Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday May 15th

Good Morning.
    I've got five minutes before I go to work.
    I'll not have access to a comp until I get back on Friday, so enjoy the week everyone.

Tuesday May 15th

Gday Paul,

Good to read you. I'm pretty stressed out all this week, too. Will only post sporadically this week.

Hey guys, what's happening to the GUY'S group? Is that a LAME DUCK GROUP or what? Betty Boop is dead right with saying it should be renamed!

Stay safe!
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

good morning all, have a good tuesday. Love, Bella xxx

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Good Morning everyone! - craaazy day today - huge project at school finally being staged this afternoon/evening so 2 months of stress coming to a head - wondering what to do tonight rather than hitting the bottle of wine, as this is a time I would definitely have at least one, if not 2 lined up - A nice cup of tea just doesn't hack it somehow! At least Thursday and Friday are off (well no kids at school at least so will have time for marking, reports, planning, etc.).

Have a great one everyone - hope all's well in absville! :l
        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
        Goals:
        Days 1-7 DONE
        Days 8-14 DONE
        Days 15-21 DONE
        30 days DONE
        60 days
        100 days

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Hello all. I just checked outside where thunderstorms are starting up. It smells so good. Hope the day is a good one for all.

Bear
          What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
          ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Morning All!

Pop~already said it-will miss you.

Paddy-that's one thing from me....I don't set foot in the Guy's section-a man's gotta have another sacred place besides the thrown in the washroom.....

Hi Bella-nice to see you

Hey Arial-I just survived my stressful 2 weeks (my worst drinking triggers included) AF where I WOULD of drank in the past. And knowing I made it AF has made me feel empowered. I can do anything now. Here's sending you positive vibes!

hi bear-oh I love that smell! One of my favs after freshly cut lawns.

Aah, everything has finally calmed down in the Breezy residence. I do have my nehew's Communion on Saturdarday but it' no biggie. Off to mow my parent's lawn. Happy Tuesday everyone.
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Happy Tuesday AB-landers.
              had a super workout last night...even have a big scuff on my face...looks like I've been in a fight. First hard workout since before my trip so it's SORE city for me...love it!

Arial, lot's of great treats for celebrating....going out for ice cream/sorbe` or some nicer restaurants will have freshly squeezed juices that are a real treat (if you're going out) it's much easier for me at home because I can be creative and mix fruit juices with sparkling water etc.

miss you Popeye...

Bella XXX

Happy lighting storm MD

Paddy, I'm going to cruise over to guys group today and see if I can stir something up.

be well everyone!!!!!!!!!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Hey everybody..going a little nuts today. It shouldn't matter, but it's driving me crazy that I feel like I have to justify my quitting my job to my family, in particular. My husband and I have a plan and are excited...and prepared...but everyone is giving me that 'look'..like I should stay for the 'benefits' and the 'retirement' plan...ARGH! As if that hasn't been the reason I've stayed as long as I have, and as if I haven't thought about it...I'm very well aware of the risk I'm taking...I really don't need those little voices jabbing at me...what they don't know is that I'm willing to take the risk instead of living the rest of my working life out in 'drone'sville' with all the other unhappy campers.

OK, exhaling now...it's a bit scary..I've had my buttons pushed since I got up this morning..a drink sounds good, but I'm NOT going there.

Thank goodness for people here who have said, 'go for it'!!!!

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Hello, have only 1 real day off this week and that's tomorrow! Looking forward to relaxing, this was very busy and my whole body is TIRED! Started a new diet ... will give it a week to click, if not, fine I'll just be proud to be AF for 16 days!
                  "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Thanks!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! - Just came in from my school evening which went brilliantly so I had justified to myself opening a bottle of sparkling wine to celebrate - had it in the freezer chilling and came on here while I waited - now instead I have a lovely bowl of ice cream beside me, taken the bottle out of the freezer and will start checking out the fruit juices! You're right - there are so many other ways to celebrate, so thanks for the reminders - Breez, I'll hopefully feel as good tomorrow as you and D I'll let you know if I find any exciting concoctions...!

Dilayne - so glad to hear you're going ahead with your plans - don't worry about other people. Having lived internationally for many years you get used to people not understanding the ability to walk away from the easy path, to walk away from that pension etc. It takes courage which you obviously have - there's a great quote I read which I'll mis-quote here about not following a ready made path, but having the courage to make a new track for others to follow - that's what you're doing now and I so admire you for it!

Take care all, and thanks again - got to go finish my icecream before it melts!
                    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                    Goals:
                    Days 1-7 DONE
                    Days 8-14 DONE
                    Days 15-21 DONE
                    30 days DONE
                    60 days
                    100 days

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Thank you Arial! REALLY! Enjoy your ice cream! I can't think of a better way to celebrate! :0)

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Lady Di, it's your life and you gotta live it. I am very proud of your decision to fly on your own. Maybe you won't make as much money, but you will be happier. You will have more time to care for yourself. This sturggle with sobriety takes time, and effort. I am behind you 100%.
                        Hugs to you girlfriend.
                        Meow-Meow
                        MonaKitty

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Hey Di~

I did something similar to you - I left a good paying state job. Everyone thought I was crazy & probably still do as I am still trying to work towards a new career. I had my reasons. I also had a husband who supported my craziness.
                          It's your life & you will only live it once. I say: Kudos to you!
                          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Thanks Mona and Breeze! I feel good about it 99.9% of the time...and .1% is just dealing with other people's negative and non trusting attitudes..but I think I'm past that. Counting down now. Besides, there is a good chance I'll make more money once I set my mind to it and have more fun..but for now, I'm going to try to just 'be' for a little while..at least for June!
                            thanks again!

Comment

Tuesday May 15th

Hey Di.......I lkie that.....just "Be"!
                              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                              X