sat 15 Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat 15 Feb

mae all ...and how are we today?computer has been playing up..really slow..dont know if anyone else is suffering the same problems..well weekend has brought a lotta rain and it still is here..so glad that I got that soil moved yesterday...lot of water here ..and this is half way up a hill!!would have been a nightmare trying to shift it today!!Out tomorrow..supposed to be sunny..ha we shall see...now on brew number 5 this morning..jump in all welcome..just had poached duck egg on toast too.yum yum.

afternoon Lav..hows you?dinner time brew here for you.. well is the sun still out?forgotten what it looks like!!one of the rabbits aint too well ..Sandy ..she is a bit listless and off her food ..just like a kid, so need to keep an eye on her ..if she is no better tomorrow then tis the vets.did you get your snow shovelled..you should have hidden some sweets and dog biscuits in it ..then let the dog and kids sort it for you!!

hiya ppqp...how are you ? hope today goes well and you enjoy visiting....new title huh? not only boss ,but now mediation co-ordinator!!keep going..see how many titles you can collect!!:H have a great day.

Sam ..what are you doing????yep straight to the cartoon I went!!looney toons...thats all folks..real memory stuff!!!

hiya Pauly ..hows you today? nope you need to pick a you day!!!when they all dote round you as opposed to the other way round!!any plans for da weekend?

hiya one vacuum packed tt..how are you today?yes the weather brings new projects...when this rain eventually goes there will be soak crate going in..theres a lot of clay in the ground thats why I made raised beds..how did the protest go? oil drilling ..is that something to do with oiland??ok ok get ma bags Im off!:H

hiya sl...hows you today?..have you caused me some wirk!!!never noticed it before ..but on your flower, the petal in the 3 o clock position has a mark on it/...so this richard cranium is trying to clean the screen, and thinking one of the pixels has gone!!!duh!how are you today...apart from playing mum to a cats home!!!have a great weekend with your daughters.

righty ho off now stopped raining for a minute ..probably literally ..have a great weekend.

was going to put a pic up of the garden ,but the puter is running on steam!!it wont even load jokes!!!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

sat 15 Feb

Good morning Mick & all Abbers

Not a drop of sun here today Mick, we are waiting for a little more snow, unfortunately.
    This certainly has been one long & grueling winter.
    I hope your rabbit perks up for you!
    I witnessed my big dog Maxie slip & fall on the ice yesterday - it was terrible. All four legs went out from underneath her & she hit the deck like a ton of bricks. Fortunately there were two other adults here at the time to help me get her up & back on her feet. Geez!!!

Hello to everyone, sending wishes for a great AF Saturday for one & all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

sat 15 Feb

just switched puter off and start again..the garden this morning!!

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

sat 15 Feb

MAE...

Mick...thanks for the kickoff. I'm glad you're not any farther south you're whole garden would be under water. Good job on getting that soil moved yesterday. I think I've been wearing a mediator hat 3 months after I started. Had a great visit and with the temps at +4 we spent the morning outside. The rest of the long weekend is mine. Have a successful outing tomorrow.

Lav...sorry I think we're hogging the sun this weekend. We're supposed to get a bit of snow tonight but it won't amount to much. Starting to think spring may actually show up this year. Glad others were around to help with Maxie.

Got some chores planned for today so will get with it after I eat the greek salad I'm having for lunch.

:hallo: to all the lurkers....Have a great AF Saturday....PPQP

Comment

sat 15 Feb

Hi all - Mick, that made me laugh! Now I can't look at the picture though without seeing the black spot - may have to find some time to find a new piccy!
          So happy, found someone selling farm eggs - girls had scrambled for lunch and I had fried on toast - I LOVE REAL eggs, with yellow yolks! So happy - I have been looking for a source for a couple years. And he sold me 2 1/2 dozen for $5 (about 3 pounds!) - so chuffed!
          Had a good walk today - moist air, so have frizzy hair now, but feel good for moving.
          Mick, your planter looks a wee bit wet - planting rice???
          Good to see you Lav and PPQ - where on earth is everyone else??
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

sat 15 Feb

SL - not sure what you mean by real eggs? Do you mean hens that are not in cages (ie free range )?

Comment

sat 15 Feb

TT - farm eggs (with Big Yellow Yolks) not supermarket eggs with wimpy pale small yolks! Even teh free range ones in stores are pathetic - these are from a guy with chickens in his back yard Lav will know exactly what i mean!
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

sat 15 Feb

I know what you mean now. My sister has chooks but she doesn't live near me. It was just the use of real that threw me :H:H
                I can be pedantic!

Comment

sat 15 Feb

Happy Saturday! Nice sunny day...a bit of cloud covering.... no big doses of dopamine kind

SL and Pauly so glad you guys made it without giving into the drink the other day. I had actually typed that out for my journal and then decided to post it. For me it is good to know that if my brain chemicals start to get out of whack I still can resist the urge to say "screw it".

TT...I so understand the "reward" at the end of the day, that was so me. Some prize it was I also was pretty productive while drinking. I always thought it wasn't so bad to clean the house and do mundane chores a bit buzzed. Most nights after drinking....I would wake up to a spotless house, even all the empties were swept away and thrown out in the trash. Laundry was done. Now I am not so OCD:H

Mick so glad you didn't drop the casket. I cracked up about you and your friend thinking the other had passed. I only do that with actors....."googling are they still alive". Then when I find out that they passed 12 years ago....I am a bit saddened.

Hubby and I went out for Valentines Day today. I decided I wanted to check out a new "hot spot" in town. It is in a historic building that has been renovated. There has been much buzz about the cocktails and I was prepared for the detail I was going to get on how they are french pressing the brandy to draw out the flavor, why they are using brandy and the whole big to do of what they bring to patrons who order it. I have never had brandy in my life. The waiter begins to describe the whole to do to my husband.....when he is finished my hubby looks and him and says "are you serious?" I think he thought he was on Candy Camera. Anyways...the food was fabulous and so was our ice tea.

Comment

sat 15 Feb

Evening all
                    feeling a little under the weather, hope it doesn't become some full blown yuck!

been working on taxes, I just hate having to revisit the year financially. I know I should keep up with it every month and I'm hoping that's going to be one of my sober perks, being more attentive to the books.

Mick, photos look good but you really did get a boatload of rain.The black drain tile, what will you do with it? Hope your rabbit is doing better.
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

sat 15 Feb

Cheer up Sam :lilflower:- if its not taxes its the kids science fair projects!:H Just ask SL.

I'm crunching words at the moment - and Sunday is almost over. I went for a walk today and got angry at all the rubbish I could see that people had thrown from their cars at the side of the road. Then I went off the road and had a calm-me-down down by the sea - until the wind threatened to blow the few remaining hairs on my head to the South Pole .

Where's Narilly?????

Comment

sat 15 Feb

hiya all...how are you....thankfully finally got on here...really struggling for an internet connection to anything.....had to take the wabbit to the vet ...she had 3 injections..but hopefully on the mend...out this morning ..theres supposed to be a yellow thingy in the sky today...we shall see take care and have a good weekend everyone ...oops upside downeys ...youve had your havent you?

Comment

Working...
                        X