. I think that is partly why this thread is good. We touch base, talk about our life but then try to help each other with any AL issues.

It's a tough road for sure.

Anyway, going to sleep now.
    G'night,
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

af Day Wed 22 Jan

The temps have certainly dropped dramatically here.

Kuya...thanks for posting on the PAWS. I certainly can relate to the symptoms you are describing. I never related it to PAWS.....just thought I was having a mini-mid-life crisis that would reappear periodically. Booze certainly would not fix either.

Comment

af Day Wed 22 Jan

mornin all..how are we today?ok I hope ...well thought I could do this back thing on my own...aint happening ..def need to get it sorted properly..my attempts are doing zero!!so see if I can get an appt today...as fro the car ..pick it up on Friday if I like it.

Tea n coffee on the go now...

hiya tt...and how are you today?ok ..despite that left handed compliment you chucked out ..watching that Christmas spesh that Mick likes..not saying what ..it will ruin my cerebal image..you sayin Im a thicko or what???:H Good paragraph there on alcohol you wrote....one size doesnt fit all...but taking what works for you from others does ..provided it is backed up with resolution and commitment.As far as holidays ..yes it definitely puts a different slant on them for me...enjoying as opposed to a facade laced with plans for booze!! right brains thats me off ... might go downtown later.

Hiya Narilly ....think we are in the same weather pattern as you ...cold but dry...how are you?ok I hope Cant do any exercise and thats bugging me...daytime tv is a no no..Judge Judy shes been going that long ..reckon she presided over the trial of John Wilkes Booth!! you know I said try curry on a bed of cabbage?well found another one...instead of rice ,,get the curds of a cauliflower..blend them up not too small..then blanch it all..season if required ..just like rice!!

Mornin SF.how are you today?in the music capital?

Hiya Lav.....hows things with you today?still snowing?you can have my share!!As for tea n coffee..do you a trade for some burgers any day!!!heres a brew for you ..now wheres that burger?

Hiya Det ...glad you are getting back to reality again ..simple fact as you well know is that the booze does not sort the issues out ..nor is it a coping mechanism.Despite the issues re your childhood..and I dont mean this lightly..they happened..that wont ever change..but what happens is somewhere along the line ..you have trained your brain to go for the bottle when that trigger is pressed..similar to Pavlovs dogs..its a case of rehashing what you do when the thoughts come up and how you deal with them..thats the key word ..deal as opposed to try and bottle blank.

hiya SL..did you sleep any better last night?hope so .

Hiya YAH..only 5"of snow..hmm that would be enough to bring this place to a standstill!!yep theres a queue for those black bean burgers!!

Hiya Dottie ..how are you ..congrats on your year af firstly ....secondly the reasons and feelings you have ..moi I aint so eloquent or deep thinking as KY...but for me..when you quit ..you get so focussed on targets ..a day ,7 days 30 days all the way through...but what happens then is as you reach every milestone..you think of the effort you have put in to achieve it..and you need to share the result with someone ...but who?I would guess about 90+% of us are doing this without telling friends or family or colleagues...so who do you share success with in overcoming a problem ..when in everyone elses eyes there isnt a problem?so you get deflation instead of elation..and then you get the "Ive beat this now I can control my drinking...till it all goes to rat poo and its back down the slippery snake.

Hiya KY ..hows you today?ok I hope...interesting reading that...although your command of the English language is better than mine! ha Im Scottish :H hows the business doing?ok?..any good at fixin backs?

Hiya ppqp ..hows you ..heres a cuppa..oh and also pics of the car Im looking at ...at that mpg cant go wrong!so you had your 2 inches of snow ...was that a male or female 2"? there is a difference!!

Hiya Pauly..hows you?back in the driving seat again?good lass.

right thats it time for bye byes..off to see if I can get this back sorted out..take care.

rc="http://i44.tinypic.com/2h2doir.jpg" alt="" />

"Son, if you piss really hard into the bowl, it makes your willy sound bigger."

"That's great dad, but you've ruined my cornflakes."

At a job interview: "What are your strengths?"

"I'm an optimist and a positive thinker."

"Can you give me an example?"

"Yes, when do I start?"

"Hello, undertaker? Yes, my wife just passed away. Could you please come and retrieve her body?"
        "My condolences, sir. Where do you live?"
        "168 Eucalyptus Drive."
        "Could you spell that out for me, sir?"
        "...How 'bout I just drag her to the end of Oak street and you pick her up there?"

Sat in McDonalds with the wife today when a girl walked in wearing the most revealing dress I'd ever seen. It barely reached her thighs and was so low-cut that if she coughed, her bra-less tits would undoubtedly jump out for all to see. Also, it had the slogan 'bitch whore' printed all over it.

"Eugh, look at that." Shuddered my wife. "You'd never get me in a dress like that."

"I should think not." I replied.

"It's a size ten."

Daily Mail online: Fellow Corrie star told woman sexually assaulted by Roache, "You need to watch him."

Every monday and wednesday, half seven, ITV.

'Wok' Is an Asian frying pan...

Or Jonathan Ross's favourite type of music.

I tried to do a computer course but I couldn't hack it

I've become an undercover journalist.

I just make stories up when I'm in bed.

My wife said she misses the gentleman that she married years ago.

What's the problem? Didn't I hold the umbrella yesterday when she changed my tyres?

The makers of the Jeremy Kyle show come have up with a plan to treble their daily viewing figures.

They are going to move it to an afternoon slot when a lot more of their audience will be out of bed.

When my wife's relatives were visiting from Liverpool, she warned me that I'd better make them feel at home.

So I picked them up at the airport and drove them to Liverpool.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Day Wed 22 Jan

Good morning Abbers!

Well the sun is back but it's not melting anything as it's only 3 degrees out there!!!!!!
          I haven't stepped out yet to measure but the news says there's 13-14 inches of snow on the ground & that's more than enough since I didn't even order any :H

Sounds like you escaped YahYah - lucky you

Greetings TT, narilly, SF! I see that Det checked in last night!

Mick, very nice car! Wishing you the best of luck with your new ride - love the color
          I have leftover black bean burgers in my fridge - they reheat very nicely in the microwave.

kuya, so nice to have you back among us! May we all live in AF peace together

OK, time to start clearing some walkways for my doggies!!
          Have a great AF Wednesday everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Day Wed 22 Jan

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off. Dealing with car issues can sure be a pain. Right Mick?

Narilly....peeked out the window and there's just a skiff of snow in my end of the city. You be careful walking to work as the ice will be covered with snow.

SF...well at least you know what the mini-mid-life crisis is and can deal with it.

Mick...thanks for the coffee and I love the car. That is my favorite color of blue. I'd have to say it was a female 2 inches. Glad you've decided you can't do it all. Hope you can get an appointment today.

Lav...well I guess it's your turn now to deal with snow. At least YB is around.

Spent yesterday rearranging the office with the new hire. It's amazing what a difference just turning a filing cabinet around can make. It looks like a whole new office and very open and conducive to conversation. It'll be interesting to hear the comments from my seniors when they come in for bridge today. We're having our staff xmas party on Saturday so I have to find a $15 secret santa gift to take with me.

Off to get my second coffee and read the jokes. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af Day Wed 22 Jan

Mae everybody,Mick i love the car and the color too,Kuya,thank you for that paws info as well as the tolerance info,when i was a daily drinker theres no way i couldve put away the amounts that i have after being af for a bit,i tried googling why but only got medical jargon i cant understand,anyways its funny cuz on the mods threads they talk of "resetting"their tolerance by going af a bit,doesnt quite work that way does it,anyways hope everyone has a good wednesday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Day Wed 22 Jan

Mick and PPQP - my car is the same colour - when it gets its annual car wash! :H:H

Comment

af Day Wed 22 Jan

PQ, holy crap, it was icy walking into work but I got here safe and sound. Be careful yourself!

Mick, love the car.

Kuya, Pauly, I hear that exercise really helps deal with paws. It may be worth a shot.

Talk to you great people later!
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

af Day Wed 22 Jan

Narilly....glad you made it in safely. Did your district get cleared out? There still working on mine.

Pauly...I hope you had a good Wednesday. Gotta say I agree with you about the mod's "resetting" of their tolerance.

TT...what time of the year is your annual car wash? :H

Looks like the new hire is going to work out just fine. She's got some great ideas and not afraid to jump in and start things rolling. Had to laugh at my boss, he says he feels totally lost in the new office configuration. :H

Tonight's din-din is easy fish & chips. You know the frozen kind. Have a good night all and a good Thursday morning to you TT......PPQP

Comment

Working...
                    X