Sunday mar 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday mar 2

mae all......well its now 0440 am ..on my way out of the door in a min...so just a quickie...hope all are well.....ppqp...member what I said...get some you time in....SL...here we go ..now into markless March..no marks on the pages this month ..please n thank you maam big hiya to everyone..will try and post later..if not might be a quick hello tomorrow before I leave....Det good luck..actually no you dont need luck ..new meds ,determination...oh and put dx s photo in your wallet..next time you decide you need a drink ..before you do just look at that pic..and think ..how much have I hurt her already with this crap,every day you decide to drink is a day less of happiness on earth with her..does she deserve this?.ask those questions before you make your choice mate..youll do it :goodjob:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Sunday mar 2

MAE from the deep south. Have a good day out today Mick and then its all go for your holiday. Lots of good advice that you gave to the gang so I don't have much to add.
    PPQP - it is important that you get me time -same goes for all of us. We dont want our me time to be lying in a hospital bed regretting the way we poisoned our bodies - I am sure that won't happen.

I had a great day - it turned out sunny and the daughter and I went a long walk through the hills and a pine forest - and had a lovely conversation about movies, books and traveling. I decided to put things like discussing homework and The Future on the back burner - thats not why I treasure my moments alone with her.

Saw the Canadian Ice Truckers on TV - no I didn't watch it for more than 5 mins but it made me think of you folk still braving the elements. My binge TV watching at the moment is 'Borgen' - Danish TV series that was shown in the UK - dont know about the States. Really enjoying it and last night I saw an episode shot in Greenland - now there is some ice and snow there. Also dreadful alcoholism -I ended up reading about it on the internet - very sad what has happened.
    I don't binge my TV in one go - I practise moderation in this:H- episodes spaced over the week in careful quantities !! Always watched on a full stomach:H
    Have a great Sunday one and all and remember to take time to enjoy the moment!

Comment

Sunday mar 2

Good Sunday morning Abbers!

I am one with my coffee pot this morning ~ nice
      This is my quiet time before the next snowstorm hits & I have to be outside dealing with it :H

Greetings Mick, TT & everyone!
      I hope you are all having a nice day/night doing what you like AF

Will check in later!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sunday mar 2

Morning all,
        just read the forecast 7-11 inches of snow!! but first rain-freezing rain-sleet, What the hey, where this stuff come from?! In any event, time to boogie and get stuff done. Ol Man Winter still working his mojo.

have a good one everybody and hope all is well.
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sunday mar 2

Weather seems to be the main topic of conversation here. May I join in? I live in Canada and talk about snow!! It has been a ridiculous winter and I was so lucky to have spent two weeks on a Caribean (sp) cruise (haven't sipped my first coffee yet... ). Was hoping to come home to sunshine and daisies but no, just piles of this white s%&t. LOL.

Went to a drunk fest last night and the noise was deafening with people screaming to be heard on top of Pink Floyd. This party took place in a trailer in a trailer park so you can imagine the chaos. I had to be there as it was a going away party for hubby and me as we are leavng for another province (Thank Gawd). I sipped tea and sat with another sober gal whose hearing aids were driving her crazy with the high pitched laughter and shouting. DID NOT DRINK and from the perspective I found myself at, why would I? Drove my sentimental, bombed hubby home and smiled myself to a sober sleep. I love being sober.
          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Sunday mar 2

Welcome SoberSoul! Weather...nobody wants to hear me moan about my 45 degree weekend. Temps dropping today though. I would like at least one snow day this year....in the South work even closes if it snows even half an inch!

My hubby rarely drinks and when he does it's not a lot....and never around me. Since he drinks so little even a couple of drinks makes him feel like shit the next day. He never ever will cave to be fact of not feeling well...so I try to add on some extra plans, act extra chirpee....drives him nuts. But there is no way in hell he will admit to feeling a bit hungover. So I add to his manly pain.

So I did quit the yoga studio and have been practicing more than ever! They switch out teachers a lot....and I realized this last lot is a bunch of nearly anorexic 25 year olds with really poor teaching skills. I walked out mid-class for my last 3 classes saying,"this is not freaking yoga people!" I have a new studio in mind, but for the time being I am enjoying my home practice.

Off to enjoy some of the day, before temps drop! Then you can find me huddled under blankets.....binge watching TV. TT...I just don't do moderation. I don't watch TV everyday...but, on a cold day.....you can count on a full out binge. We finished Breaking Bad, I have watched almost every food documentary....not sure what is next.

Does anyone here juice? Is it more hassle than its worth? Or is it simpler than I think? Of course everything I check out claims to be easy....but all their food is pre-peeled, pre-chopped.....and I have read cleaning the juicer can be a bitch. I love juice bars....but, their prices are well quite steep.

Comment

Sunday mar 2

61 degrees at 9a...projected to be 30 tomorrow!

Comment

Sunday mar 2

Hi there Sober welcome.
                The party you describe sounds like torture - a kind of reverse hangover???:H Good on you for staying sober and sane! :goodjob:

SF - I don't juice - the nutritional experts I have talked to tell me that its much healthier when possible to chew the same food - but of course you can't consume the same amount. Also a lot of nutrients are lost as soon as food gets cut up, even more so when its kept waiting around as in so many juice bars. Unfortunately some people also allow too much sugar (from fruit) to creep into their juices.
                Again, nothing wrong in moderation:H but I personally don't think having juices as a major food item is so great - unless one has to of course!

Enjoy the warm weather and others stay warm. Its cold here again today (Monday). Very wet.

Comment

Sunday mar 2

SoberSoul;1633367 wrote: DID NOT DRINK and from the perspective I found myself at, why would I? Drove my sentimental, bombed hubby home and smiled myself to a sober sleep. I love being sober.
                  Wonderful news, SS! I'm so happy to hear it. Good for you!
                  You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Sunday mar 2

Hi all - feeling good here today. Was complaining of feeling cold and needing to put heating on, it is windy and my little house is drafty - but read on here and whining is done - stay safe and warm all you snowy folks.
                    Yes Mick, aiming for a markless March - going to do it! Feeling good!!
                    Hi SS - glad to see you here:l
                    Hi to everyone else....
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Sunday mar 2

Already down to 40 and raining!

TT-I agree on eating the food vs. juicing. I was curious as I was interested in getting the nutrients from foods that I would never consume. Probably best thing I could do nutrient wise is make a go of giving up the smoking and diet coke first. Realistically, I would never keep up the juicing because of the time and mess involved. Plus, the amount of food you have to buy to juice looks a tad insane. Think I will just put more effort into consuming the food the way the universe intended

Comment

Sunday mar 2

I agree with you there SF - lots of work, would rather pick up a tomato and eat it!
                        Just did a little counting and the last six months i have been working more than in the previous couple years - I have had 157 AF days out of 181....with Feb being my best, so the next six months will rock!!
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Sunday mar 2

You're doing good SL,as long as we're making progress it's all that matters,happy sunday everybody
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sunday mar 2

Hi everyone, Sunday night here.. deflecting booze left, right and centre... champagne toast today for the baptism of my third new grandchild; just brought it to my lips, paused and put it down as did my pregnant daughter.

I have juiced and it is a great way to get rid of the leftover fruit and veggies at the end of the week, celery that`s seen better days, brocolli stems, carrots, apples, etc. The juicer is not hard to clean if you have a bristled brush and you clean it before even drinking the juice. Feel great when I juice but like many, don`t bother with it often.
                            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Sunday mar 2

late night greetings ABerooooos!

good to be feeling good here. Think I might just keep it up

some very deep and good conversations with my dear wife again today. amazingly we are in some ways closer than ever and still learning things about one another.

I've been doing tons of online research on CBT as it relates to addiction treatment and I'm finding it fascinating.

Sobersoul, very well done on being AF at what sounded like a real 'zoo' of a party.

I'm going to venture into some extremely small-scale gardening with kale, tomatoes and a fancy lettuce mix. should be a fun project.

off to snooze. be well everyone
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X