Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sat 8 Feb

MAE abby-people
    Well I thought I should share a weird experience. Its Saturday afternoon and because I only had c 5 hours sleep last night I had an afternoon siesta. All very nice except I had a blasted drinking dream. And it was so f__king realistic. I could even taste the gin and tonic and I had 'banked' some wine for after the G and Ts. This was all done sneaky-like in the dream (hidden from G.). Talk about the past rearing its gin and grape soaked head. I was thinking in the dream - oh -one night off, won't matter - I can go back to being sober tomorrow. There were a few minutes when I woke up and thought it was real - then it dawned on me that it was just a dream.

As Lav has said - its just that, a dream - but its reminded me into how powerful the subconscious can be. of course we don't act all of our dreams:H:H whew!!! but its a bit of a shake-up. I never get cravings these days but I do have to be vigilant to those 'voices'.

I am sure Mick will appreciate the parking warden joke - when he is back with us. The UK lot should be asleep themselves at the minute.

What an ordeal you went through with the show Lav. Or the non-show. At least here in NZ its rare for parking to be such an issue - a positive aspect of living in a place with fewer people. And fewer events as well!:H

You all be good - watch out for those afternoon siestas - stay sober and awake instead! :l

af Sat 8 Feb

Good morning Abbers!

TT, I think yesterday was a true gift from the universe - just for me
    I really didn't have any interest in that show but I know YB did so I just went along to be nice. But, as I mentioned last night, now he owes me an afternoon with a chain saw :H
    I didn't even mention at the time but I had a drinking dream too about a week or two ago. How annoying, left me angry & confused for about an hour then I shook it off!!! It's been nearly five years since I had a drop. Talk about stuff buried deep in our subconscious!

The honey bees from a nearby orchard used to visit my flowers on a regular basis but I don't see them anymore. I guess disease has taken them out. I don't use any pesticides or herbicides around here with one exception. When the poison ivy rears it's ugly head I have no choice but to send YB out there to wage war. It's me or the poison ivy

Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday! I will be busy just getting stuff done around the homestead before the snow returns.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sat 8 Feb

Afternoon TT and Good Morning Lav...

I haven't had a drinking dream in quite some time. Hope the rest of your day was good TT.

So Lav...did YB get that tree cleared out yet? Yup I agree, you got your universe in good working order...now it's giving you gifts.

It may be -16 out there but with no wind it feels like a heatwave.

Had a great visit with my Dad, grocery shopping done now it's onto the laundry.

Have a peaceful Saturday night all......PPQP

Comment

af Sat 8 Feb

Hi all - seems that we are getting a years rain in three days - pretty soggy out there. Hope all was ok thru night Det and you still have your roof. I know our air charter company is pretty worried about the stormy weather.
        Honey - love honey, had an uncle who was a bee keep in Deeside (Scotland) and had heather bees - loved the honey combs, bought one for the girls to try recently and it cost a fortune - bees are heading to being an endangered species if the nonsence that is happening in the agricultural world continues...
        PPQ - it seems you are having some great visits with your dad - keep hold of those memories...
        Not sure what my mood is today - can't work it out, but I don't seem to be incessantly nagging which is a huge relief.
        I had a funny (not haha) dream last night too - not al related, but my old self was in it....
        Making a Hairy Bikers meal tonight - Mick would understand if he was around...mince and dumplings, good rainy day food.
        Good to see you Lav, TT and PPQ - hope everyone else is having a safe Saturday...
        TT, will watch the olympics for the athletes sake, some great stories of perseverence. Trying to filter out some of the less savoury occurences that are happening around them, but really want to support those who are in it for the right reasons, and I do believe there those...
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af Sat 8 Feb

Hi guys. Pauly is having a hard time with the cravings - she has posted on her own thread. I may not be able to respond much but if any of you can try to check on her please do
          Her thread is Who am I?

Comment

af Sat 8 Feb

Hi guys, just checking in after dancing. It's been a good weekend so far. I'm having a little dizziness, though, so I'm a little concerned about that. Is Pauly's thread in general discussion? I'll go look.
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Sat 8 Feb

Yah - I hope the dizziness is only from the endorphins. I see you found Pauly's thread.

I may not have time to start the Sunday thread as I am going to be preoccupied tonight - its 7pm Sunday here. Just gorged on delicious juicy peaches!

Comment

af Sat 8 Feb

happy Late Saturday ABerooos!

thanks for the kickstart TTops. yeah, drinking dreams are crap, but maybe a semi-painless reminder. (always looking for the silver lining).

feeling a little better today but still sick so taking it easy.

Sam, the beekeeping intro was kind of a fake-out. this was in regard to pollinating species and not the honey bees. oh well, it was still interesting and got me out of my cabin-fever for a bit.

SL, your not kidding about rain! it's wonderful and strange to see so much rain here in the high desert. We lost a tree last night in the windstorm but the house appears ok aside from a couple leaks

Dancing... fresh peaches.... sounds like yoos guys are having some fun, which is awesome.

watching the Sochi figure skating right now. the power and the grace of these women is a joy to behold.

be well peeps!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X